I have very little knowledge when it comes to laser caps.. The one that was recommended to me by my doctor was lasercap - but it's quite expensive. The lowest price is 1,200 with 80 Laser diodes but the ones that were recommeded were the ones with 224 Or 304.

I just wanted to know if one is going to invest in a laser cap is the one that truly has results. There are quite a few other ones that aren't as expensive. But I'm curious if they are as effective. 

Going by amazon reviews I don't think or know if that is always the best.

Thank you. 

James O

It could be helpful,  but it’s listed as quite low on what is most effective to prevent hairloss.. 

I tried  the capillus for $850, did it for 6 months, I couldn’t tell if it worked or not. So I returned it.. I also bought some natural supplement pills along with it. Since they recommended it as a package.. 

what pissed me off was,,

I could have been on medication during those 6 months, instead of trying this thingy. I continued to lose hair, wasn’t making any noticeable gains.. but in my head I thought, hey this is better than nothing, because I wasn’t doing nothing before.. so a laser cap and some natural supplements should be beneficial.  Never again for me .. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

They have minimal effect ...the most effective thing is medication (minoxidil and finasteride) and you can use ketoconazol shampoo and for extras you can try various things like prp and mesotherapy and some regen therapy and can use biotin supplement and some supplements like vitamin D if you have deficiency of it....and still if you have enough money and its fine even if it positively effects jst minimally thn you can buy that...

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

Laser caps make a marginal difference, they do help transplanted hair grow quicker. The problem is that the caps that have real lasers are expensive, like (lasercap). The upside is that it’s a one-time buy, as opposed to something like PRP. The name brand lasercap has a lifetime warranty, so even if it breaks you can replace it free. I would put it in the same category as PRP, microneedling. The meat and potatoes is fin/dut+min.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

i want to say thank you for all the responses. For some reason i didn't see them until now. I agree with the laser caps. It is very expensive especially after paying for the hair transplant. But it is a one time buy so it's hard to argue about the investment. I actually have an I-restore one from some time ago. But that is on the low end of laser caps.  Thanks for the comment about vitamins vs using something like topical finasteride / minoxidil. I've been spending ridiculous amounts of time looking through article after article about which vitamin is best. By the time i've completed my "research" i find myself with a ridiculous list of 7 different vitamins. So i just started topical finasteride / minoxidil. But now i see that people are now using topical dutasteride instead. 

Thanks for the recommendation of ketoconazol shampoo. That was another thing i was confused about.  I was actually debating if it's worth spending the money on something like Grow Md which seemed suspect. I actually had no knowledge about mesotherapy and regen therapy. 

To be honest i almost find the post fue little things more mentally confusing than the actual surgery. 

For me, I would rather invest in something that has a long history of proven effectiveness.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY