6 month plus 1 week update pictures.

wantego

This month I cut all my hair EXCEPT the transplanted grafts. Good news is I did not see my scar at all. Bad news is I'm horrible at cutting hair so it looked kind of goofy long in front and short everywhere else. Also my transplanted hair is much darker than my other graying hair. Its not a great look with 2 different colors. Once I'm out of my ultra cautious period (LOL that may last 12 months) I will use some just for men to make it all one color. I took the pictures this morning with my hair not really having any style to it but oh well. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words guys. One day I will go to a real barber and get a real hair cut so it has some style. I'm hoping for more growth and more thickening in the next 6 months but so far so good as I always say. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Nary a hint of hairloss.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

want- you look great and the difference is very clear from last month, even though you said you couldn't see a difference.

I think you can move on from being so careful. It is your hair now and it is not going anywhere. Get yourself a proffessional cut and enjoy the thick head of hair you have...and more growing and thickening to come!!

I am super jealous!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Your hair is insane! I can't believe how thick and full it looks in the one shot where it's up and swept back. Forget Steve Martin, get a chin implant and you could double as Jey Leno w/that poofy hair; actually you've got more hair than him too!

how does it feel to go from a balded man, to looking like you belong in the inner circles of some masculine, testosterone driven Latino club? Bull fighting, or maryache music holds in the future perhaps? Glute implants a la Beverly Hills for the former & BHT for a long sweeping 'stache a la umar for the latter. Free tickets to the bull fighting would be a nice consolation

for the advise.

Originally posted by Eman:

want- you look great and the difference is very clear from last month, even though you said you couldn't see a difference.

I think you can move on from being so careful. It is your hair now and it is not going anywhere. Get yourself a proffessional cut and enjoy the thick head of hair you have...and more growing and thickening to come!!

I am super jealous!

LOL you know me...I'm super cautious. Maybe get a real hair cut by the 8th month. icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Benedict Arnold:

how does it feel to go from a balded man, to looking like you belong in the inner circles of some masculine, testosterone driven Latino club?

I will let you know if I get there. I'm not there yet but I'm definitely feeling better about my hair. Thanks for the nice comments. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego,

Wow! The difference in your appearance is HUGE! Its only been 6 months and you look like you never experienced any hair loss to begin with. I'm blown away by your results and can only hope that my 6 month results are close to yours in terms of thickness, fullness and coverage. And theres more thickening to come....very inspiring.

Dr. Rahal - 4069 Grafts - December 11, 2008

1's - 720, 2's - 2197, 3's - 1152 = Total Hair - 8570

Proscar 1 mg - Rogaine 5% - Nizoral 1% (3 times a week)

My Hair Loss WebLog

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. They make me feel good. I'm happy with my progress so far but I do not think my hair is as thick as the pictures may make it appear. Please keep in mind I'm not complaining at all. I just want to be upfront and honest. It does makes me feel pretty good that I do not have to wear a hat anymore. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by Eman:

You are no longer "hairing" like me, you are officially "maning", as in the likes of a horses mane!!

Come out my way and I will buy you a beer and cut that thick head of hair (now that I have a little more practice icon_biggrin.gif)! No one is going to recognize you...

LOL Eman. Are you winter hairing now? icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested I posted some new pics today. I'm at 6 months and 3 weeks today.

I used just for men to take out some gray on my non transplanted hair. I also parted my hair more in the middle like when I was a kid instead of to the side. I need a real hair cut and style, lol. icon_smile.gif

My 2 concerns right now are:

1. 2 dime size spots developing in my crown area

2. I may have jinxed myself by saying I have a lot more hair than my younger cousin in some pictures. I always worry about bad karma. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Wantego,

I would say your results look fantastic!

It must be nice to have your face framed once again. Looks good!

1. As for the crown.. are you thinking of another HT?

2. I think you are safe to make a few jokes and not have to work about karma lol

Cheers

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

Originally posted by canadian_buba:

Wantego,

I would say your results look fantastic!

It must be nice to have your face framed once again. Looks good!

1. As for the crown.. are you thinking of another HT?

2. I think you are safe to make a few jokes and not have to work about karma lol

Cheers

Thanks Buba!!! icon_smile.gif

1. I'm not thinking of anything else at this time. The 2 spots are pretty small in my crown and I'm hoping they will be covered when my hair grows longer. I think more work for such small areas could be counter productive. Maybe I will do something years from now but for now I'm just going to let my hair grow. icon_smile.gif

2. I'm very paranoid about jinxing myself or getting bad karma. It wasnt even a joke. More like an excited comparison. I didnt used to be this way as a kid. I dont know when it started, lol. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I see your results and it makes me feel like the hairline design I got is utter fail.

I tried to get the doctor to incorporate some of those elements, he even drew some temple closure, but didnt actually plant any grafts in it.

Just goes to show what 100% yield, good hairline design, and good characteristics will achieve. I spent 15K for what is essentially a combover.

Mochi thanks for the kind words. icon_smile.gif

The Emperor I appreciate your comments as well. I think sometimes we are our own worse critics. Do you have pictures posted? I'm hoping your look is better than what you may think. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Want- just got back to a computer and saw your update. WOW!!!

Like TheKMan said and I think I said earlier, no cutting or your own hair, no barber...A stylist.

Is your hair getting too thick? Those dime size spots you see are from staring at the mirror too long wondering how your hair got so thick.

Looking good and as always, jealous!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...