sex after hairtransplant question

hi all, i did my hairtransplant before 4 days
i know that sex is not allowed for 5-14 days after the hairtransplant
my question is if i did my hairtransplant before 4 days, and i will do sex only 1 time not more ( without sweeting)
is it can damge my hair transplant or i can be realx that nothing will happen?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's news to me. As long as you don't do any BDSM that involves smacking your head you should be fine. You can relax. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• Valued Contributor

Some people believe that if you have regular sex with your hair transplant that it will actually grow in a bit quicker. The only thing standing it your way will be flexion of the spine. But if you’re particularly bendy you should have no problems manoeuvring into position. 

• Valued Contributor
22 minutes ago, gogo123 said:

the clinic said after 3 days its allowed

this is why i ask, i read in the internet differnt answers about the post operation directions and every place say differnt peroid of time in anything( gym,sun,sex...)

In all seriousness, just wait until you've done your first head wash or two and removed the scabs - for your partner's viewing pleasure if nothing else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@gogo123,

When it comes to questions like this, my answer is typically this… “Use common sense“.  In other words, the 5 to 14 Day range that you were given is more of a guideline then it is a hard fast rule.

At the end of the day, it’s a good idea to follow the post office instructions your physician gave you. However, If you ultimately have gentler sex on the fourth day and it doesn’t interfere with the newly transplanted hair, then it’s not going to affect your hair transplant result in any way.   However, you will certainly want to avoid anything on the rougher side or anything that makes you sweat profusely.   I also suggest asking your partner not to run their fingers through nor pull your hair.

My advice to use common sense the first week or two out from hair surgery also applies when it comes to exercising and other activities that people do on a regular basis.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

57 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

In all seriousness, just wait until you've done your first head wash or two and removed the scabs - for your partner's viewing pleasure if nothing else.

i did like 10 washes ( twice a day) , my transplanted area have not scabs anymore 

Edited by gogo123

25 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@gogo123,

When it comes to questions like this, my answer is typically this… “Use common sense“.  In other words, the 5 to 14 Day range that you were given is more of a guideline then it is a hard fast rule.

At the end of the day, it’s a good idea to follow the post office instructions your physician gave you. However, If you ultimately have gentler sex on the fourth day and it doesn’t interfere with the newly transplanted hair, then it’s not going to affect your hair transplant result in any way.   However, you will certainly want to avoid anything on the rougher side or anything that makes you sweat profusely.   I also suggest asking your partner not to run their fingers through nor pull your hair.

My advice to use common sense the first week or two out from hair surgery also applies when it comes to exercising and other activities that people do on a regular basis.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

thanks for the full the informative answer

i got all my scubs off on my transplanted area and of course if i will do i i will be carefull 

but i read on internet that the sex is not allowed because the blood preasure go high and the heart rate too while doing sex

so you said it wont influence me if i will do sex activity? 

btw the graft are secure right now on my head after 4- 5 days? 

• Valued Contributor
23 minutes ago, gogo123 said:

i read on internet that the sex is not allowed because the blood preasure go high and the heart rate too while doing sex

I don't know what kind of sex the people you've been reading about on the internet are having, but if they're having heart rate & blood pressures issues during the act, they probably shouldn't be doing it at all.

You'll be fine. No need to worry!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gogo123 said:

thanks for the full the informative answer

i got all my scubs off on my transplanted area and of course if i will do i i will be carefull 

but i read on internet that the sex is not allowed because the blood preasure go high and the heart rate too while doing sex

so you said it wont influence me if i will do sex activity? 

btw the graft are secure right now on my head after 4- 5 days? 

While having sex, if your partner accidentally touches your freshly implanted grafts then what? 

Its better to avoid sexual activity for at least 15days  

in my clinic they tell me i can back to gym after month and half

and sex after 3-4 days its fine and not problem

i open this post becauase i read alot of opinions about it and i want to be sure about it

p.s i did in good clinic that reccomand in this forum

3 hours ago, gogo123 said:

in my clinic they tell me i can back to gym after month and half

and sex after 3-4 days its fine and not problem

i open this post becauase i read alot of opinions about it and i want to be sure about it

p.s i did in good clinic that reccomand in this forum

Clearly you want to do it badly that you asked your clinic so just do it and get it over with. I can’t imagine what that conversation must have been like, asking the surgeon if you can have sex lol so it clearly means a lot to you

The only sure thing is you can’t damage grafts after 2-3 weeks, anything earlier than that is just hoping for the best and taking chances. 

Just now, Turkhair said:

Clearly you want to do it badly that you asked your clinic so just do it and get it over with. I can’t imagine what that conversation must have been like, asking the surgeon if you can have sex lol so it clearly means a lot to you

The only sure thing is you can’t damage grafts after 2-3 weeks, anything earlier than that is just hoping for the best and taking chances. 

listen you are delusional  all your replays you made it feel like you angry about this issue that i ask about sex, i can ask whetever i want so your cynicism and your jokes not so usefull grow up you act like a 12 years old kid 

• 2 weeks later...

Gogo123,

For whatever reason, sex and masturbation seems to be uncomfortable and awkward topics for some people to discuss. I think it’s good that you’ve discussed this in detail with your surgeon as sex is a very important part of any relationship and life.  Frankly, the only bad questions are the ones not asked.

The main reason why clinics suggest waiting a few days to have sex is to prevent “popping” of the grafts due to increased heart rate and any strain.  Blood pressure does and can increase slightly but only temporarily during sex as well.  Of course you’d also want to mention to your partner not to touch your head during sexual activity as well   

But honestly, popping is rare and would likely only occur on the first day or two, if at all - but likely not even then. Just be cautious, gentle and use good judgement and you will be fine 🙂

Note that I’ve been in the hair restoration profession for over 15 years and I’ve had for hair transplant procedures myself.  This topic has come up a number of times And I’ve had discussion with numerous surgeons about it over the years.  trust me, you’ll be fine :).

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 9/25/2023 at 2:45 PM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

On 9/25/2023 at 2:45 PM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Gogo123,

For whatever reason, sex and masturbation seems to be uncomfortable and awkward topics for some people to discuss. I think it’s good that you’ve discussed this in detail with your surgeon as sex is a very important part of any relationship and life.  Frankly, the only bad questions are the ones not asked.

The main reason why clinics suggest waiting a few days to have sex is to prevent “popping” of the grafts due to increased heart rate and any strain.  Blood pressure does and can increase slightly but only temporarily during sex as well.  Of course you’d also want to mention to your partner not to touch your head during sexual activity as well   

But honestly, popping is rare and would likely only occur on the first day or two, if at all - but likely not even then. Just be cautious, gentle and use good judgement and you will be fine 🙂

Note that I’ve been in the hair restoration profession for over 15 years and I’ve had for hair transplant procedures myself.  This topic has come up a number of times And I’ve had discussion with numerous surgeons about it over the years.  trust me, you’ll be fine :).

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Thank you very much for the informative answer :)

Edited by gogo123