HLC ANKARA 3580 Grafts for hairline and middle section

I'm now 4 months and two weeks into this thing. It seems it has been quite static now for a while. A marginal difference since I last posted pics, with my left side lagging considerably, especially in a well-lit, exposed environment. I am starting to get slightly nervous, since I think I was anticipating more consistent growth, chugging along slowly, but I guess that's probably not realistic. Slightly alarmed that when I get up close, I can't see any new hairs sprouting amidst the hairs that are currently there. I guess, we shall see! 

Beyond that, I have had a few comments from people that the new hairline looks quite artificial/'too straight'. I've struggled to totally get what they mean by too straight since as you can see in the photos it is a resoundingly bowing hairline shape. I guess that the front-line itself is perhaps too straight, given how thin the hair currently is?! Usually when people's hair starts to thin considerably it disrupts the lines of the hairline, which is perhaps why it looks artificial now, being such a defined line yet so sparsely covered? Nonetheless, it's just past 4 months so probably too early on to worry about this sort of thing! 

Beyond that, at the very front and centre of the hairline seems to be made up almost entirely of multiples, which does look a tad pluggy. This is something I am concerned about, but as I've been told here (and by HLC themselves) that it's too early to assess. Seems this is the well-trod path of everyone that gets one of these done. Panic, be reassured by everyone and their mother that it's too early to tell, panic some more, and then walk away basically happy. Still, definitely panicking!

Will upload progress pics in a month or so! 

• Like 3

great hairline design, I think the density is very appropriate...I just think HLC overuses grafts.
I saw Couto's works, De Freitas's works etc in great details.
They use 50-60% of the grafts HLC used to cover that area.
At the end of the story, you pay more at HLC...

PS is ALIF still there?
I saw looking for ever but could not find on HLC page

35 minutes ago, duchaine said:

great hairline design, I think the density is very appropriate...I just think HLC overuses grafts.
I saw Couto's works, De Freitas's works etc in great details.
At the end of the story, you pay more at HLC...

PS is ALIF still there?
I saw looking for ever but could not find on HLC page

Couto's work is the real exception in my opinion. He uses a minimum amount of grafts which is amazing considering his results.

De Freitas uses much more than Couto, and I don't think he uses a lot less than HLC. Pekiner, Keser uses the same amount as HLC.

Bisanga for instance uses a lot of grafts too, sometimes even more in my opinion. 

In the end of the day, it's about the desired density. HLC does 50 grafts/cm2 at maximum (Melvin said that you need at least 45 grafts/cm2 in the hairline), but maybe other surgeons use the grafts more efficiently before the hairline.

You can find Elif in this page:

https://www.fue-hlc.com/hairline-clinic/

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Idan said:

Couto's work is the real exception in my opinion. He uses a minimum amount of grafts which is amazing considering his results.

De Freitas uses much more than Couto, and I don't think he uses a lot less than HLC. Pekiner, Keser uses the same amount as HLC.

Bisanga for instance uses a lot of grafts too, sometimes even more in my opinion. 

In the end of the day, it's about the desired density. HLC does 50 grafts/cm2 at maximum (Melvin said that you need at least 45 grafts/cm2 in the hairline), but maybe other surgeons use the grafts more efficiently before the hairline.

what I can see is that HLC uses a lot of grafts among natives.
What I see is HLC calculate 50cm2 even where the patient has native. It sounds strange...

On 10/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, jjalay said:

You have a couple of multis on both sides and on the front of the hairline, i could count at least 15 on each side. At this stage though its really hard to make any final judgments because you are at the begin of your hair growth. I mean when in the next 3 months the hair growth evolves and many single grafts are starting to pop out this will improve the appearance of your hairline and completely conceal these multigrafts. In the other case if more multis are growing in the hairline and you are not satisfied with it you can always repair it and do a refinement of the hairline by adding more singles.

At this stage you really should not worry about it and just be patience for the next couple months.

great point!

54 minutes ago, duchaine said:

what I can see is that HLC uses a lot of grafts among natives.
What I see is HLC calculate 50cm2 even where the patient has native. It sounds strange...

That's not the case with me. They did 50cm2 for the hairline and then for adding density to the frontal area, 20cm2. Though I suspect I will in the not too distant future need to have another transplant.

4 hours ago, Idan said:

You really cant compare de freitas or bisanga with hlc. Its like you are comparing real madrid or barcelona with fenerbahce.

Check out this cases from hlc in this forum:

Every elite doctor that is reccomended in this forum could have given a better result with almost half of the grafts that were used in these cases. And i dont think you will find a 23 year old patient getting 3000 grafts to lower the hairline and fill in the temples from Bisanga.

Edited by jjalay

56 minutes ago, jjalay said:

You really cant compare de freitas or bisanga with hlc. Its like you are comparing real madrid or barcelona with fenerbahce.

Check out this cases from hlc in this forum:

Every elite doctor that is reccomended in this forum could have given a better result with almost half of the grafts that were used in these cases. And i dont think you will find a 23 year old patient getting 3000 grafts to lower the hairline and fill in the temples from Bisanga.

Surgeons are like clothes. When the fashion says that something is cool, people say is cool.

I saw great cases from unknown docs and many of you commented "not bad" at the best.

I saw poor cases from great docs and many of you saying "yeah, but ..." 

For example, bisanga is very skilled but I never get exited by his works. Couto is the best to frame faces but can't reach the level of density many people desire. 
It is a matter of taste.
HLC is 8 on everything (I will open a new thread on this): very goos hairline design, very good density, very good extractions.
I could find unsatistfied patients and bad cases from every top surgeon in the world.
HLC had something like 10.000 patients during the last 10 years and you can barely find 10 wrong cases that means 0,1%.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, FaganBecker said:

That's not the case with me. They did 50cm2 for the hairline and then for adding density to the frontal area, 20cm2. Though I suspect I will in the not too distant future need to have another transplant.

do you have a pic with the drawn HL before incisions?

10 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Surgeons are like clothes. When the fashion says that something is cool, people say is cool.
I saw great cases from unknown docs and many of you commented "not bad" at the best.
during the last two week, I saw that it is a new trend thrown shXx on HLC.

You suggest that HLC doesn't even play in the same league of Couto or Bisanga. Do I agree? NO!
bisanga is very skilled but I never get exited by his works that (IMHO) lack of an "artistic" side. Couto is an artist, I consider him the best to frame faces but can't reach the level of density many people desire. 
HLC is 8 on everything (I will open a new thread on this): very goos hairline design, very good density, very good extractions.

If you try to say that HLC showing some "poor" cases...you clearly are wrong.
You could find unsatistfied patients and bad cases from every top surgeon in the world.
HLC had something like 10.000 patients during the last 10 years and you can barely find 10 wrong cases that means 0,1%. Maybe  just like any other Top in the world.

6 hours ago, duchaine said:

For example, bisanga is very skilled but I never get exited by his works. Couto is the best to frame faces but can't reach the level of density many people desire. 
It is a matter of taste.
I could find unsatistfied patients and bad cases from every top surgeon in the world.
HLC had something like 10.000 patients during the last 10 years and you can barely find 10 wrong cases that means 0,1%.

Surgeons are like clothes? What is that supposed to mean? No, there are surgeons that are not like clothes, they see patients not customers and they consistently produce good work.

Couto cannot reach the level of density many people desire? Have you seen some of his results and where did you came up with this idea?

If you are not getting excited with the work that Bisanga is producing i am afraid nothing will excite you.

If a clinic has 1000 patients per year as you say my advice would be to stay away, this is focusing on quantity and not quality. There is a reason that most of the top surgeons in the world are only doing one patient per day and this is because they are giving 100% of the efforts and focus of their team to this patient in order to achieve the best results. With your skeptic Asli Tarcan is a great clinic too, they are doing 2000 patients every year , in this forum you will find 5 bad cases from them and another 5 bad cases in youtube, that is 0,05%, so they must be great...

Edited by jjalay

2 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Surgeons are like clothes? What is that supposed to mean? No, there are surgeons that are not like clothes, they see patients not customers and they consistently produce good work.

Couto cannot reach the level of density many people desire? Have you seen some of his results and where did you came up with this idea?

If you are not getting excited with the work that Bisanga is producing i am afraid nothing will excite you.

If a clinic has 1000 patients per year as you say my advice would be to stay away, this is focusing on quantity and not quality. There is a reason that most of the top surgeons in the world are only doing one patient per day and this is because they are giving 100% of the efforts and focus of their team to this patient in order to achieve the best results.

If you consider a surgeon like a rock style, sure they are. They are something on style, just like any other consumeristic product.
As I can see, a lot of you miss any objectivity.
You can see on this board cases of couto lacking density. I won't link the threads just because I do not want to offed the patients.

1000 patients/4 doctors/250 cases per year. That means a patient per day,
So, do your math.

• Face Palm 1

14 minutes ago, duchaine said:

If you consider a surgeon like a rock style, sure they are. They are something on style, just like any other consumeristic product.
As I can see, a lot of you miss any objectivity.
You can see on this board cases of couto lacking density. I won't link the threads just because I do not want to offed the patients.

1000 patients/4 doctors/250 cases per year. That means a patient per day,
So, do your math.

If you are thinking about getting a hairtransplant as a consumer buying a new rock style and not as a real patient seeking medical therapy i would strongly suggest to not do anything.

34 minutes ago, jjalay said:

If you are thinking about getting a hairtransplant as a consumer buying a new rock style and not as a real patient seeking medical therapy i would strongly suggest to not do anything.

OMG, my statement is so easy!
This is not how I see a doctor but how people look at doctors!

If someone is trendy, everything he does ...is considered great.
If not, nobody takes care oh him.

The average consumer is an idiot.

41 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

awesome - find one by Dr Zarev please.

If Zarev have none, this would be the case of the exception that confirms the rule.

How many cases of Zarev can you find on this or other forums?
We are talking about doctors that  have thousands of reports.

Now, if you love trolling, deal with it.

• Face Palm 1

4 minutes ago, duchaine said:
14 minutes ago, duchaine said:

OMG, my statement is so easy!
This is not how I see a doctor but how people look at doctors!

If someone is trendy, everything he does ...is considered great.
If not, nobody takes care oh him.

The average consumer is an idiot.

Well i am an average consumer and i dont think i am an idiot. `If someone is trendy, everything he does...is considered great´, how did you came up with this? This definitely doesnt apply in the hairtransplant industry. Again i think you are mixing a surgical procedure with other aspects of life.

And where did you find these thousand of reports of patients you have mentioned?

40 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

awesome - find one by Dr Zarev please.

20 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Considering the time that you spend here, I can't consider you an average consumer.
But, considering your statement, I feel free to consider you a mediocre thinker.

15 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Some of you are criticizing HLC for turning the guy on the left into the guy on the right.
From what I see, a surgeon is not the kind of doctor that you really need.

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-30 at 18.50.18.jpeg

Does this group of people that you are talking about also includes you?direct quote from you:

I could subscribe your review and make it mine.
They didn't "damage" me but, considering the number of grafts they used, the result is a little bit disappointing.
at 6 months I looked great but I looked great because I spent the whole "pandemic" period taking care of my hair, so the density and. the thickness improved all over my scalp.

I think that with your state of mind and the way you are thinking you should not get involved with hairtransplants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duchaine said:

Considering the time that you spend here, I can't consider you an average consumer.
But, considering your statement, I feel free to consider you a mediocre thinker.

If i am a mediocre thinker then enlight me with your wisdom please, which are these trendy doctors nowadays according to your opinion? Because i have never heard such a thing as a trendy doctor...

Enlight me with these comments that you also made:

"I saw Couto's works, De Freitas's works etc in great details.
At the end of the story, you pay more at HLC..."

"You suggest that HLC doesn't even play in the same league of Couto or Bisanga. Do I agree? NO!"

I hope that you understand that this doesnt make any sense at all.

Edited by jjalay

12 hours ago, jjalay said:

Does this group of people that you are talking about also includes you?direct quote from you:

I could subscribe your review and make it mine.
They didn't "damage" me but, considering the number of grafts they used, the result is a little bit disappointing.
at 6 months I looked great but I looked great because I spent the whole "pandemic" period taking care of my hair, so the density and. the thickness improved all over my scalp.

I think that with your state of mind and the way you are thinking you should not get involved with hairtransplants.

I see that "mediocre thinker" was a compliment to you. You are completely unable to make syntactic connection.

I commented his pics before he showed the END RESULT and if I was the guy I was a LITTLE DISAPPOINTED at 6 months considering THE NUMBER OF GRAFTS they used.
When He posted the END RESULT, with no deceptive pictures, I can see that is a very good.
If someone  want to use this case to throw shxx on HLC is stupid, in bath faith or both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jjalay said:

If i am a mediocre thinker then enlight me with your wisdom please, which are these trendy doctors nowadays according to your opinion? Because i have never heard such a thing as a trendy doctor...

Enlight me with these comments that you also made:

"I saw Couto's works, De Freitas's works etc in great details.
At the end of the story, you pay more at HLC..."

"You suggest that HLC doesn't even play in the same league of Couto or Bisanga. Do I agree? NO!"

I hope that you understand that this doesnt make any sense at all.

I would love we were talking on Facebook, So I could block you and stop wasting my time.

Do I think that HLC uses too much grafts? YES
I do think that Couto or De Freitas or Bisanga are better than HLC? YES
Do I think they are a different league? NO

Because you showed not to understand the easiest concepts, I try to explain you with an example.
Do I think that Napoli waste too many goals? YES
Do I Think that Real better than Napoli? Yes
Are Real Madrid and Napoli in different league? NO

• Haha 1

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

It looks like this thread has morphed into another discussion. I would appreciate you creating a new thread to discuss this or perhaps sending a private message. This thread isn't the place. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.