Boots Fin and Minox….DENIED!

balody

Hi everyone,

Thought I would give the drugs a go again(after 15 yrs) as hair is going,crown getting bigger.

Had 3 HT early 2000,now 53.

After coming back from holiday and seeing some unflattering photos from behind and side plus being absolutely bombarded with hair loss treatments on FB and Insta,I’ve decided to dive in again.

Long story short,did online consult with boots and they have declined me as I am too old for Minoxidil.

Is this right?
Thanks in advance.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Yes, and no.

If I remember right, minox was trialed using patients in a specific age range and it was approved on that basis.

The fact you're marginally outside that range is not likely to make any difference to efficacy, but technically there isn't enough evidence to support that so that a doctor will prescribe it.

Id bet that an online pharmacy like Dr Fox wouldn't have the same reservations.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Are boots like Hims in the UK? You could get a prescription from a doctor that actually knows about hair loss. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Are boots like Hims in the UK? You could get a prescription from a doctor that actually knows about hair loss. 

Boot are a chain of stores in the UK. They sell a range of products from sandwiches to suntan lotion to nappies and toothpaste. They are also a general purpose pharmacy.

At best they're generalists, and certainly not where I'd go to get prescribed hairloss medication.

As I understand it, the FDA approved minox lotion up to 65 years old and foam to 49. Most pharmacists will do the math and figure either can be prescribed at least to 65.

• Administrators

Get a prescription from Dr. Farjo, let me tag @Mick from Farjo

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, balody said:

Hi everyone,

Thought I would give the drugs a go again(after 15 yrs) as hair is going,crown getting bigger.

Had 3 HT early 2000,now 53.

After coming back from holiday and seeing some unflattering photos from behind and side plus being absolutely bombarded with hair loss treatments on FB and Insta,I’ve decided to dive in again.

Long story short,did online consult with boots and they have declined me as I am too old for Minoxidil.

Is this right?
Thanks in advance.

Mate I’m in the UK as well and dont bother with Boots. Don’t bother with HIMS either, they’re a subscription service and customer service is just awful. So avoid them. As one other has said, you can get it from Amazon. If you are considering Minox maybe consider the oral version. Topical you have to apply twice and can be a ‘ball ache’. You can try a 2.5mg dosage to begin with and build up after a month or so (just another alternative option but obviously check with you doc and the providers). 

• Like 1

Hi, you can still regrow your hair through medicines. If medicine bothers you due to side effects or any other reason then go for PRP or Mesotherapy. See below results of one session of Mesotherapy in a 65 years gentleman at our clinic.  

Day 50- July 22 -2023.jpg

Day 0- 02 June 2023.jpg

• Like 1

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

20 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Get a prescription from Dr. Farjo, let me tag @Mick from Farjo

Too late,I’ve ordered 6 months of Propecia which they allowed,was just wondering is minox a health risk to the over 50s?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.