Dr. Pittella - 6.891. grafts - 26 years old

My name is Arilso Liebmann, I had my surgery with Dr Felipe Pittella, on May 6th. Some pictures of mine before and after the surgery.
Were implanted:
Follicles: 6,891.
Wires: 14,060.

I'm feeling good, he and his team provide all post-operative assistance.
I will post soon, some pictures of how I am.

msg777000-17356.jpg

msg777000-17357.jpg

msg777000-17360.jpg

msg777000-17369.jpg

msg777000-17367.jpg

msg777000-17368.jpg

msg777000-17370.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-08 at 11.47.33.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Geting use to see such a dense packed work from dr pittela often now.....you were under great hands and you will surely get an awesome outcome .....best of luck ..Happy growing and keep updating ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

2 hours ago, nw5tonw1 said:

hairs can be frizzy after a transplant and can look like wires:)

jokes aside, I think it is because the Pitella assistant who is uploading these 'patient reviews' probably uses google translate to create the english text

So these aren't actual patient reviews, but uploaded by a Pittella assistant? 

Check out my journey here:

Hey guys, 

I believe it is a translation mistake.

In Portuguese a hair is called  "cabelo" or "fio de cabelo". When you translate fio with Google or similar to English it can become "wire" - because fio has multiple meanings in Brasil.

PS. Dr. Pittella's work looks amazing. Congrats

@Fue3361

Hey there,

I am thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Thiago Bianco Leal in Brazil and see that you had one with him too, and you're really only the review I can find either here or on reddit. But I had some questions about how your procedure went if you'd be kind enough to answer them.

I filled out the request form on Dr. Bianco Leal's website and they replied over whatsapp quoting me 14,000 USD but didn't include a graft count. When I asked how many grafts would be needed they replied that Dr. Bianco Leal would decide on the day of surgery or if I went for an in person consult they could tell me. Was that the same with you? Did they give you an estimate without a graft count or did you do an in person consult before the surgery and get a count? 

Did Dr. Bianco perform all of the extractions, incisions, and implantations himself or did he have the assistance of a junior surgeon? Messaging back and forth with the clinic makes it sound like a junior surgeon will be in the room but I don't know if they will do anything, the messages are a little confusing due to the translation. Did he also have a team of techs helping him with the grafts?

Are you aware of any other patient reviews from Dr. Bianco Leal on any Brazilian forums or any other foreign language forum? I've checked out his instagram, the instagram of Smarthair Clinic, and some of the celebrities he's operated on but I can't find reviews by patients except for yours.

Thanks

11 hours ago, gingerhair said:

@Fue3361

Hey there,

I am thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Thiago Bianco Leal in Brazil and see that you had one with him too, and you're really only the review I can find either here or on reddit. But I had some questions about how your procedure went if you'd be kind enough to answer them.

I filled out the request form on Dr. Bianco Leal's website and they replied over whatsapp quoting me 14,000 USD but didn't include a graft count. When I asked how many grafts would be needed they replied that Dr. Bianco Leal would decide on the day of surgery or if I went for an in person consult they could tell me. Was that the same with you? Did they give you an estimate without a graft count or did you do an in person consult before the surgery and get a count? 

Did Dr. Bianco perform all of the extractions, incisions, and implantations himself or did he have the assistance of a junior surgeon? Messaging back and forth with the clinic makes it sound like a junior surgeon will be in the room but I don't know if they will do anything, the messages are a little confusing due to the translation. Did he also have a team of techs helping him with the grafts?

Are you aware of any other patient reviews from Dr. Bianco Leal on any Brazilian forums or any other foreign language forum? I've checked out his instagram, the instagram of Smarthair Clinic, and some of the celebrities he's operated on but I can't find reviews by patients except for yours.

Thanks

Sure, I can answer those.

1.  They don't give a graft estimate.  So basically, when you show up to him on day of surgery, that's where he plans the surgery, sees your donor, sees how many grafts you need/should use and plans out the hairline and everything.  Day of surgery he'll do whatever he considers "best" for your case, regardless of what you paid.  Thiago most likely has no idea what you paid.  His philosophy is "this is today's patient. I'll do the best I can for him".  He has a separate team that deals with payments, and they simply make an educated guess on "how much work" they suspect you'll need and charge based on that.  For example, they might have suspected I might need 2k grafts. But when i showed up to surgery, I spent quite some time convincing Thiago to go for a more aggressive hairline and I ended up getting at least a good 800+ grafts than he would have gone for if I didn't ask, but I wasn't charged any extra.  

2.  Thiago does all the extractions and incisions, to the best of my knowledge.  I say this, because you're fully asleep for the whole surgery, so I couldn't "remember" what he did exactly.  He doesn't do the implantations.  He has a very large group of techs working on sorting grafts, loading grafts into pens, and implanting the grafts into the slits he made.  I believe the team working on me was a total of 10 people.  I personally think this is better, as the grafts are out of the body for a very short period of time.  He does the incisions first, then the extractions, so the grafts are pretty much immediately getting put back into the head after havign been removed.  

3.  14k USD sounds about right.  I'm not sure though if this includes the anesthesiologist (you have one accompanying and monitoring vitals for the whole surgery).  I believe it was around 500 USD for me.  Also, I don't know if this would include the consult, if you were to opt for one.

4.  Pretty hard to find reviews of ANY Brazilian HT clinic, I've never found a good place for them.  Pittella is the only one you'll really find reviews on, because he's affiliated with these forums and obviously lets his patients know that they can post here.  There is a recent case of a guy on reddit who made a thread of his HT at Smart Hair (Thiago's sister clinic), but that's not Thiago's work, but a doctor trained by Thiago.

Hope that helps.  Any other question, let me know.

• Like 1

Check out my journey here:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Valued Contributor

@Arilso Liebmann

You are right on track brother ...you will see more growth and density in upcoming months....it would be exciting to follow your progress...keep updating 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

Looking great 4 months 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So basically Pitella’s strategy is to use a very high graft count relative to the persons hair loss and not recommend finasteride? Bold strategy. I haven’t seen 10-20 year post surgery results from Pitella but that would be very interesting to see how well that strategy holds up in practice. Anyway, good luck Op and happy growing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...