Have you seen any cases like this?

Im interested in looking at patients who intentionally overharvested their donor to the top and replaced it with body hair. Have you seen any cases like this that you can link or show pictures of? It might be a strategy that i would opt for in the future.

Edited by lunch_owl

• Moderators

I think @mustang case is the best one on here as far as the amount of work done and the detail he's posted about it.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

16 hours ago, lunch_owl said:

Im interested in looking at patients who intentionally overharvested their donor to the top and replaced it with body hair. Have you seen any cases like this that you can link or show pictures of? It might be a strategy that i would opt for in the future.

Overharvesting and homogenous depletion are entirely different things.

You want to do the second if this is your approach.

Fit Farming is not the same as donor restocking, fit farming is done in one step. They take out a graft from your donor, take a graft from your body, implant the scalp graft on your recipient and implant the body graft where they extracted the scalp graft. It's an expensive and slow procedure but essentially you can replace everything you take out with body grafts.

Donor restocking is adding BHT grafts to your donor after it has healed or been overharvested or depleted from HT

• Like 2

On 7/16/2023 at 2:32 PM, mustang said:

Overharvesting and homogenous depletion are entirely different things.

You want to do the second if this is your approach.

Fit Farming is not the same as donor restocking, fit farming is done in one step. They take out a graft from your donor, take a graft from your body, implant the scalp graft on your recipient and implant the body graft where they extracted the scalp graft. It's an expensive and slow procedure but essentially you can replace everything you take out with body grafts.

Donor restocking is adding BHT grafts to your donor after it has healed or been overharvested or depleted from HT

Yes, that was what i meant. Was everything worth it for you in the end?

• Administrators

I spoke to @Dr. Felipe Pittella about this, and done right, it might be an option. But you will have to accept having a moth eaten donor for some time, while you restock it with BH. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.