Botched hair transplant. 2472 grafts. Cobblestone issue

Hi everyone.

5 months ago I had my hair transplant in my home country Nepal in a clinic called Healthy choice.

I didn't do my research and fell for the false promises. The doctor promised many things but didn't even show up during the surgery day. The surgery was done by the technicians. Now it's been almost 6 months since the transplant. My transplant is done in rows shape and all the hairs in the hairline are multi graft. On top of that, on month 3 I noticed that every single grafts have developed Cobblestone issue. The recipient site is still red. 

I saw one of the member here saying he used strataderm cream for the Cobblestone issue so I have started applying that. I am not sure if that is going to help. I am thinking of doing a repair surgery after a one year mark. Few members here suggested Eugenix in India for repair. 

Any kind of help is appreciated. 

Thankyou 

IMG_0395.jpeg

IMG_0396.jpeg

IMG_0397.jpeg

IMG_0398.jpeg

IMG_0399.jpeg

IMG_0400.jpeg

IMG_0401.jpeg

IMG_0402.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

@gojnasv2

Sorry for all the things you went through and i would agree that the work is pretty bad but good that it wasn't a bigger session and you would be having enough grafts in your donor to get this fixed ...eugenix is a good option and they are doing good work and you can also check out other recommended surgeons over here and take your time with your survey...

And for cobblestoning you should consult a good experienced doctor and take his/her advice on how to address ths issue...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

I’m sorry you’re going through this, you have some good options. Eugenix is a great clinic, you can also check out Dr. Laorwong and Dr. Path in Thailand. If you need help. Feel free to reach out to me.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

As a former repair patient, repair work at Eugenix is a great option. You also still have great hair and a great looking donor. I'm not a doctor but you might want to consider finasteride to hold the hair that you have. Wishing you all the best.

Since you are from Nepal, I think Eugenix is pretty good option for repair. 

Unfortunately if you remove hair from the cobblestone area there are chances of getting scars. 

Please research carefully and explore your options. 

You can not afford another failure 

1 hour ago, Rawkerboi said:

Since you are from Nepal, I think Eugenix is pretty good option for repair. 

Unfortunately if you remove hair from the cobblestone area there are chances of getting scars. 

Please research carefully and explore your options. 

You can not afford another failure 

Hi  rawkerboi,

Yes i am considering them but looks like Dr Pradeep only does on celebrities and Dr Arika doesnt do the entire procedure. Also, everyone says scarring but i have never seen what one looks like. Do you have any examples? I searched in the forum as well but I couldn't find any post with the scarring. Now I am stuck in the middle. Can't go backwards, can't go forward. 

I am one of the people who got beard transplant repair work done at Eugenix. I guess it's difficult to get Dr. Pradeep or Dr. Arika to work on you but the technicians there are also pretty good. Dr. Arika only gave the initial guidance required for the technician to do his job, and there was another doctor present throughout the surgery overseeing things.

Everything went pretty smooth for me, as in there are no scars where the punches were made and transplanted hair extracted out. And also the transplanting was done neatly, no cobblestoning or scarring. I still have quite a few transplanted hairs with cobblestones at the roots. I think I should mention, I'm done getting the beard hair right and have been clean shaving since 7-8 months after the surgery. Since few cobblestones are still left, I feel awkward going out and staying in public for long time. I'm starting to learn to not care so much.

When I get time, I'm planning to FUE out the rest of the cobblestoned hair (mostly doubles) to get my smooth skin back. At least on my bumpy skin, FUE repair at Eugenix worked out. YMMV.

Edited by braun453

Meanwhile I also consulted an aesthetic plastic surgeon in my city for making my bumpy recipient skin smooth, he suggested a "hybrid therapy" involving some kind of laser, similar to mole removal treatment. Not sure how effective it's going to be but I'm willing to give it a try. Does anyone know if such a treatment works?

All I read online is that cobblestoned skin cannot be saved yada yada. I wonder, all this progress in medical field but there isn't a tried and tested solution for cobblestoning.

On 8/24/2023 at 6:40 PM, braun453 said:

Meanwhile I also consulted an aesthetic plastic surgeon in my city for making my bumpy recipient skin smooth, he suggested a "hybrid therapy" involving some kind of laser, similar to mole removal treatment. Not sure how effective it's going to be but I'm willing to give it a try. Does anyone know if such a treatment works?

All I read online is that cobblestoned skin cannot be saved yada yada. I wonder, all this progress in medical field but there isn't a tried and tested solution for cobblestoning.

Cobblestoning is not easy to correct

I guess the only possible options are as follows.

• Second Hair Transplant: When new follicular units are planted again during another hair transplant, the damage can be healed as the new hair grows long enough. 
  • Micropigmentation: A micro-thin needle can minimize the scarring with the help of a special dye. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 9:05 AM, braun453 said:

And also the transplanting was done neatly, no cobblestoning or scarring. I still have quite a few transplanted hairs with cobblestones at the roots.

Hey braun do you think you'd be able to clarify this part? You mentioned that your transplant was done and left no cobblestoning, but you said you still have cobblestones at the roots. Do you mean cobblestones in the hairline or in the beard? Did Eugenix not remove all of the cobblestoned hairs during the procedure?

Sure. May be I wasn't clear, I got two beard transplants done actually. The first one was from a noname clinic (biggest mistake of my life). The beardline was too high, there were small bumps at the roots of most of the transplanted hairs and many of them doubles and triples. It all ended up looking unnatural, may be even grotesque.

The second one was at Eugenix. I only wanted to correct the hairline then. They FUE-ed the bad grafts and placed them further down. This was good enough for me then. 

Wherever they extracted healed completely, leaving no trace of any cobblestone there previously. And the hair implanted by them also looks close to natural (singles, no bumps, naturally spaced out).

Even though things are better for me after Eugenix, I would still say to anyone considering a beard transplant a big NO! Run as far away from clinics that sell beard transplants as you can! Whatever you do, your transplanted beard will never look natural. 

Transplants are an option only if you are looking to fill in gaps in your hair. They look ugly when they are used to 'create' hair from scratch in a no-hair zone.