Adegen-all natural dht receptor blocker. anyone heard of this?

• Administrators

What are the ingredients? The only “natural” DHT blocker that works is Saw Palmetto and Pumpkin seed. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Like many mostly natural hairloss products, there are multiple ingrediants here.

There were afew studies looking at how linoleic and oleic fatty acids may inhibit DHT. Some actually say that's partly why saw palmetto may work as oppose to the beta sitosterol. 

I cant comment on this product, but in general my personal opinion is that, most natty products will do very little to halt even mild to moderately aggressive AGA. 

That being said I can understand why people who cannot tolerate finasteride look for anything out there. We get desperate. Unfortunately there are many companies out there happy to make a buck or two out of people like that. I know because I've tried a heck of a lot of them. And wasted a lot of money.

I am not going to stand here and say there are no benefits to any of these products, and I haven't tried them all, but if you're on a tight budget be careful. Or you might find yourself 5-10 years on down the road, still with advancing hairloss and nothing to show for it but a substantially lighter wallet. 

I would go as far as saying save your money for a hair transplant in 5-10 years. I actually would have had a good £1-2k put towards one now if I hadn't wasted so much over the years.

Maybe there is something to be said (and I'm still not 100% convinced) in a ketoconazole shampoo with afew extra ingrediants thrown in. As long as you have at least 3 to 5 mins to let it sit on your head.

If I were you I would only experiment with natty products if they are cheap or you don't mind losing money. You may be lucky and find something that does something minor. But also be aware, if you have sides from a powerful 5 alpha reductase inhibitor many of these products are just very weak versions of the same. They are usually side effect free because they dont reduce enough DHT production. The problem is thats why they often don't work.

All that being said there was a guy on YouTube who did several yearly updates on microneedling with a topical saw palmetto. And actually, if that was legit and he was being honest and hadnt secretly hopped on fin behind the scenes... well his results actually looked kind of impressive. By no means spectacular, he was still pretty bald, but he definitely reversed some of his balding.

Also...Coconut oil has a high concentration of lauric acid which supposedly can block some type 1 AND type 2 5AR enzyme. It seems oleic and linoleic block more type 1. You have to wash your hair after putting it in though or it's very very greasy. But it's cheap I guess.

The good news is it does seem there are afew new hairloss drugs and cosmetics on the horizon which may offer a real alternative to fin/dut. CosmeRNA, GT20029, pyrilutamide, oral min, topical latanoprost. I think people are more likely to have success with these things when they are released officially and genuine, than natty products (obviously you can get oral min now, and some doctors even prescribe topical latanoprost). 

Edited by Follicle1984