Which is the best in price range of $3000 ?

On 5/20/2023 at 1:41 AM, Gatsby said:

If $3000 is all you have for your first surgery then how will you afford the second, third, etc? MPB is progressive and your best start is to get on medication to halt your hair loss pattern. Terms such as DHI and Sapphire blades, etc are meaningless. It's results that matter. I would save up for a good doctor and be guided by a huge list of consistently great results that are in line with your goals. A $3000 hair transplant will cost you a hell of a lot more trying to repair down the track. All the best.

So now the confusion for me is this forum recommended Dr Raman Yesul is offering me a surgery for $3300 and almost every body is saying that I will not get anything decent for this budget. 

So one thing must be wrong the forum recommendation of the doctor or the suggestion here, which is it ?

On 5/20/2023 at 12:49 AM, AB2000 said:

For the amount of hair loss you have (it is a lot) you would need a fair amount of surgery, including beard donor if you had any.  That adds costs.  People in your shoes, who are going to be Norwood level 6 and are looking to gamble on a hair mill, there is a high probability that: 1) you won't get the result that you want and 2) you'll be worse off than you began with, hence why people who have seen more than you suggest you save your money and don't proceed.  If you don't understand what a botched hair transplant does to someone, I can tell you, they all wished they had done nothing to begin with.  Save your money.

So now the confusion for me is this forum recommended Dr Raman Yesul is offering me a surgery for $3300 and almost every body is saying that I will not get anything decent for this budget. 

So one thing must be wrong the forum recommendation of the doctor or the suggestion here, which is it ?

On 5/20/2023 at 2:06 AM, Bronamath123 said:

save up man, you have a solid donor, no sense having it ruined by some cheap, unethical clinic

So now the confusion for me is this forum recommended Dr Raman Yesul is offering me a surgery for $3300 and almost every body is saying that I will not get anything decent for this budget. 

On 5/20/2023 at 6:12 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e4dd3afc76036d48f65f85bd4efe255b.jpeg

cant you see the difference in density? see how the top is lighter? your crown will most likely dip…you will eventually become norwood 6, the pattern is already forming…maybe it will take 5-15 years but you are not at the end of your hairloss journey…

and this are all miniaturized hairs, they wont stay

image.jpeg.24a4555cbdacaa6c556141a3e6faf3ac.jpeg

go to a derm with a microscope, he will most likely confirm it

the worst you can do is fall into wishful thinking. if youre end norwood is norwood 6 then money isnt even your biggest problem, its the limited number of grafts. for decent coverage you cant spare a single graft and you still will need beard hair.

and when youre donor gets destroyed from a butched surgery you probably wont get completely coverage anymore. so you need to make every surgery count

20 hours ago, hairthere said:

Sadly, we're observing a cautionary tale in the making. Spartacus7 you've been given sound advice by members of this forum. At least you can't say you weren't warned....

16 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s not that $3,000 is nothing, but you have to look at the average cost per graft, and the number of grafts you require. You need around 6,000 grafts minimum. The cheapest surgeons that I would recommend charge around 2 euros per graft. That means you need at least a budget of 10-12k. That may be too high for what you consider reasonable for hair. If that’s the case, don’t get a hair transplant. It’s better to do nothing. Than go cheap and pay exorbitantly more for a repair. Trust me, going cheap can turn out 10x more expensive in the end.

I can see the apparent contradiction.

I would summarise the advice as:

1) Get on finesteride to slow down further hair loss

2) The quote you've had is from a recommended doctor and would improve your appearance.

3) it's unlikely to be a complete restoration and even after success use of medication and an initial transplant, you are likely to need a second surgery at a similar cost for full coverage.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Dr yaman is an experienced surgeon .....at that price point he is good....he is good value for money option....and i can understand evryone(including me) have a budget for evrythng....and we have to look for an option which is better in that budget and considering your budget dr yaman will be a better option...evryone can't buy Rolls-Royce and they aren't suppose to walk every time ..there is toyota for them....but its just that you have to be well aware of the risk...that when you go for a cheaper option for surgery there is a higher chance you may not get desired outcome bt dr yaman is enough experienced that he will not botch u up...its just that you have to see the pros and cons of surgery....best of luck and take your time and keep us updated ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 5/19/2023 at 7:04 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

If you're looking at such a low budget, you're better off doing nothing. You have a large degree of baldness, and you will need a lot of grafts. $3000 in my opinion is too low to go to any quality clinic. Shaving is free, definitely try that out.

6 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

Dr yaman is an experienced surgeon .....at that price point he is good....he is good value for money option....and i can understand evryone(including me) have a budget for evrythng....and we have to look for an option which is better in that budget and considering your budget dr yaman will be a better option...evryone can't buy Rolls-Royce and they aren't suppose to walk every time ..there is toyota for them....but its just that you have to be well aware of the risk...that when you go for a cheaper option for surgery there is a higher chance you may not get desired outcome bt dr yaman is enough experienced that he will not botch u up...its just that you have to see the pros and cons of surgery....best of luck and take your time and keep us updated ...

Thank you Archan for the sound advice. I feel you get my dilemma. I am open for a second sitting and will have more budget to spare in couple of years time.

For this seating time is crucial for me is I am sure I will not have any time to get it done for 2 yrs if I miss it and am willing to pay up to $4500.

I am getting in touch with Dr Turan, Dr Bicer and Dr Demisory but no replies back from them yet.

I’ll keep every posted with my progress.

Dr Demirsoy is a good low cost surgeon, maybe even one of the low cost packages from eugenix. You're at higher risk of a lack luster result by setting a low budget but you still have options

• Valued Contributor
34 minutes ago, spartacus7 said:

Thank you Archan for the sound advice. I feel you get my dilemma. I am open for a second sitting and will have more budget to spare in couple of years time.

For this seating time is crucial for me is I am sure I will not have any time to get it done for 2 yrs if I miss it and am willing to pay up to $4500.

I am getting in touch with Dr Turan, Dr Bicer and Dr Demisory but no replies back from them yet.

I’ll keep every posted with my progress.

Always welcome my friend...imo you can do one more thing ...dont run after too many grafts..for 1st session you can go with somewhere around 2.5k to 3k grafts and that will allow you to select a decent doctor in your budget plus your frontal portion will be restored properly in this session which is important and will change your whole appearance...than after may be 2 yrs in 2nd session you can go for another 2.5k to 3k grafts if your donor allows ...till than you can do your savings accordingly....you can be on medication and can preserve your native hairs...

So other than dr yaman imo you can consider 

Dr gur - 1.5 euro per graft and he will do all the extraction and incisions himself..so for 3k grafts that will cost you around 4.5keuros and that is near your budget..he is an ethical surgeon...have seen many good reviews about him...imo he is the best bet in this category for you...

Dr Dermirsoy - again 1.5 euros and he is also well experienced surgeon and produced decent results ,but didn't see patients posting results by him recently...

Dr turan - 4k euros i think for 3k grafts ...he is good option to consider ..he and gur are almost similar..i use to recommend dr turan bt now after seeing so many results on other forums as well i somewhere have a bit of more confidence on dr gur and specially his approach....bt if you like dr turan's work than you can go for him as well...you won't go wrong with either of them

Dr kongkiat laorwong - If you are willing to travel to thailand ...he is well experienced surgeon ...very meticulous person and his work is extremely clean..have seen lots of positive reviews abt him..i have seen more than 100 cases performed by him...i myself went to him and the experience was awesome bt still waiting for my result...so if you want any more info on him than feel free to DM me...

Dr Patty - Another good surgeon from thailand ...she is doing very good work and imo value for money doctor ....i have gathered info abt her and got good positive reviews abt her....

Just giving you options to look at so that you get more choices and than can choose someone from them....i believe two part approach will be better for you...in terms of surgery as well as financially ....

Edited by A_4_Archan
  • Like 1

--> My Thread

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

Always welcome my friend...imo you can do one more thing ...dont run after too many grafts..for 1st session you can go with somewhere around 2.5k to 3k grafts and that will allow you to select a decent doctor in your budget plus your frontal portion will be restored properly in this session which is important and will change your whole appearance...than after may be 2 yrs in 2nd session you can go for another 2.5k to 3k grafts if your donor allows ...till than you can do your savings accordingly....you can be on medication and can preserve your native hairs...

Dr gur - 1.5 euro per graft and he will do all the extraction and incisions himself..so for 3k grafts that will cost you around 4.5keuros and that is near your budget..he is an ethical surgeon...have seen many good reviews about him...imo he is the best bet in this category for you...

Dr Dermirsoy - again 1.5 euros and he is also well experienced surgeon and produced decent results ,but didn't see patients posting results by him recently...

Dr turan - 4k euros i think for 3k grafts ...he is good option to consider ..he and gur are almost similar..i use to recommend dr turan bt now after seeing so many results on other forums as well i somewhere have a bit of more confidence on dr gur and specially his approach....bt if you like dr turan's work than you can go for him as well...you won't go wrong with either of them

Dr kongkiat laorwong - If you are willing to travel to thailand ...he is well experienced surgeon ...very meticulous person and his work is extremely clean..have seen lots of positive reviews abt him..i have seen more than 100 cases performed by him...i myself went to him and the experience was awesome bt still waiting for my result...so if you want any more info on him than feel free to DM me...

Dr Patty - Another good surgeon from thailand ...she is doing very good work and imo value for money doctor ....i have gathered info abt her and got good positive reviews abt her....

Just giving you options to look at so that you get more choices and than can choose someone from them....i believe two part approach will be better for you...in terms of surgery as well as financially ....

what are the prices od thailand surgeon compared to turkey? are they familar with rather thin european hair?

Edited by mr_peanutbutter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

Dr Gur's and Dr Demirsoy's starting price is 1 euro / graft, if you dont select the premium package where the doctor does the extractions as well. If you select the doctor to do the extractions too then its 1.5. I think all packages are fine, so it depends on each candidate.

Can you tell us the price per graft of Dr Laorwong in Thailand ? does he have different packages ? From a recent patient case of Dr Laorwong , i saw that the patient told us that he paid 70 THB per graft, which is equivalent to 1.88 euro / graft.

Edited by BaldGuy

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, spartacus7 said:

So now the confusion for me is this forum recommended Dr Raman Yesul is offering me a surgery for $3300 and almost every body is saying that I will not get anything decent for this budget. 

It's neither. The first port of call for MPB is medication and time to see how you respond. This can take up to two years in the case of finasteride to see it's full benefits. Minoxidil takes one year for the same. Once you've stabilized your hair loss then you are really in a much better position to be able to plan for the life span of MPB. This also takes time finding the right doctor who turns out lots and lots of results consistently that match your hair loss and your goals for hair restoration. Out of that you will find out what the cost, the surgeon and the Country will be. This is if you want to give yourself the best chance for a great outcome because a poor outcome will cost you as much as Dr Konior with a much longer waiting period than him. Wishing you all the best doing your research as frustrating as it may be at times! 👍

2 hours ago, spartacus7 said:

@Dr Resul Yaman is a great option and he is an ethical surgeon. So you would feel safe with him. He has great results, as i have seen and i am also considering him for my hair transplant. I am between Dr yaman, Dr turan, dr gur and Dr Demirsoy which they charge simillar prices and they are safe options too.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
58 minutes ago, BaldGuy said:

Dr Gur's and Dr Demirsoy's starting price is 1 euro / graft, if you dont select the premium package where the doctor does the extractions as well. If you select the doctor to do the extractions too then its 1.5. I think all packages are fine, so it depends on each candidate.

Can you tell us the price per graft of Dr Laorwong in Thailand ? does he have different packages ? From a recent patient case of Dr Laorwong , i saw that the patient told us that he paid 70 THB per graft, which is equivalent to 1.88 euro / graft.

Yeh he charges around 70 THB...no he don't have any other package ...he performs the surgery himself (all extraction as well as incisions and roughly 40-50% implantation) 

Yeh dr gur and dr demisroy price starts at 1 euro bt i mostly feel comfortable to recommend a package in which doctor himself performs extraction as well..i know there are highly skilled techs who performs extraction very well but in that case the doctor need to name the exact person who is going to do extraction and should share his experience of OT in the particular thing...

--> My Thread

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

what are the prices od thailand surgeon compared to turkey? are they familar with rather thin european hair?

They are in between 1-2 euros per graft...yeh they have experience with different hair caliber as good doctors from thailand get their patients from New Zealand , Australia ,India etc who have fine hairs...i am myself from india and having very thin native hair...

--> My Thread

28 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

They are in between 1-2 euros per graft...yeh they have experience with different hair caliber as good doctors from thailand get their patients from New Zealand , Australia ,India etc who have fine hairs...i am myself from india and having very thin native hair...

dont indians usually have thick hair calibre?

best regards and happy growing

• Valued Contributor
3 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

dont indians usually have thick hair calibre?

best regards and happy growing

New Zealand and Australia have lots of thin hair people ....

Not all indian have thick caliber ...its a huge population and a huge country ...we have all the variety of hair and skin types over here cause of huge population and different demography and culture and eating habits all around the country....Thanks 

• Like 1

--> My Thread

7 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

New Zealand and Australia have lots of thin hair people ....

Not all indian have thick caliber ...its a huge population and a huge country ...we have all the variety of hair and skin types over here cause of huge population and different demography and culture and eating habits all around the country....Thanks 

New Zealanders & Australians have the same hair caliber of Europeans as that is where our ancestry is

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, spartacus7 said:

3,300 for one surgery, you will not get all the grafts you need in one surgery. You will need at least 2-3 surgeries, which will come out to 10k. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/21/2023 at 2:38 AM, spartacus7 said:

How many grafts is he offering for the $3300?  And whatever that number is, will it be enough to achieve your goals?  Let's say he can do $1/graft, so 3,000 in total.  How much of a difference do you think that many hairs are going to make?  It can help add density to the frontal area.  Probably nothing will be left over for your crown.  If you are not taking any meds then your male pattern baldness will continue.  The transplanted hairs will stay but the native ones will continue to fall out, and you might get angry thinking the surgery didn't work, when in fact the issue is your aggressive hair loss and the limitation of 3,300 grafts to counter it.

2 hours ago, AB2000 said:

How many grafts is he offering for the $3300?  And whatever that number is, will it be enough to achieve your goals?  Let's say he can do $1/graft, so 3,000 in total.  How much of a difference do you think that many hairs are going to make?  It can help add density to the frontal area.  Probably nothing will be left over for your crown.  If you are not taking any meds then your male pattern baldness will continue.  The transplanted hairs will stay but the native ones will continue to fall out, and you might get angry thinking the surgery didn't work, when in fact the issue is your aggressive hair loss and the limitation of 3,300 grafts to counter it.

He is offering 4500 for $3300.