NW3 | FUE HLC Ankara | 3700 Grafts | June 2023

I am Day 11 post-op from my 2 day procedure at HLC. I thought this might be a good time to share my brief thoughts about the process while I play the waiting game.

Intro: Two years of research and trying to decide should I or not and I finally did. I settled on HLC based on results, density, reviews and procedure. Price was not to much of a concern.

I reached out to HLC in September 2022 and then in January 2023, booking a date for June. They looked at my photos and asked what my expectations were, we initially discussed 2000 grafts based on my donor photos but when I arrived and had the consultation the donor was found to be much better which was great.

Meds: I have taken 1mg finasteride for 15 years with zero side effects. My crown recovered within 12 months of starting but my temples never did. I have never used tropical Minoxidil.

Travel: booked my trip to stay 5 days in total, as I wanted to heal and stay around a little in case of any issues. I arrived at 20:30, a little delayed to be met by the driver as planned.

Procedure: Pre-op photos taken. Doctor Özgur comes in with his team of doctors (Elif, Bekir, Cengiz, Umut) and start examining my scalp and beard. Combing through it, making their markings and proposing a hairline. Measuring the required area at 50cm2 needed to cover front and midscalp for this HT.

We discussed my crown and Doctor Özgur said this would be for a second visit but her personal opinion is to leave this as it is, it suits my age and looks natural. I am happy with this as it has been stable as it is since starting Finasteride.

I did not feel rushed at all, it took 30mins at least and we re-draw the hairline around 6 times.

We opted for 50cm2 at the front and 40cm2 at the centre of my head.

Into first day of surgery with Dr Elif to do extractions and Dr Bekir to do implants. After Dr Elif looking at hairline again before we start, they are not 100% and we head back into the consultation room with big mirror walk to adjust hairline.

I was very happy with the time spent on the hairline design so we were all happy and also the recommendation from the owner to maybe never do the crown made me feel, this is not just about money.

Onto the procedure, 5 sessions total. The procedure for the most part was painless, aside of the initial anaesthesia needles and towards the end of a session where I felt the anaesthesia starting to wear off. 

Recovery: Followed the post-op instructions, spraying recipient and applying Bepanthol cream to donor area along with tablets. The worst part is sleeping on my back.

1.png

2.png

3.PNG

4.png

5.jpg

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

• Valued Contributor

Clean and dense packed work...hairline design is also natural ....good to hear a feedback from someone who is using finasteride since so long...that would have helped you to preserve your grafts for so long...Happy growing and keep updating...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 1 month later...

*7 Week Update*

Now well into the shedding phase. My non transplanted hair has grown back and my transplanted hair has 90% fell out. My hairline and hair is pretty much back to how it was before surgery.

No issues other than itchy scalp and numbness is also starting to fade.

Roll on month 6 an onwards....

IMG_7562.jpg

• 2 months later...

*3 Month Update*

Just coming out of the shedding stage and starting to see some small growth. Had my first haircut with clippers and I could start to see how it will take shape.

Picture from today showing the temple.

Numbness has all nearly gone. Still itchy at times but that comes and goes.

Hoping for growth now!

3 Months.jpg

Today.jpg

Count.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

I think this looks really good, congrats 🙌

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...

So 9 months in now, here are some update pictures. 

Some are taken after a haircut and some before going for haircut.

I am concerned it’s a little light on density in the temples and also getting some hair in the bath which has me a little worried.

Maybe I am just hoping for perfection! It’s incredible from were I was, I just hope I am not losing any!

IMG_8467.jpeg

IMG_8473.jpeg

IMG_8514.jpeg

IMG_8550.jpeg

IMG_8630.jpeg

IMG_8735.jpeg

IMG_8736.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So i am starting to become concerned. At 9 months I am losing hair, its going thin and I can see right through the hair when front on.

I have also just been reading this forum and this has got me very concerned

I have sent messages to Ebru yesterday at HLC and been told to take Oral Minoxodil which I have on order.

I am really worried its not going to recover.

IMG_8793.jpg

IMG_8794.jpg

IMG_8812.jpg

IMG_8813.jpg

Hey mate 

not sure why you linked my post. But for what it’s worth, I’m 8 months in and am already noticing some hair fall. I can tell the difference between the transplanted hairs and natural ones. Especially when transplanted ones have sometimes fallen out with two hairs to one bulb and look more wiry. I’m not sure why it’s happening either, but I have noticed other people either here on Reddit posting about this happening around 8-10 months. Scarily, I’ve not seen any of these posts resolve with it all regrowing 3-6 months later. Though many do just drop off, so perhaps they stopped posting once they were content again! 

im going back to HLC in august, as my hair line design really doesn’t suit me at all and mine is pretty pluggy at the front. I hope you don’t have to go through it all again any time soon! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FaganBecker said:

Hey mate 

not sure why you linked my post. But for what it’s worth, I’m 8 months in and am already noticing some hair fall. I can tell the difference between the transplanted hairs and natural ones. Especially when transplanted ones have sometimes fallen out with two hairs to one bulb and look more wiry. I’m not sure why it’s happening either, but I have noticed other people either here on Reddit posting about this happening around 8-10 months. Scarily, I’ve not seen any of these posts resolve with it all regrowing 3-6 months later. Though many do just drop off, so perhaps they stopped posting once they were content again! 

im going back to HLC in august, as my hair line design really doesn’t suit me at all and mine is pretty pluggy at the front. I hope you don’t have to go through it all again any time soon! 

Hi Mate,

I thought I was all sorted and then I have started to lose it, I had a look on the forum this morning to see what the latest was from HLC and yours was the first I found, you are really close to me and same Dr.

To be honest I was really happy with mine and anything else was a bonus until now, not heard of anyone going backwards at this stage in the journey.

It gives me me some comfort that you say other people have lost hair around this stage, I just hope it comes back.

I have oral minoxodil tablets on the way and some vitamin D3 tablets to top up the finasteride and vitamins I already take.