Hi all I went to hospital today I've had to quit both dut and min due to finding a lipoma lump top of my chest that's developing into 1 side of my pec bulging out plus I have high heart rate from min . Genuinely Gutted . I've literally gotta watch my hair dissapear now , I've already shaved my head and out of good gesture the chemist has refunded me the rest of the bulk dut I brought. I've got no more fight in me. All the Best Boys ✊🏻

• Sad 3

@BRITA-XL thankyou mate. yea i really am Gutted but i felt like I couldent breath aswell lately so went to the hospital early hours this morning this lump is near my heart to. all I can maybe do is let the Hairloss go to wherever it's going to end up then do 2 fut's but I'm just going to concentrate on bettering my life in other ways now

• Administrators

I’m sorry to hear that, doing nothing is never a bad option.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, BillyHopkins88 said:

@BRITA-XL thankyou mate. yea i really am Gutted but i felt like I couldent breath aswell lately so went to the hospital early hours this morning this lump is near my heart to. all I can maybe do is let the Hairloss go to wherever it's going to end up then do 2 fut's but I'm just going to concentrate on bettering my life in other ways now

Yeah concentrate on what’s the most Important, and that’s keeping as well as you possibly can. Are they looking at removing the lump? 

Just now, BillyHopkins88 said:

@BRITA-XL because it's not dangerous they won't remove it the doctor said lipoma lumps sometimes go away on there own but more often then not people have to pay privately to get it removed

Yeah I work as a Nurse and this is exactly what happens, people usually choose to have it removed, it generally won’t come back. And they do seem to usually stay as they are and not get worse/or go away. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Lipomas are easily removed at a dermatologist office. My sister had one on her neck. If they remove the entire sack, it won’t grow back. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@BRITA-XL oh ok , I'm not sure if this is because of dut aswell but the top of my rib cage has been really pretruding lately aswell The bones are really sticking out I'm not sure if that's because of dut. My neck muscles were aching aswell and I was having some weird sensations in 1 hand to

Just now, BillyHopkins88 said:

@BRITA-XL oh ok , I'm not sure if this is because of dut aswell but the top of my rib cage has been really pretruding lately aswell The bones are really sticking out I'm not sure if that's because of dut. My neck muscles were aching aswell and I was having some weird sensations in 1 hand to

Absolutely not worth any risk, if you continue to notice changes in you’re body then please keep up the hospital/Dr checks 🙏

• Thanks 2

• Administrators

I don’t think there’s any correlation between hair loss medication and lipomas. 

View my thread

@Melvin- Moderator I was thinking that aswell melv but the doctor said please get off any medication that will contribute towards the lump and I hear about gyno alot I really don't want to take any risks after seeing 1 side of my chest balloon up i was having other nerve problems towards the end aswell as high heart rate . pharmicist also said he won't be prescribing me fin or dut anymore now he noes I have a lipo lump on 1 side of my pec 

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t think there’s any correlation between hair loss medication and lipomas. 

Im taking oral minox no issues but it can cause a build up of fluid around the heart on very rare occasions.

We can say for sure but could minox and dut combined contributed its probably quite likely and patient has very high heartrate too.

To discount this as a possible cause after doctors advised strongly to stop medication i dont think is being objective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BillyHopkins88 said:

@Melvin- Moderator I was thinking that aswell melv but the doctor said please get off any medication that will contribute towards the lump and I hear about gyno alot I really don't want to take any risks after seeing 1 side of my chest balloon up i was having other nerve problems towards the end aswell as high heart rate . pharmicist also said he won't be prescribing me fin or dut anymore now he noes I have a lipo lump on 1 side of my pec 

Agreed, and it’s always best to follow the Drs advice. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about that..but your health comes first and don't feel low or negative ...just rock with your Bald look and take care of your health ..looks is always about confidence and positivity my friend...so always be positive and confident about yourself and you will always look good even if you don't have hairs 

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor

You welcome my friend....Yeh you can consider it as the hairs extracted by fut are all from the safest zone and they will probably be more dht resistant and thats the plus of a fut procedure and specially when you can't be on medication ....and bdw lipoma lump can be easily removed so don't be worried about that...

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@BillyHopkins88 its sad to hear this. Recently only i had commented on your thread and saw good progress. Would have been nice to see you continue your progress and go for the HT but nothing comes before health. Things happen for a reason and maybe you use the time you spent on hair, on something else like hobby which you always wanted to take up or career goals and get confidence from that too. Its not necessary that only hair improves your personality and gives confidence. I know its easier said than done, but a little positivity always goes a long way. Do stay active if you wish to and join the fight with FUT later on if you wish to or get SMP. All is not lost. 🙂 maybe some new meds come up in future. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, BillyHopkins88 said:

Remember, this is only one physician’s advice, and they may not know the adverse effects of the drugs you’re taking. Also, was this an ER physician or a dermatologist? Gyno is completely different than a lipoma. Gyno is the formation of breast tissue, due to aromatization (testosterone converted to estrogen). 

A lipoma can develop at any time for no apparent reason. Essentially, it’s a build up of fat cells. My suggestion is to consult with a dermatologist. Dr. Umar is a board-certified dermatologist, and has a show removing Lipomas called Dr. Bumpinator. He’s also a hair loss physician. Why don’t you consult with him. 

• Thanks 1

View my thread

@duckling Hi mate thankyou yea I remember you commenting , I really was making good progress that's why I'm so disheartened . Even now I have intense pressure top of chest and abdomen. IL still pop in the group from time to time 🙂

Edited by BillyHopkins88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHopkins88 said:

I have intense pressure top of chest and abdomen

stay in touch with the doctors. keep the anxiety in check and dont worry about losing the gains from meds. once you are fit & fine then check with more doctors about what triggered this and if it was hairloss meds to get some clarity. 

• Thanks 1