Overharvesting or just healing tissue?

DTXHair

I am 10 days s/p hair transplant in turkey 8/06. I was told 2250 grafts were taken and transplanted to the hairline. I am a little concerned with the donor appearance compared to others at this stage. Is this within the realm of normal healing, Overharvesting, or shock loss? I wouldn’t expect Overharvesting with that number of grafts over a large area. I have just been fixated on the appearance and am anxious about long term appearance. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Administrators

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

@DTXHair

There is a high chance of shockloss though its Too early to judge something ....give few more months and than something can be predicted...

Is it normal for shock loss to be diffuse like that or generally more concentrated to a certain area? 

• Moderators

It looks normal at this stage. There is some redness which makes it look different from the surrounding area plus you probably have a bit of shock loss happening plus they may have shaved it down more than the surrounding area so the donor area could be slightly shorter which can also make it look like it doesn't match the rest. I can see that you do have hair growing throughout the entire area that was used as the donor area, so I don't think it will look too bad after a few more months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Melvin's shock loss video is very informative! I think you will be just fine.  Post some pictures in a couple months.

Edited by JohnCasper

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.