1st Time Hasson Patient - Having Anxiety Over Anesthesia & Looking for Support

JP3000

Hi everyone - I finally made the commitment to have a transplant with Dr. Hasson next week, August 15th & 16th; I'm well prepared and researched, and have all the assurances from patients and the clinic, feel really good up till this point . . . but still experiencing fear around the anesthetic piece.  I have no problem with needles at the Dentist, in my arm, Botox, but perhaps because this is all new to me, it's the unknown that's causing my anxiety? 

I plan on posting my experience on here, before/after pics, but was looking for some more information/experience around the anesthesia piece from the community to hopefully quell my anxiety.  It's been a rollercoaster this last week as I prep to leave.   

I've scoured the forums looking for as much information as I could find, seems to be a spectrum of experiences.  Any advise, sharing would be really appreciated!  

A needle inserted into your gums at the dentist is 100x more painfull than the anesthetic they give you at a hair transplant. The nurses are super good. It's just mildly uncomfortable for 1 second the first few shots, then you feel nothing. You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I had my procedure with Hasson this June. A lovely experience, and painless :)

• Like 1

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

• Valued Contributor

@JP3000

My surgeon used jet injectors (needle less anaesthesia) which felt like a mosquito bite....i,don't know what dr hason uses for that....but whatever it is ,it will not be unbearable one and you don't need to be anxious about that brother...and best of luck for your surgery ..will be waiting to see your thread about your experience ....

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

@JP3000

My surgeon used jet injectors (needle less anaesthesia) which felt like a mosquito bite....i,don't know what dr hason uses for that....but whatever it is ,it will not be unbearable one and you don't need to be anxious about that brother...and best of luck for your surgery ..will be waiting to see your thread about your experience ....

@A_4_Archan I've heard that product takes nearly all the pain out of it, that's incredible you had that option.  Hopefully, by the time I get a 2nd HT, they are available to me.  Thanks for the reply! 

• Like 1

That is what I'm most nervous about and how I'm gonna sleep elevated for a week after surgery. I have surgery with Dr.Wong on the 16th and I've got a pre-op on the 15th, so we might bump into each other! I know it can be nerve-racking, but it won't hurt as much as we think. I'm just looking forward to the hair gains.

• Like 1

I had my with Dr Wong and he used a vibration device while putting in anaesthetic. It mentally tricks the brain into focusing on that sensation rather the the pain so less of it's registered. I'm not sure it Dr Hasson does the same but with that is was very tolerable for me

• Like 1

You may feel the first few needle pricks but the discomfort is minimal.  You will be fine.  But, keep in mind for several to many weeks afterward, your head will be numb.  It takes a long time to wear off in some.  Just be careful if you bump your head.  Also don't scrub your head too hard with your hands a week or so after surgery when your showering.  Your scabs and numb head can cause you to be a bit too rigorous in the shower especially when your starting to loosen up the existing scabs from the surgery.  Just be smart and best of luck with your surgery!  Keep us posted.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I just had work done with Hasson last week. I was worried as well, but honestly it was no big deal. The first couple needles sting a little, and then you're off to the races. If you ever start feeling anything, let them know and they will get you numbed back up. Here is my writeup: 

Oh, one last recommendation to make things comfier - bring your own neck pillow. The one that they give you is a blow up one and is really meh. Also keep in mind that I didn't get any crown work done, so that pillow experience might be a tad different.

Hey guys - I had day 1 with Hasson & Team and it was a success, albeit 11.5 hours but no way i would f' around with rushing with any step so I'm glad it felt like everyone was taking their time in the right ways.

I'm going to start a proper post with my journey but thanks for everyone's support & encouragement, it definitely helped!!!   I had my own unique experience with the anesthesia but overall was nothing to worry about or prevent you from having a HT.

Attaching a teaser of my before and after.  I'm focusing on rebuilding my hairline and mid-scalp, filling in everything else with topics/oral minox.  I'll post my new in the next few days.

Day 1.jpg

Before.png

Edited by JP3000
  • Thanks 1