Quoted 1800 grafts from Dr. Pan of Dr. Mohebi’s clinic

Is this an accurate amount of grafts? I’m 24 and mainly focused on frontal/hairline area. Do not want hairline lowered, just from where it’s at in the front angled toward the temples. I’m scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks and just seeing if anyone disagrees with the amount. thanks!

8E658378-82FE-45DD-A55A-FD5698996BAA.jpeg

9BD04F3E-A278-4EDC-86CD-4D21E4E103A5.jpeg

8F6F6B8C-E08E-41FB-AA32-73DB0F63356A.jpeg

9369470C-C52B-488C-ACE5-B511BC7F1A7E.png

3C16CF0E-BD2F-4EF7-97C8-614F70F46CB0.jpeg

Edited by percahontas

Always consult with multiple doctors, preferably top clinics.

You can also do some estimates yourself. Take a tape measure and find the square cm area you want to implant. When you consider a transplanted density of about 40 grafts per cm^2, you can approximate how many you'll need. 

Just now, asterix0 said:

Always consult with multiple doctors, preferably top clinics.

You can also do some estimates yourself. Take a tape measure and find the square cm area you want to implant. When you consider a transplanted density of about 40 grafts per cm^2, you can approximate how many you'll need. 

I went to around 5 different places that I remember. Dr. Carman in person quoted 1600-1800. LA Fue said about 2000-2500. One clinic said to wait. 2 from Turkey gave me anything from 1600-3000.

• Administrators

24 is very young. You have to be on medication. If you're not, I would not advise getting a hair transplant. That said, 1,800 grafts are enough to fill the corners as long as you're not trying to lower the hairline.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

24 is very young. You have to be on medication. If you're not, I would not advise getting a hair transplant. That said, 1,800 grafts are enough to fill the corners as long as you're not trying to lower the hairline.

will the density be good you think? I’m on fin and oral minoxidil 

3 minutes ago, Big Rome said:

fair play sir, you had any sides from either? 

negative other than placebo from the fin. meat still works and my mind is still the same, i might have minor brain fog sometimes but can’t blame it on that entirely 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, percahontas said:

will the density be good you think? I’m on fin and oral minoxidil 

I think density would be good, you could always go up to 2,000 grafts if you want more density. But between 1,800-2,300 is a good number. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...