Finasteride....another twist

Xanadu

Finasteride has been around since 1996 to treat prostrate cancer at higher doses. I don’t see all the millions that took it turning into women. Your argument is just plain silly.

Totally agree with the other posters that wine about taking medication and are in a panic when they reach a Norwood 4. If you start it at you first notice hairloss you can possibly avoid surgery.

2 hours ago, ljpcarrera said:

Finasteride has been around since 1996 to treat prostrate cancer at higher doses. I don’t see all the millions that took it turning into women. Your argument is just plain silly.

Totally agree with the other posters that wine about taking medication and are in a panic when they reach a Norwood 4. If you start it at you first notice hairloss you can possibly avoid surgery.

People's reading comprehension is really bad on here. No one said fin was going to turn you into a women, or anything remotely close to that. It's a fact though that MtF transgenders take Fin for it's feminizing effect (And also for it's hair fighting effect). Deal with that information however you best choose. I'm not necessarily anti fin, I agree that lots of guys take it with very minimal or no sides. Conversely, lots of guys take it and get sides, some of which can be long lasting. 

Hopefully this is clear for everyone with poor reading comprehension. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 10:17 AM, NegativeNorwood said:

Imagine having and account here and NOT taking finasteride + minoxidil. Bottom of the barrel IQ, shaving the head and even buying a hair system are much wiser options than a hair transplant for someone balding that doesn't want to take fin+minox for life.

Yeah, stripping yourself of the most potent androgen you have as a man is so wise!

@NegativeNorwood your whole attitude seems hostile and bitter (Attacking people who don't or can't use fin for no reason in your original post). Taking fin or not taking fin is a personal decision, you don't need to go around calling people who don't or cant take it "bottom of the barrel IQ"

Maybe your estrogen is high? You seem "hormonal" 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

@NegativeNorwood your whole attitude seems hostile and bitter (Attacking people who don't or can't use fin for no reason in your original post). Taking fin or not taking fin is a personal decision, you don't need to go around calling people who don't or cant take it "bottom of the barrel IQ"

Maybe your estrogen is high? You seem "hormonal" 

3 minutes ago, RTC said:

Emotional instability is characteristic of cucks lmao.

I'm laughing while typing. A very stable behaviour. Can hear you both crying from here tho.

Enjoy the balding, just stop losing time and delete the accounts here. Be more "masculine" without hair. Women love men with hair the most, so ironically homosexuality is much nearer from you than me. 

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

Just now, NegativeNorwood said:

I'm laughing while typing. A very stable behaviour. Can hear you both crying from here tho.

Enjoy the balding, just stop losing time and delete the accounts here. Be more "masculine" without hair. Women love men with hair the most, so ironically homosexuality is much nearer from you than me. 

What a weird thing to say. Why are you so concerned with other people's decisions on what to do with their endocrine systems? You seem bitter about something and I don't think the root of the bitterness is someone's decision whether or not to take fin. Best of luck out there. 

2 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

You're the one posting photos of your hairline to prove how 'masculine' you are. We both know you're a bottom xD

53 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

What a weird thing to say. Why are you so concerned with other people's decisions on what to do with their endocrine systems? You seem bitter about something and I don't think the root of the bitterness is someone's decision whether or not to take fin. Best of luck out there. 

Says the dude that bringed up Mtf transgenders many times into a normal, hair oriented finasteride conversation. 

You seem obsessed with trans and envious of Norwood 1 people that preserve their hair with medications, like any sane person would do. Best luck out there for you too.

1 minute ago, RTC said:

You're the one posting photos of your hairline to prove how 'masculine' you are. We both know you're a bottom xD

No no, I'm heterosexual. You OTOH were a bottom for Asli Tarcan 👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NegativeNorwood said:

Says the dude that bringed up Mtf transgenders many times into a normal, hair oriented finasteride conversation. 

You seem obsessed with trannies and envious of Norwood 1 people that preserve their hair with medications, like any sane person would do. Best luck out there for you too.

I mean, it's a fact that MtF's use fin for it's feminizing effect. Again, you can do with that information what you may, but that is a fact not a personal attack and I'm not sure how it makes me "obsessed with trannies" as you say. 

For the record, you're solidly a NW2. In fact your probably closer to NW3 than to NW1. Our hairlines aren't much different, and if mine goes back further I'll simply get another HT lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I mean, it's a fact that MtF's use fin for it's feminizing effect. Again, you can do with that information what you may, but that is a fact not a personal attack and I'm not sure how it makes me "obsessed with trannies" as you say. 

For the record, you're solidly a NW2. In fact your probably closer to NW3 than to NW1. Our hairlines aren't much different, and if mine goes back further I'll simply get another HT lol

Laughed hard at norwood 3 ngl

I do agree that I'm closer to Norwood 2 tho, that's why finasteride is so important.

It's very likely you'll continue to bald after the transplant without taking fin, and that looks much worse than being bald, just saying. 

5 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

Laughed hard at norwood 3 ngl

I do agree that I'm closer to Norwood 2 tho, that's why finasteride is so important.

It's very likely you'll continue to bald after the transplant without taking fin, and that looks much worse than being bald, just saying. 

Balding continues after a hair transplant? I'm hearing this for the very first time... 

2 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Balding continues after a hair transplant? I'm hearing this for the very first time... 

I hope you are being sarcastic, albeit with your finasteride comments I highly doubt you have such a mental capacity. Will give you the benefit of the doubt either way and assume it is sarcasm.

Edited by NegativeNorwood

3 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I hope you are being sarcastic, albeit with your finasteride comments I highly doubt you have such a mental capacity. Will give you the benefit of the doubt either way and assume it is sarcasm.

No really, I thought that when you got a HT the Dr would cast a spell that prevented any further baldness. Please, tell me more about the nature of androgenic alopecia. 

You aren't closer to NW2, you ARE NW2. And as your signature so aptly says, "mature hairline is a euphemism for balding". Better get on Dutasteride and really nuke your DHT. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

No really, I thought that when you got a HT the Dr would cast a spell that prevented any further baldness. Please, tell me more about the nature of androgenic alopecia. 

You aren't closer to NW2, you ARE NW2. And as your signature so aptly says, "mature hairline is a euphemism for balding". Better get on Dutasteride and really nuke your DHT. 

Oh I see, do they cast the spell like this:

"don't take finasteride, everything is fine, 3€ per graft"

While dancing, reciting some turkish poem and throwing salt to a picture of a MtF transgender?

Edited by NegativeNorwood
  • Haha 2

• Administrators

This thread is a train wreck, members insulting each other using inappropriate/offensive language. I’m locking this. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.