Cancun Hair Restoration is a Disgraceful SCAM

RB12

Unfortunately I was a victim to this piece of sh*t. I had a hair transplant done July 3. He completely ignored one’s side of my head, they didn’t give me morphine during scalp injections on purpose then were laughing during the procedure. I had to call them out on it, but it was too late. I knew during the entire 6 hour procedure I was being mistreated and hoping for not too bad of transplants. This was horrible. I paid $5,000 for the ARTAS which they only used to extract not to insert, all the implants were done by hand, mostly by the medical techs, not the DR. They purposefully mistreat their patients, this is not incompetency. I started a dispute with my bank to recover the $5200 which I may or may not get back, but that will only be used for another painful surgery! I won’t get back the additional $2000 I incurred in travel expenses, but it’s especially pain and suffering I can’t get replaced knowing this dirtbag is mutilating people’s scalps like mine and others without consequence. 

Supposedly 1500 grafts 

IMG_9016.jpeg

IMG_8993.jpeg

IMG_9054.jpeg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed racial accusations
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 4

Unfortunately I was a victim to this piece of sh*t. I had a hair transplant done July 3. He completely ignored one’s side of my head, they didn’t give me morphine during scalp injections on purpose then were laughing during the procedure. I had to call them out on it, but it was too late. I knew during the entire 6 hour procedure I was being mistreated and hoping for not too bad of transplants. This was horrible. I paid $5,000 for the ARTAS which they only used to extract not to insert, all the implants were done by hand, mostly by the medical techs, not the DR. They purposefully mistreat their patients, this is not incompetency. I started a dispute with my bank to recover the $5200 which I may or may nkt get back, but that will be used for another painful surgery. I won’t get back the  $2000 I incurred in travel expenses, but especially  pain and suffering I can’t get back knowing this dirtbag is mutilating people’s scalps like mine and others without consequence. 

Supposedly 1500 grafts 

• Sad 1

Sorry that you was duped, this is really poor as you’re already aware. With a Norwood 7 pattern and such extensive loss it would have taken multiple hts/BHT and great skill to get a acceptable result. What’s happened here is poor planning, a graft count which is way too low even if it was the 1500 they claimed. 
It’s possible that a lot of decent/ethical clinics would have classed you’re case as unsuitable for a transplant. 
I have seen nothing but poor work/results from this particular clinic. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I understand you’re frustrated, but why bring race into this? Firstly, Americans can come in different colors other than white. Secondly, anyone of any race can get scammed. @Sanjar41 was scammed in the US, should he say it was because he wasn’t white? No, that’s ridiculous. Let’s focus on the facts and refrain bringing race into issues that have no relation. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

How are you so sure it wasn’t racially motivated? Did you sit the same room with them for over 6 hours and hear what I heard and saw what I saw?  Do you know any of them personally? You don’t know what we talked about either. Race was absolutely a factor in this. Please refrain from voicing opinions with no facts whatsoever to substantiate your opinion. Yes doctors and clinics all over the world can be racist and mistreat patients because of that, I’m not disagreeing with that, but don’t be so naive either. This clinic is one of them. 

Edited by RB12
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The reason clinics like this are able to continue to be in business is because there are people who do no research at all, have no idea how many grafts they would need, have no clue as to what a natural hairline should even look like, never discuss any of this with a Dr, and sign up to get it done simply because they are offering to do it cheap. People need to start realizing that this is surgery that alters your appearance for life.

• Like 3

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

From looking at your pictures it looks like you are a NW 6 maybe even NW 7. You would need probably at least 8000 grafts to get a decent result and possibly up to 12000 grafts which you most likely aren't able to get from your donor. It would take at least 2 sessions to get this done and possibly 3 sessions. Did you discuss ahead of time how many grafts they were going to do? Even the best Drs wouldn't be able to give you full coverage in one session.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I am not sure what exactly @RB12 said  to have his post edited, however if he/she believed his bad experience had to do with the racism based on some specific things he/she heard firsthand, then why should anyone challenge or censor this, especially when we weren’t there. Let the other party come and respond if they want to. 

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

12 hours ago, RB12 said:

How are you so sure it wasn’t racially motivated? Did you sit the same room with them for over 6 hours and hear what I heard and saw what I saw?  Do you know any of them personally? You don’t know what we talked about either. Race was absolutely a factor in this. Please refrain from voicing opinions with no facts whatsoever to substantiate your opinion. Yes doctors and clinics all over the world can be racist and mistreat patients because of that, I’m not disagreeing with that, but don’t be so naive either. This clinic is one of them. 

That is horrendous work. What exactly did the staff say that was racist? They could just be unethical assholes & anyone any color could have received the same treatment

what done is done

its obviously a very poor clinic which  made several mistakes in the first place

1. you have very very extended lose so you were not a suited candidate in the first place. 

2. 1500 grafts is way too low, you would need 10.000 grafts for an acceptable coverage

3. use of artas

considering the low amount of grafts and the fact that you arr „stitched“ now you will most likely end up looking worse then before the procedure, at least if you stop now

if i was you id consult with dr.pittella in brazil or eugenix in india. another option would be dr. umar (usa). you are looking  at costs between at least 30.000 and 50.000 eur here and they can only help you if you have a good beard

as an alternative id also research about good smp artist, i think @hairthere is located in the usa

you could also consider to mix smp with hairtransplant(s) if you are willing to do a buzzcut, dr. umar has some cases like that

Edited by mr_peanutbutter
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Spring15 said:

That is horrendous work. What exactly did the staff say that was racist? They could just be unethical assholes & anyone any color could have received the same treatment

One does not have to verbalize racism in order to be racist, just like a restaurant refusing service without uttering a single word or a doctor clinic like this mistreating patients without calling me XYZ. I’m not going to go into details on a public forum but he was not a fan of my previous employer and line of work.  However, here’s another first hand account on Reddit from a previous patient of this clinic see photo attached as proof. Anyone can go and see the entire review for themselves on Reddit. Racism is an inherent risk to any foreigner going to another country for medical procedures. Keep that in mind everyone, just like risk of infections or poor medical care. Consider yourselves warned before this gets deleted. 

Called the doctor yesterday. I had time to ask one question before a literal 5 minute tirade of him berating me for being a lazy American trying to get free medical service, how he had never made a mistake and doesn't understand my issue. Was overall downright hostile. I was very glad I decided to do the discussion over phone rather than in person, given the cartel influence in the vicinity.”

IMG_9091.png

Edited by RB12

8 hours ago, YodaHead said:

I am not sure what exactly @RB12 said  to have his post edited, however if he/she believed his bad experience had to do with the racism based on some specific things he/she heard firsthand, then why should anyone challenge or censor this, especially when we weren’t there. Let the other party come and respond if they want to. 

I agree and makes you wonder why! racism is an inherent risk to foreigners traveling abroad just like any other risk, experiences should be shared as to help others. This might not be the best place to share experiences and help others, seems like the mods are too uncomfortable with Mexican surgeons being called racist for some reason. Interesting to see how quick he/ they were to censor my comments. Nice to know how forums members are treated here. Hope I was able to help someone. Goodbye 

Edited by RB12

• Administrators
8 hours ago, YodaHead said:

He just responded and didn’t provide any details, this forum has nothing to do with race. Scams happen all the time to people of all races. Are we to believe an African American wouldn’t be scammed at that same place? Just because he or she isn’t white. Of course not, scammers prey on vulnerable people with money, and that could be anyone. 

@RB12

There are plenty of places to stroke racial tensions and discuss conspiracy theories, but this isn’t one of them. I’ve traveled all around the world, to places where people we’re different races and ethnicities than my own. I’ve encountered wonderful people and scammers. Scamming isn’t inherent to any particular ethnicity or race. To claim that anyone of a different ethnicity are out to scam is incredibly ignorant and racist in itself. I suggest you stick to the issue at hand, as I said, anyone can be conned and often times by the same race. 

This will be my last reply on this subject, let’s keep the topic relevant to what occurred.

Onwards and upwards,

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Scams happen all the time to people of all races. Are we to believe an African American wouldn’t be scammed at that same place? Just because he or she isn’t white. Of course not…

I do not disagree. Happy to move on to the topic at hand, however, I hope that people are not being discouraged from sharing on this forum if a particular surgeon/staff did infact make racist comments, so that others can decide for themselves whether to go there. A person can be a scammer AND a racist—it’s not mutually exclusive. 

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

There are two issues in this thread. One related to racism, let's forget it and we should focus on the good or bad quality of the work. As one member wrote above, your donor area was not enough and you also need beard / body hair to head. 1500 grafts are not enough for this baldness. Grafts placement is mostly performed all over the world by the technicians under the supervision of a surgeon / doctor. However, there are some clinics where the surgeon himself also places some grafts. Time is a great healer. You will come out from this trauma and look forward to future repair.   

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

Disgraceful work. At least it's only 1,500 grafts - you'd be in a much worse position if they'd pulled more. You should now do research for a few months and select a top-tier repair surgeon.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BeHappy said:

The reason clinics like this are able to continue to be in business is because there are people who do no research at all, have no idea how many grafts they would need, have no clue as to what a natural hairline should even look like, never discuss any of this with a Dr, and sign up to get it done simply because they are offering to do it cheap. People need to start realizing that this is surgery that alters your appearance for life.

I like your style - You should be a diplomat👍

2 hours ago, Z-- said:

Disgraceful work. At least it's only 1,500 grafts - you'd be in a much worse position if they'd pulled more. You should now do research for a few months and select a top-tier repair surgeon.

Best of luck.

On 7/15/2023 at 1:20 PM, BeHappy said:

Those  are SOME reasons but not all, and certainly none of them applies to my situation. One can do their research before hand and  be lied to and mistreated regardless. I did my research, and this was not my first hair transplant. I had reasonable expectations but was still  taken advantage-of. Now, hindsight is always 20/20 so looking back I guess I could’ve researched more throughly sure, but who can’t say that about anything that didn’t go according to plan? Not everyone that gets scammed was foolish and didn’t do thier homework. I did mine but it still can happen.  It’s not always the victims fault. 

Edited by RB12

On 7/16/2023 at 4:46 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

as an alternative id also research about good smp artist, i think @hairthere is located in the usa

On 7/16/2023 at 4:46 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

Thanks for the mention. I'm actually going to be working on a very similar client today.

Obviously this "clinic/doctor" is a scammer and should not be doing hair transplants, but the consumer really needs to spend more time researching and understanding what they're getting themselves into when they start down this path. 

OP: Sorry to say but it's doubtful you'll recoup anything from this. The best you can do is chalk it up to a lesson learned and be thankful your donor wasn't butchered. You can do SMP around those grafts but I'd recommend looking into removal either via surgery or laser. If you want to schedule a consultation reach out to me via email info@aheadink.com or text/call 201-482-4529. 

Edited by hairthere
  • Like 1

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I think this is most likely contempt for the patient rather than racism.

Who does their research and concludes 1500 FU's on high Norwood in the party capital of a third world country will yield favourable results (they do make a mean Mojito tho)?

As for the victim mentality, I'm minded of the famous quote:

A strong, successful man is not the victim of his environment. He creates favorable conditions. His own inherent force and energy compel things to turn out as he desires.

Orison Swett Marden

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 11:13 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I understand you’re frustrated, but why bring race into this? Firstly, Americans can come in different colors other than white. Secondly, anyone of any race can get scammed. @Sanjar41 was scammed in the US, should he say it was because he wasn’t white? No, that’s ridiculous. Let’s focus on the facts and refrain bringing race into issues that have no relation. 

Thank you for remembering me! Hope you're doing well and I wish this forum had a pinned topic exclusively to expose scammers/butchers to reduce the number of victims and of course kick those scammers out of the market.

• Like 1