Sharing my Experience with Eugenix , India . Package opted - Premium , Dr Das

BuyTheDip

Hi , I am 25 years old guy living in India , suffering from male pattern baldness since i was like 19 years old . Went with the flow and lost a big amount of hair . Started takin topical min and topical fin in december 2021 , then replaced topical fin with oral fin from june 2022 and have been on oral fin 1 mg since june 2022 . Recovered a lot of hairs but temporal angles along with crown were my main issue , so decided for a transplant . Consulted with Dr Arika Bansal and and she suggested 1800 grafts in total . Did the procedure in august 2023 for around 1800 grafts . Attaching my pre op images and post op images as well as my 3 months progress . To be honest , since i had hairs in crown , i was expecting shock loss in crown which did occur . But in the frontal and mid scalp , i did nor received any single graft but that area has thinned out a lot in these 3 months . It is even worse than nov 2021 when i was not on any medication. At this point i am regretting my decision . Care team of Eugenix is telling me that this area will recover with medication but my question is this area was not even thin to begin with and i never stopped finasteride . Looking forward to hearing what this forum has to say . This procedure has drained me mentally , my hair has never been more worse than this . Considering another transplant next year. 

Other than this my experience has been wonderful with the clinic. 10/10 for the experience . But not at happy with my current situation . Also please advice how many grafts would i require to fill my frontal thinned out area.

@Melvin- Admin. @Gatsby  @Eugenix Hair Science  @Eugenix Hair Sciences

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.36.45 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.36.46 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.36.49 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.36.51 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.36.54 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.36.57 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.36.59 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.37.07 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.37.08 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.37.18 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.37.20 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.37.21 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.37.23 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-06 at 11.37.25 AM.jpeg

3 months 1 week update , very poor hair growth in front and mid area , has completely destroyed my self esteem . Cant go anywhere without hair fibres , the thing i hate the most . If i had to use hair fibres , i could have used them in my crown and decided to opt out from surgery , saving myself from this trauma .

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-09 at 4.05.07 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-12 at 7.33.21 PM.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

You're simply loosing more hair. 

Nothing to panic or feel traumatised about; it happens. Your existing hair loss protocol might not be working and/or your hair loss has gone up a level. You've got plenty of hair left to work with and when the results of the HT start kicking in, you'll be fine. Maybe you'll need another HT in the future but you would have known that anyway if you'd done your research.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, BuyTheDip said:

@Berba11 but is it possible to lose that much hairs in 3 months .. and according to you how many grafts will i need in my mid region?

Is it possible? Sure. But I'm a reluctant to accept your premise that your hair is suddenly worse after three months. In your pre-op photos your hair is much longer which makes it look better, but I can clearly see thinning in your midscalp on the 5th picture despite the length of the the hair. With your hair now shorter, that thinning is exposed. It's not uncommon for people to underestimate the extent of their thinning, especially if they kept their hair at a length that masked it.

I'm much the same. I have weak spots in my midscalp that can look undetectable depending on hair length, how I style it etc. I can also make it look worse than it really is if I want to.

My advice is to forget how many grafts you might need in the future - that number will only evolve over time anyway. For now, just relax and wait for the current results from this surgery to start growing in. You can treat your thinning as some big trauma and get worked up about it if you wish. Your hair doesn't care too much whether you panic or whether you're calm & stoic - it'll do what it's going to do regardless. So given the case, you're better off approaching your hair loss is a calmer, more methodical way. Despite the thinning in the midscalp, you have a decent head of hair that will be nicely enhanced over the coming 9 or so months. Get through that first and then go from there.

7 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Is it possible? Sure. But I'm a reluctant to accept your premise that your hair is suddenly worse after three months. In your pre-op photos your hair is much longer which makes it look better, but I can clearly see thinning in your midscalp on the 5th picture despite the length of the the hair. With your hair now shorter, that thinning is exposed. It's not uncommon for people to underestimate the extent of their thinning, especially if they kept their hair at a length that masked it.

I'm much the same. I have weak spots in my midscalp that can look undetectable depending on hair length, how I style it etc. I can also make it look worse than it really is if I want to.

My advice is to forget how many grafts you might need in the future - that number will only evolve over time anyway. For now, just relax and wait for the current results from this surgery to start growing in. You can treat your thinning as some big trauma and get worked up about it if you wish. Your hair doesn't care too much whether you panic or whether you're calm & stoic - it'll do what it's going to do regardless. So given the case, you're better off approaching your hair loss is a calmer, more methodical way. Despite the thinning in the midscalp, you have a decent head of hair that will be nicely enhanced over the coming 9 or so months. Get through that first and then go from there.

Thanks man for the advise. I have also restarted topical minoxidil , lets say what next few months brings . And then will re-evaluate. 

My hairs have definitely become thinner in these past months and i figured this might be because i am not using topical minoxidil as i was advised by clinic that i can stop min and can continue oral fin . Now i have restarted topical min , i hope it amplifies the outcome of my thinned hairs.

2 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Stopping minoxidil for prolonged periods of time caused your hair loss. It was foolish advice to quit it for months, you should have restarted it 10 days after the operation. 

Thats what i am regretting . I should not have listened to him blindly. Anyways i have never stopped finasteride and have restarted minoxidil 5% fortified with 0.1% finasteride. Do you think i can recover those lost hairs by resuming min again?

20 minutes ago, BuyTheDip said:

Thats what i am regretting . I should not have listened to him blindly. Anyways i have never stopped finasteride and have restarted minoxidil 5% fortified with 0.1% finasteride. Do you think i can recover those lost hairs by resuming min again?

Maybe, but it will be tough. I wish you well and hope they recover somehow. 

Just to summarise my research for my future reference - I think what has happened is quitting minoxidil for 4 months has put a significant amount of hairs in telogen phase . I have introduced Telogen Effluvium i guess . Starting min again and this should resolve in next 6 months . Lets see.. if not will go for other procedure i guess

• Valued Contributor
14 hours ago, BuyTheDip said:

Just to summarise my research for my future reference - I think what has happened is quitting minoxidil for 4 months has put a significant amount of hairs in telogen phase . I have introduced Telogen Effluvium i guess . Starting min again and this should resolve in next 6 months . Lets see.. if not will go for other procedure i guess

I hadn't realised you'd come off minoxidil for four months, so yes that would explain thinning. If was was working for you just a few months ago I'd imagine you can recover the situation.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

I hadn't realised you'd come off minoxidil for four months, so yes that would explain thinning. If was was working for you just a few months ago I'd imagine you can recover the situation.

yes only quiting min can explain this .. lets see how things go in next 4-5 months because i remember when i started min for first time , in a span of 4 months my hairs were so much better, i never realised i had responded so well to min

You are just three months from your procedure, and usually around three months growth starts. Please be patient

As per your pictures, either you have experience quite a shock-loss or your existing Hair has disappeared. Frankly speaking you should have left your crown on medications. I don't know why Eugenix decided to transplant grafts on crown?

I will only advice you to wait for at least a year before deriving any conclusion, Dr. Das is a good surgeon, don't stress on second procedure right now, just focus on your recovery and please remember one thing, once you start Finasteride or Minoxidil you need to stay on it forever. Never stop those medicines if they are working for you.

Edited by Rawkerboi

19 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

You are just three months from your procedure, and usually around three months growth starts. Please be patient

As per your pictures, either you have experience quite a shock-loss or your existing Hair has disappeared. Frankly speaking you should have left your crown on medications. I don't know why Eugenix decided to transplant grafts on crown?

I will only advice you to wait for at least a year before deriving any conclusion, Dr. Das is a good surgeon, don't stress on second procedure right now, just focus on your recovery and please remember one thing, once you start Finasteride or Minoxidil you need to stay on it forever. Never stop those medicines if they are working for you.

In my mid part its not shock loss i guess , its due to stopping minoxidil . I was advised by someone from clinic that i can drop. minoxidil and i think this has led to this condition. Anyways , i am back on minoxidil and hope i recover these hairs.