Topical finestride 0.1 once or twice a day

Jamos1982

Hi everyone,

I’ve been using a topical 0.1 fin/min spray mourning and night and I was wondering if it will still be as effective if I use at night only, as using it in mourning makes my hair greasy for the day.

thanks 

• Valued Contributor

I personally think it would work better at night as your testosterone levels peak around 5am during a normal sleep pattern (no shift work) cycle. I take 0.25% topical finasteride at night for the reasons you mentioned. I wake up in the morning looking like the love child of Don King and Kosmo Kramer!!!!

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Once a day is good enough.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

21 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I personally think it would work better at night as your testosterone levels peak around 5am during a normal sleep pattern (no shift work) cycle. I take 0.25% topical finasteride at night for the reasons you mentioned. I wake up in the morning looking like the love child of Don King and Kosmo Kramer!!!!

Hi, I had finasteride before and also having now from the last six months 1mg of finasteride three times in a week. But I'm having some sides with it. My plan is to take for two more months, after that I will switch completely to topical fin. My question is, did you face any issues with topical 0.25% ? 

Edited by Shadman

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, Shadman said:

Hi, I had finasteride before and also having now from the last six months 1mg of finasteride three times in a week. But I'm having some sides with it. My plan is to take for two more months, after that I will switch completely to topical fin. My question is, did you face any issues with topical 0.25% ? 

No. I’m able to tolerate topical Finasteride 0.25%. I know @Doron Harati had the same problem and also switched to topical Finasteride. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea I had libido sides effects issues with Propecia pills so I switched for topical formula of Finasteride mixed with Minoxidil without any issues for 2 years.

I use it once a day as the pharmacist instructed me.

• Thanks 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

2 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

Yea I had libido sides effects issues with Propecia pills so I switched for topical formula of Finasteride mixed with Minoxidil without any issues for 2 years.

I use it once a day as the pharmacist instructed me.

Thank you for sharing the details. May I know the concentration % of topical finasteride that you're using currently ? 

1% 

38 minutes ago, Shadman said:

Thank you for sharing the details. May I know the concentration % of topical finasteride that you're using currently ? 

1% Finasteride and 5% Minoxidil 

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.