How Do You know when a transplant has failed?

Ive had a HT at a clinic, 3 of my friends one to before me (all had great results) and people I know have been since and had great results..

mine seem to be very poor, (hairline where surgeon done has great results) but they only done the hairline, the hairs that the technicians implanted seems to only partially have came back, Im 18 month in now, so not expecting it to get much better now..

clinic said Its fine, hair is growing as should be, and said to pay to come in for a second procedure, but I don't want to waste donor hair, so looking for somewhere else... 

is there a reason mine may have failed? Thanks..

38 minutes ago, eshda said:

Ive had a HT at a clinic, 3 of my friends one to before me (all had great results) and people I know have been since and had great results..

mine seem to be very poor, (hairline where surgeon done has great results) but they only done the hairline, the hairs that the technicians implanted seems to only partially have came back, Im 18 month in now, so not expecting it to get much better now..

clinic said Its fine, hair is growing as should be, and said to pay to come in for a second procedure, but I don't want to waste donor hair, so looking for somewhere else... 

is there a reason mine may have failed? Thanks..

Hi, just a small suggestion you should never ever visit the same clinic for another procedure which failed previously. Making a mistake might be acceptable but making the same mistake again not acceptable at all. 

Btw do you have any before and after photos ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadman said:

Hi, just a small suggestion you should never ever visit the same clinic for another procedure which failed previously. Making a mistake might be acceptable but making the same mistake again not acceptable at all. 

Btw do you have any before and after photos ? 

Screenshot_2023-10-15-21-54-13-59_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-15-21-54-28-42_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-15-21-54-18-00_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-15-21-54-22-04_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

• Valued Contributor

Can we see the hairline itself?

Picture quality isn’t great and without a range of angles and close ups it’s hard to evaluate the work properly. 

There’s clearly been growth - that much is clear, though whatever was placed towards the midscalp either hasn’t grown in or there simply wasn’t enough grafts used. How many grafts were transplanted and which clinic did you go to?

Cheers

• Administrators

It looks like you’ve had minimal growth. By 18 months you know. How many grafts did you get? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@eshda,

if you said this somewhere and I missed it, I apologize but exactly how far along are you from your hair transplant? In other words, when exactly did you have your hair transplant and how many months are you now?  Also, some surgical details would help such as how many grafts did you have? Do you have a hair count breakdown such as how many hairs per graft?

also I agree with the others that the photo quality of the pictures you presented is quite poor. Your hair is also very light as is your scalp so between your hair to scalp color ratio, the low quality of the photos and lack of knowledge regarding the date of your surgery, when the photos were taken and surgical details it’s very difficult to gauge quality.

So if you could post all that, We would be able to give you a better idea of your result.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

They said the hair has grew well, which I think some of it has. It just doesn't seem like 3500 grafts compared to what I've seen on other people's results. They have said I should get a second one, which I originally was told to be fair. I just assumed the first one would have more coverage.  Then I've got their sales team messaging me weekly to book my second one, but not sure if I should go back with these results.

6 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@eshda,

if you said this somewhere and I missed it, I apologize but exactly how far along are you from your hair transplant? In other words, when exactly did you have your hair transplant and how many months are you now?  Also, some surgical details would help such as how many grafts did you have? Do you have a hair count breakdown such as how many hairs per graft?

also I agree with the others that the photo quality of the pictures you presented is quite poor. Your hair is also very light as is your scalp so between your hair to scalp color ratio, the low quality of the photos and lack of knowledge regarding the date of your surgery, when the photos were taken and surgical details it’s very difficult to gauge quality.

So if you could post all that, We would be able to give you a better idea of your result.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Sorry, trying to find pictures from when it was done, but I've got a new phone..

I'll attach what I can find.  Also, 21 months, FUE 3500 grafts,  hairline to mid scalp. No breakdown of singles or double was given.

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 19.48.04.png

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 19.48.10.png

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 19.48.22.png

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 19.48.30.png