Overharvested or shock loss?

I think it is growing back a little bit but I can’t really tell. There is still a very clear patch where the donor hair was taken. I’ve kept the hair on the back of my head long in sort of a mohawk fashion. It looks somewhat normal you can see the low density if I take a picture with flash on or if I’m in bright sunlight. 

I’ll post a picture update early august which will be 3 months from my transplant. If the side patches of my head recover to what the back looks like I’ll be somewhat relieved.

I'm sorry you're going through this man, stay strong. Keep in mind that even if more hair doesn't come in, the redness will fade and it'll be easier to hide. And if it doesn't come in then find a reputable doctor to improve it.

• Like 1

No need to panic. Give proper time to regrowth of transplanted hair as well as donor site. Nothing to worry at this stage. Dr. Rahal's advice is excellent, please read it twice and have patience.    

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

You're approaching the 3 month mark.  Stay patient and post some pictures about a month from now.  Hang in there, let's hope for some good growth very soon.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys been busy with life. Here’s an almost 4 month update. 

At this point I’ve lost hope of a full recovery. You can clearly see the donor area vs the rest of my sides. 

Top of my head is still growing in. I have about as much hair on top as before the transplant lol. I think I’ll see better results in a few months since my transplant was so big guessing I had more shock loss. Crown is still lagging behind

IMG_1538.jpeg

IMG_1541.jpeg

IMG_1540.jpeg

IMG_1539.jpeg

Yes I am on minoxidil, only once a day though at night and sometimes I forget. Also taking finasteride still daily. 

At this point I'm still just waiting. Hair is still growing in on the top so I likely won't see full results until mid 2024. It sucks though because I still feel insecure about my hair especially with how patchy it is on the sides. The whole reason I got a transplant was so I wouldn't have to think about my hair again. 

• Moderators

Looks like it’s improving. Update us in another month or two. 

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 months later...