Price Increase of Avodart

jim1973

I have been taking name brand Avodart (Dutasteride) for the last 10 months but given the recent price increase of Avodart (brand name of Dutasteride), I will need to find an alternative option.  Would you recommend simply going to generic Dutasteride?  Going to brand name Propecia?  Or starting a topical application of either DUT or FIN?  

• Administrators
2 hours ago, jim1973 said:

I have been taking name brand Avodart (Dutasteride) for the last 10 months but given the recent price increase of Avodart (brand name of Dutasteride), I will need to find an alternative option.  Would you recommend simply going to generic Dutasteride?  Going to brand name Propecia?  Or starting a topical application of either DUT or FIN?  

Isn't there a generic version of dutasteride? Avodart is the brand name.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks like this is impacting mostly America and partially Canada?

I'm in Australia and purchased Avodart today and the price had not changed, $79 AUD for 90 tablets.

I'd much rather take branded Avodart than a generic but if the prices I'm hearing for America were true and that occurred here I'd have no choice but to switch to the generic and pray the medication was still as effective.

Edited by Viney

11 minutes ago, Viney said:

Looks like this is impacting mostly America and partially Canada?

I'm in Australia and purchased Avodart today and the price had not changed, $79 AUD for 90 tablets.

I'd much rather take branded Avodart than a generic but if the prices I'm hearing for America were true and that occurred here I'd have no choice but to switch to the generic and pray the medication was still as effective.

Uk price has stayed the same also

On 6/29/2023 at 1:47 PM, jim1973 said:

@mustang I'm curious as to where you purchase your topical product from and what amount you apply every 10 days.  (This is a very long thread and can't seem to find where you stated your regime).  I'm interested in starting topicals but just now researching and not sure how much and how often.  Thanks in advance.  

19 hours ago, thetdog666 said:

Where are you located? 

US

• Administrators
On 6/29/2023 at 10:34 PM, jim1973 said:

@Melvin- ModeratorYes there is generic Dutasteride as an option but so many people state generic meds don't work as well.  Was wondering what others thought about this subject.

It depends on the generic. Generics in the US are safe, they go through the same stringent testing as the brand name.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.