My Natural Experiment (monthly updates) - Saw Palmetto 20% and Trichoxidil 2.5%

Hi mustang,

Thanks for the experiment!

But why do you not take topical duta as it seems you had already very good results with it previously?

• Like 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

10 minutes ago, arthurSam said:

Hi mustang,

Thanks for the experiment!

But why do you not take topical duta as it seems you had already very good results with it previously?

My pleasure

It's all explained on the first post.

On 8/8/2023 at 12:56 PM, mustang said:

I don't know

I do remember not having sides with Topical Dutasteride so maybe

is there any difference in systemic absorption between the liposomal solution and Trichosol solution for topical dutasteride, thank you in advance

11 hours ago, mmokin said:

is there any difference in systemic absorption between the liposomal solution and Trichosol solution for topical dutasteride, thank you in advance

I'm interested in this answer also.  I've read that the liposomal formulation takes longer to absorb but causes less irritation and the opposites for Trichosol but I can't confirm.  

Liposomal has greater absorption than Trichosol (water based solutions)

Whether that's good or bad for your case I don't know.

You can get away with lower concentrations with Liposomal carriers and therefore it will be safer, for example, 0.01% of Finasteride which will only reduce 10% systemic DHT on average while 50% on your scalp. 

Then again with Dutasteride you might want as little as it possible to be absorbed. Trichosol is also alcohol free while Liposomes are not. 

I guess you need to try both alternatives. A good option would be daily Liposomal Finasteride with one a week Microneedling Dutasteride Mesotherapy (non liposomal).

Edited by mustang

Another "interesting" finding.

They day after microneedling Saw Palmetto I have no morning wood and feel a little tired. Libido is slightly lower.

This goes away the following day and it only happens if I microneedle it. 

This tells me a few things about the short half life and the systemic effect these natural compounds have. I am at 25% now with Saw Palmetto so 500mg per application (2ml)

Morning wood is a wonderful non bias way to measure potential side effects on 5AR inhibitors or blockers.

Hair still the same, feels a little thicker, no more shedding.

Edited by mustang

1 hour ago, ssimpson7511 said:

where were your grafts put in, if its the top which you show how would you know you are getting any results from SP and Trix?

Cause I haven't had surgery in a while. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2023 at 8:21 PM, Turkhair said:

Saw palmetto is useless for hairloss. Maybe it doesn’t reach the scalp or it’s anti-DHT effects are too weak. I believe it’s a waste of time and money to even consider it. 

Trichoxidil sounds interesting. Any gains you get will be purely from trichoxidil. 

Hope it works out for yo

You can't just say that "any gains you get will be purely from trichoxidil".

So you don't believe Saw Palmetto reduce DHT levels while studies has shown it does?

On 8/9/2023 at 4:21 PM, mustang said:

I thought so too but the fact that some BHT hairs fell out (never shed one in my life) and the same happened when applied on the beard tells me DHT is being reduced.

I think Saw Palmetto does reduce DHT, specially if applied directly transdermal and in a very high dose but it's no Finasteride for sure.

But what should someone who did BHT to scalp do? If the beard / chest hair will fall or stop growing with topical AR blockers or oral, that is not really encouraging for high norwoods who wants something to maintain

1 hour ago, Rasputin said:

But what should someone who did BHT to scalp do? If the beard / chest hair will fall or stop growing with topical AR blockers or oral, that is not really encouraging for high norwoods who wants something to maintain

I don't think it will affect your BHT grafts in the scalp.

Your beard doesn't fall out when taking oral dutasteride, much less will it fall out with topical saw palmetto. 

1 hour ago, mustang said:

I don't think it will affect your BHT grafts in the scalp.

Your beard doesn't fall out when taking oral dutasteride, much less will it fall out with topical saw palmetto. 

Yes, from the vast majority of feedback, if anything, people got their body hair growth just slowed down.

But how do you explain your transplanted beard hair shedding while it never happened? Reduction of DHT for sure but hopefully that doesn't hinder their potential on the scalp.

On 10/6/2023 at 3:23 PM, 4chanhue said:

I bought 2x bottles of trichometto. Currently on oral saw palmetto 1x/day and oral minoxidil 1.25mg 2x/day. Will add 1ml topical trichometto 1x/day at night and see how it goes.

What's your experience with oral saw palmetto? May I ask which brand do you use?

I'm planning to start it soon.

1 hour ago, Rasputin said:

What's your experience with oral saw palmetto? May I ask which brand do you use?

I'm planning to start it soon.

Now 320mg+pumpkin seed oil

Planning to switch to life extension ultra prostate formula once I get it. I just started it a week back. Checkout thread on HLT and other thread here. People have seen meaningful measured DHT decrease with it so it should give some results

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Starting point 

0EC58DAC-DAE4-4801-B1F8-8D2A968E109C.thumb.png.e3dd15f06ef0ded7eaca0c22c0263c88.png

Now

C975F3D8-3331-4D5C-9A96-D7FDA66DCFDA.thumb.png.e9fed7023be9dada0669832779ba3e60.png

Hair is longer and got darker so it’s hard to compare. Overall it’s a good improvement but nothing dramatic as suspected. The added coverage might be an illusion due to the hair being longer although if definitely feels thicker 

If you don’t want medication and have had multiple hair transplants it’s a nice way to preserve and maybe thicken a bit your existing grafts.

No sides so far

Topically daily and with a dermapen once a week 

6 hours ago, mustang said:

Starting point 

0EC58DAC-DAE4-4801-B1F8-8D2A968E109C.thumb.png.e3dd15f06ef0ded7eaca0c22c0263c88.png

Now

C975F3D8-3331-4D5C-9A96-D7FDA66DCFDA.thumb.png.e9fed7023be9dada0669832779ba3e60.png

Hair is longer and got darker so it’s hard to compare. Overall it’s a good improvement but nothing dramatic as suspected. The added coverage might be an illusion due to the hair being longer although if definitely feels thicker 

If you don’t want medication and have had multiple hair transplants it’s a nice way to preserve and maybe thicken a bit your existing grafts.

No sides so far

Topically daily and with a dermapen once a week 

A topical product for prostate?  Wouldn't need to go systemic in order to work?  But you state no sides so maybe sides so minimal you don't notice.  That's something I never thought I'd see but glad its working for you so far.  Hair def looks darker.  Keep us posted.  Thanks.  

12 minutes ago, jim1973 said:

A topical product for prostate?  Wouldn't need to go systemic in order to work?  But you state no sides so maybe sides so minimal you don't notice.  That's something I never thought I'd see but glad its working for you so far.  Hair def looks darker.  Keep us posted.  Thanks.  

Topical Finasteride is also a topical product for prostate.

It would need to go systemic and it does, the dermapen surely helps.

I am dosing it at 500mg per application thus 500 times higher than Finasteride.