How many grafts would I need ?

Thinking of opting a FUE. I am already on finasteride for 7-8 months. Hair loss is stable. maybe little gain. I am not sure though

I am going for an aggressive hairline. I always had a wide forehead and hair loss even made it worse. 

image.thumb.png.f756e386307520419dd4d94643114432.pngimage.png.0e709227f64c370c0503fbd71b8efdc7.png

Hi @spidey_DUDE it would be better to evaluate if you can share your  photos from multiple Angels. From the frontal angle, I would say 1800-2200 grafts would give you good Coverage. 

@spidey_DUDE,

Have you consulted with any surgeons yet? Some additional information might also be helpful such as your age, Family history of hair loss, how long even losing your hair, etc. Some additional photos might be helpful as well such as pictures showing your donor area, the top of your head and your crown.

It sounds like you want to re-create aggressive hairline which may be possible depending on your specifics. If you are interested in an information session with Dr. Rahal, send me a private message and I can go ahead and set that up for you.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

18 minutes ago, Shadman said:

Hi @spidey_DUDE it would be better to evaluate if you can share your  photos from multiple Angels. From the frontal angle, I would say 1800-2200 grafts would give you good Coverage. 

Just want to fix the hairline. Pic qualities are not good. I dont have anyone to take pics at the moment. Just want to lower the hairline and fix the corner areas. Looking for aggressive hairline like slightly above the curled area.

Do you think 1800-2200 can suffice?

I am making budget for 2500. I have very very tight budget

1 minute ago, spidey_DUDE said:

Just want to fix the hairline. Pic qualities are not good. I dont have anyone to take pics at the moment. Just want to lower the hairline and fix the corner areas. Looking for aggressive hairline like slightly above the curled area.

Do you think 1800-2200 can suffice?

I am making budget for 2500. I have very very tight budget

Yes, I think it would be enough. You mentioned Eugenix in your thread. If you're considering Eugenix for your hair transplant you can send your photos in Eugenix WhatsApp. They'll evaluate your photos and provide you all the details

7 minutes ago, Shadman said:

Yes, I think it would be enough. You mentioned Eugenix in your thread. If you're considering Eugenix for your hair transplant you can send your photos in Eugenix WhatsApp. They'll evaluate your photos and provide you all the details

Eugenix quoted 2300 around for aggressive HAIRLINE. 

If it's needed more than I am doomed as I have very tight budget

2 hours ago, spidey_DUDE said:

Eugenix quoted 2300 around for aggressive HAIRLINE. 

If it's needed more than I am doomed as I have very tight budget

No, don't think in that way. if you're financially okay with 2300-2400 grafts you can plan your procedure accordingly with the Doctor. At first, Dr. will perform slits making so after completing the slits you can ask the Dr. Or you can customize even in the procedure. 2300 grafts would be more than enough in your case. 

Honestly, I don't think going aggressive here would be a good idea. You look like you have some thinning throughout your scalp. It could just be the lighting or other conditions. But the way your hair is growing together it may get worse over time.

Because we have a finite number of grafts I think you shouldn't aim to lower it because you will always be playing a game of catch up. Each time you try to catch up you lower your options every follicular unit is extracted. Just remember taking medication only slows the progression of hair loss and it does not stop it. 

However, to answer your question. If I was in your position I would only go for 1200 -1600 max for that level of loss.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, spidey_DUDE said:

I would say Don't go for an aggressive hairline ..better be conservative as you are just 28 and you may loose ground in future and you will need more surgeries so you have to preserve more grafts for future...your head size seems to be bigger and you have concave shape head so your crown area is broad and you will need too many grafts if you loose more ground...you are already on medication which is good but still hairloss may progress at a slower pace..this is an unpredictable thing and can hit you anytime...actually even from this low quality pics it seems that you are already thinning on mid scalp as well as crown (though pics can be deceptive) ....so make a plan which is future proof unless you dont care for your crown....

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

3 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

I would say Don't go for an aggressive hairline ..better be conservative as your are just 28 and you may loose ground in future and you will need more surgeries so you have to preserve more grafts for future...your head size seems to be bigger and you have concave shape head so your crown are is broad and you will need too many grafts if you loose more ground...you are already on medication which is good but still hairloss may progress at a slower pace..this is an unpredictable thing and can hit you anytime...actually even from this low quality pics it seems that you are already thinning on mid scalp as well as crown (though pics can be deceptive) ....so make a plan which is future proof unless you dont care for your crown....

yes, my head is not small. Maybe slightly bigger. In that case, my donor would be more too. Ain't it? I need to look the best. So, considering the best. I am a diffused thinner. Hair loss has slowed down significantly. I will also add Minoxidil and dermarolling after HT

But honestly how many grafts needed to cover that drawn coverage? 2400 would be enough for aggressive hairline ?

• Valued Contributor
53 minutes ago, spidey_DUDE said:

But honestly how many grafts needed to cover that drawn coverage? 2400 would be enough for aggressive hairline ?

Yeh

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

I think "Vann" makes some good points.  Don't go too crazy at your age.  28 is quite young.  My recession stabilized in my early to mid-30s.  Got my transplant at age 50.  I've never taken meds for hair retention.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 7/16/2023 at 2:48 AM, JohnCasper said:

I think "Vann" makes some good points.  Don't go too crazy at your age.  28 is quite young.  My recession stabilized in my early to mid-30s.  Got my transplant at age 50.  I've never taken meds for hair retention.

No offense, why on earth did you need a transplant at 50 unless you are an Actor?

Besides, why should I compromise my present life for the future when it's uncertain?

16 hours ago, spidey_DUDE said:

No offense, why on earth did you need a transplant at 50 unless you are an Actor?

Besides, why should I compromise my present life for the future when it's uncertain?

I only mentioned 28 being young because you will definitely experience more hair loss.  Adding hair now is fine but you will likely lose current hair later.  Good surgeons will take that into consideration when they do the surgery.  Why would I have a transplant at 50?  I put it off a few years because I didn't want to do it while I was working.  I didn't want to have to explain to anyone what was going on, etc.  I just wasn't in any hurry.  I retired at 50 and it was a nice gift at the time!  Six months after the surgery friends were telling me I looked 10 years younger.   Good luck with your transplant!

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.