Which Surgeon for FUE?

Hello everyone,

I have come across this site recently and have found it to be very informative. It definitely helps someone like me who has had no experience of HT and wants to avoid mistakes.

I am 27 years old and have hair loss in the frontal zone, not comepltely bald but low density at the moment.

I live in UK and have recently visited a few clinics for consultations and i have been told i would need approxmitely 1500 to 2000 grafts.

One of the clinics i visited was Harley Street Hair clinic Dr Andrea Tchalakov's, who performs FUE.

I would prefer to have FUE rather than Strip to avoid scar and also becuase it gives me the option to keep my hair short if i decide to.

My questions are:

Is FUE the right technique for my age and the number of grafts i need (1500 to 2000)?

Secondly, Which Surgeon is the best in FUE technique? Although i am in UK, i do not mind travelling if is worth doing so.

Much appreciated.

With no prior surgery and a likelihood of only needing a small number of grafts, it sounds like you are an excellent candidate for FUE.

I would definitely steer clear of most UK doctors based upon what I've seen so far in my research. I'm not saying that there aren't some good ones, but just that I have yet to see much in the way of consistent results (not meant as a blanket statement in the event I've overlooked someone).

For FUE, I'd suggest:

- Feller - haven't seen a LOT of FUE samples lately (most are strip), but if you're thinking FUE, you deserve to at least have a consult (online) with Dr. Feller.

- Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic - wow have I been impressed with his results lately.

BEFORE.jpg

tn_P1040905.jpg

Imagen0152.jpg

Pat / Bill - are you visiting this clinic at anytime in the future to review possible recommendation? Based upon what I've seen, it looks very impressive.

- Next up - Shapiro Medical is doing more and more FUE, and with BSpot back on this site, I'm hoping he or Janna can start showing off some of their work.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

LOL-- yes M&M we will be posting some FUE work---I just takes time to build a patient base.

If Edge were to choose Dr. Feller or Dr. Bisanga he would be in great hands.

On another note, we have recently begun using Dr. Feller's new FUE extraction tool---I am happy to report that it has met with great approval and seems to reduce the hand fatigue associated with FUE.

I am sure Dr. Shapiro will write something up in the near future to describe our experience with it.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

So lets put it in order - The best Doctors for FUE are:

Dr Feller

Dr Bisanga

Dr Shapiro

Any others?

Just out of interest, what differentiates between a good FUE doctor and a bad FUE doctor? Is it because of the way the extraction method is handled?

For me:

1 - Dr. Bisanga

2 - Dr. Feller

3- Dr. Saphiro

I don't know why but seems that Dr. Feller hairlines are more inconsistent than Dr. Bisanga Hair lines.

Just my opinion, but Dr Feller and Saphiro also have a great work.

Pat / Bill - are you visiting this clinic at anytime in the future to review possible recommendation? Based upon what I've seen, it looks very impressive.

M&M,

Dr. Bisanga has been invited to post examples of his work on our forum to be considered for recommendation. However, to date, they have not taken advantage of this opportunity.

Thanks for asking,

Bill

Hi Spex,

Thanks for your advice. Your right, i think i need to do check more about FUE/Strip results although i have read quite alot about HT so far.

And, to be honest after reading the info link above i am not sure about FUE.

When think about a ear to ear scar, that puts me off Strip HT. I don't know what to do, i guess i need more time to think about this.

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

M&M,

Dr. Bisanga has been invited to post examples of his work on our forum to be considered for recommendation. However, to date, they have not taken advantage of this opportunity.

Thanks for asking,

Bill

Thanks Bill for the update. Let's hope he does indeed start to post on this site as I find it much more reputable than "Hairsite"!

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, as man in the same age bracket and hair loss boat you are, FUE is an inappropriate consideration for the likes of you and me.

Its overrated, over priced, higher graft survival risk and damage to donor area is more likely.

Some top doctors do it, they are good doctors by reputation, but it doesn't mean FUE is the best choice for a surgery.

What you must do without exception is find a doctor who custom cuts his or her blades, blades and not needles, it makes for better hairline which is the biggest aesthetic battle and achievement you want and will allow for you to achieve in one surgery what might have taken two otherwise.

It can be done the other way but it is an older technique, not terrible to the eye but not the best that can be done, and the custom blades permit a density packing that can't be achieved otherwise.

40cm2 is what literature says but unless your natural hair is that density then it will look thin and require a second round, the custom needles allow for a 60 hair cm2 to be considered and a much more fulfilling density in a single round.

It took me lots of research to determine it, talk to ten doctor and chew on their advice be fore you even consider committing to one.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016