FUT with Dr. Blake Bloxham | 2,537 Grafts | July 2023

11 hours ago, JoeD said:

I’m going back to him for 2nd. 

19 hours ago, cloudyhaze said:

Oh got it thanks for that info. Im curious how some other people got pencil thin scars from Bloxham. Do you think this is due to actions of my own that resulted in stretching it out? And are you going back with Bloxham? or a different surgeon for the second FUT?

Not sure re the factors contributing to your scar.  I’m certainly no expert, so not sure how much yours will get smaller/contract as it matures versus not. I’d say I am pencil thin to slightly more on one side. Havent exactly seen the back, but covered well with hair at 3 guard. on the other side, there is several inches where I’d say 3 mm perhaps very slightly more, but haven’t held up a ruler to it. Still covered with a three guard nonetheless, slight layering effect of the hair on that side when it’s freshly cut, but don’t think anyone notices that but me. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is it common to experience dandruff like this? At times, it seems to shed on its own, while on other occasions, scratching my head results in the release of such flakes.

Additionally, I've observed that certain hairs appear to be adhered to my scalp until I scratch, causing the dandruff to come loose. Never had this issue years ago when I used to have hair at this length, so wondering if it has to do with the transplant.

Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 11.23.49 AM.png

On 1/2/2024 at 11:26 AM, cloudyhaze said:

Is it common to experience dandruff like this? At times, it seems to shed on its own, while on other occasions, scratching my head results in the release of such flakes.

Additionally, I've observed that certain hairs appear to be adhered to my scalp until I scratch, causing the dandruff to come loose. Never had this issue years ago when I used to have hair at this length, so wondering if it has to do with the transplant.

I had several like that months down the line on the scar and a few areas in recipient where initially had heavier scabbing. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2024 at 8:13 PM, JoeD said:

I had several like that months down the line on the scar and a few areas in recipient where initially had heavier scabbing. 

On 1/2/2024 at 11:26 AM, cloudyhaze said:

This just happened to me, I'm a few months behind you so I believe it's likely normal. How's things going?

4 hours ago, M32111 said:

This just happened to me, I'm a few months behind you so I believe it's likely normal. How's things going?

On 2/23/2024 at 6:47 PM, chrisu said:

Hey OP any updates? How would you rate your overall satisfaction with results

Just had my halfway checkup this past week (although it's been officially a bit over 7 months). Dr. Bloxham thought I was here for my 1 year based on the results. He said that the mid-scalp section was still waking up and that overall the transplants were still maturing and will become thicker.

I feel like the biggest change was between months 3 and 4 and haven't really seen much more change visually after, as the changes might be more subtle at this point.

Overall Im pretty happy as I didn't think I would be able to do a good haircut knowing that I still had to fill in my crown.
I originally thought I would still need to do a buzzcut because of the exposed crown but then the FUT scar would be exposed. 

I am waiting for the 1 year mark and then decide if I want to go through with a second transplant or not. I'm pretty satisfied that I'm not really stressing about how I appear on video calls at work or going outside without a hat. That feeling alone was worth the cost for me, even if it might not be in the hall of fame of transplant results.

I'll add some progress pics later tonight or tomorrow so you guys can see what he saw.

Edited by cloudyhaze
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cloudyhaze said:

Just had my halfway checkup this past week (although it's been officially a bit over 7 months). Dr. Bloxham thought I was here for my 1 year based on the results. He said that the mid-scalp section was still waking up and that overall the transplants were still maturing and will become thicker.

I feel like the biggest change was between months 3 and 4 and haven't really seen much more change visually after, as the changes might be more subtle at this point.

Overall Im pretty happy as I didn't think I would be able to do a good haircut knowing that I still had to fill in my crown.
I originally thought I would still need to do a buzzcut because of the exposed crown but then the FUT scar would be exposed. 

I am waiting for the 1 year mark and then decide if I want to go through with a second transplant or not. I'm pretty satisfied that I'm not really stressing about how I appear on video calls at work or going outside without a hat. That feeling alone was worth the cost for me, even if it might not be in the hall of fame of transplant results.

I'll add some progress pics later tonight or tomorrow so you guys can see what he saw.

Did you make an appointment to get your halfway checkup or did you just walk in? I am just a little over 8 months.

1 minute ago, Imez99 said:

Did you make an appointment to get your halfway checkup or did you just walk in? I am just a little over 8 months.

Make an appointment. If you are okay with the progress I would probably just wait for the 1 year mark for you unless you have alot of questions for him. I personally didn't really feel the need to go in, but was just curious what he would say about the current status of my hair.

Edited by cloudyhaze

3 hours ago, Imez99 said:

Can also just email him with pictures and questions/concerns. I’ve always found him to be very responsive. 

• 2 weeks later...

That is a great improvement, particularly for only seven months. Lots of maturing still to be had. How is the scar doing? What length on the buzzer is it hidden at? 

• Moderators

As @JoeD asked, I am also curious to see what the scar looks like at this point. Thanks

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, cloudyhaze said:

Sorry for the delay. Here are pics sent to me from Dr. Bloxham last week.

image.png.f7f4fa51d5d032da8b03e7a53f52bdba.png

image.png.16e1f4240b259c78a9292812e265d9fd.png

Hey man, this is an amazing result. It has really framed your face again 😎

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey op do you have a video of your results? Congrats on your improvement. Can you let us know how many techs worked in you and also give an update for your crown?