Dr Path and hotels in bangkok

ultimate

Hi,

After so much research on this great forum i have decided to go to Dr Path from UK to Thailand. My surgery date is in about three weeks.

I have not booked hotel or my flight yet and need to do it now, within a day or two. But i do want to make sure i stay in the right place so that im able to travel to the clinic comfortably as well as see Bangkok!

As i plan on staying about two weeks i want to make the most of it and not just sit in the hotel room every day.

So, to all those fellow brothers who have had experience in bangkok, can you please recommned hotels with good facilities including internet, massage, shopping, sightseeing, or anything else that i must see or do while im there!

Dr path clinic have sent me details of some local hotels but its always good to hear from this community.

Much appreciated.

way to go ultimate

good choice - you wont regret it

The hotel I stayed at in december which was near the surgery unfortunately has now closed to make way for redevelopment.

Realistically as long as your hotel is reasonably close to a sky train station its fairly easy-(as the train system runs like clock work in Bangkok- on a par with London's underground-which in my experience 10 years ago was very impressive) to walk from Ari station to the clinic . However be guided by Dr pat or his staff re- hotel: Another brother in touch from the UK mentioned The loft hotel -it looks good -reasonably priced and heres the link I was provided with www.bangkokloftinn.com. Best of luck with your surgery- if you want any further info - id be glad to assist

Hi Ultimate, I suggest senaplace hotel, one of those recommended by Dr Path. The price is good (1300 baht per night) and its about 15 min walk, maybe less from Dr Paths surgery. I tried to book in there 2 days before my op but it was full so you need to book it in advance. It looks like a 5-10 minute walk or so to the sky train station. I stayed my first night at Karnmanee but wasnt that impressed so i moved to my house hotel, the same one Mich used, but as he said it was closing in december 09. The karnmanee was a 20 minute walk to dr paths and the senaplace hotel is closer than karnmanee. I wanted to be close to the surgery so I could walk there. good luck mate. You'll enjoy Bangkok. Its a very interesting place. cheers

sunny

Thanks Mich and Sunny for your recommendations.

Both hotels are close to sky train. But i think sena place looks more closer to the clinic.

Anybody else care to share their experience in Bangkok hotels or places?

@Ultimate - I haven't been to Bangkok yet, and I am pretty much in the same state as you - looking for hotels. However so far, I haven't read many good reviews hotels near Dr. Path's Clinic

Somehow, Sena Place Hotel doesn't seem to have that great reviews on the net. Although, I haven't stayed ever- I might be wrong.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Sho...tml#CHECK_RATES_CONT

I plan to visit Bangkok in May, which would make the days pretty hot - so venturing out before evenings does not seem to be an option. On the other hand, with the HT - I am not sure if I want to stay too far away from Dr. Path's clinic either. My budget is around $60/day.

Has anyone stayed at the Royal View Resort Rangnam? (it has decent reviews).

@Mich - Bangkok Loft Inn also sounds fabulous. It has some pretty awesome reviews. Would you know how far it is from Dr. Path's clinic?

Btw, dont know if you have this list of hotels near Dr. Path's clinic. Prices in braces are at best indicative

1. Mido Hotel (1400 - 1600 Bahts/day)

2. Karnmanee Hotel (1400 Bahts/day)

3. Sofitel Centrara Grand (3700 Bahts/day)

4. Siam City Hotel (125 USD/day)

5. Grand Tower Inn rama

6. Sena Place (1800 Bahts/day)

7. Vie Hotel (3000 Bahts/day)

8. Royal View Resort (1500-1600 Bahts/day)

My Hair Loss Website

Estimate the number of grafts I need

Hi Guys

I leave next Thur for Dr Path. Booked in to the Citin Pratunum. Paying $57 Aus per night including breakfast (so long as you don't mind vegetarian). Easy walk to the markets and various malls, lots of eating places in the area. About 15-20 min walk to skytrain or the hotel runs a free tuk tuk if your not into walking. This will be my first time there but has been getting very good reviews overall. I personally wanted somewhere within easy walk to the shops, markets and food stalls and the area around Dr Paths seemed to be a bit out of the way for these facilities.

hj guys

a few others that may be worth checking out

http://www.agoda.com/pages/ago...ionSearchResult.aspx

in Chatuchak

Abloom Exclusive Serviced Apartments, Bangkok

9 Phahonyothin Soi 3 .5 km from Ari

Studio suite with breakfast $27 $USD

I bedroom superior $33. USD

Mystic Place BKK Hotel, Bangkok .7 km from Ari station ( although appears a little different)

224/5-9, 224/11-18, Pradipat rd., Phayathai,

Superior room $52.00 USD ??“breakfast

Grand Tower Inn Rama VI Hotel,

402 Soi Rewadee, Rama VI Road, Samsennai,Phayathai,

Deluxe room with breakfast $40.00 USD

looks good

My advice would be to book for 2 nights- 3 max

where ever you decide - then move on to a hotel more central in Bangkok-to enjoy the rest of your time- via The Skytrain.

It depends on the individual but I wasn't looking for luxury - just a hotel close to the clinic- where it was comfortable and where I could stay the night before and the night following. I was lucky - My House was only 800 baht a night and fine-- There are lots of hotels further along the Sky train route- still making it easy to get to Ari station - then about a 10-15 min walk to the clinic.

or- if your staying within the general area- cabs or tuk tuks -as Beach goer mentioned are fine to get you there- just allow a little extra time for the traffic - ( hotel reception should be able to organise transport from the hotel for you)

Ari is a good suburb in Bangkok-lots of business and many Thai's work in Ari - hence its not really concerned with the tourist trade. you will find hotels in abundance further along the skytrain system

big Allen - happy to post - just need the pre op pics from the clinic

Best of luck next week Beachgoer-

Just got back from Bangkok myself...I stayed at the Pullman Hotel (near the Victory monument)...its 2 stops away from the clinic...you can walk down to the skytrain stop (hardly a 5 minute walk) or just take the free hotel shuttle service...the cost was around THB 2500/- per night inclusive of breakfast. (They have a great spread for breakfast). Basically just takes max. 15 min. to get to the clinic so was pretty convenient. Hope this helps.

Yeah,

Victory Monument station, 2 stops away, you can either stay at Century Park Hotel, which is lovely, and also ALL Seasons.

I stayed at both, both very nice. Century Park being a bit more upscale with pool and nicer restaurant.

Taxi fare is fair at about US 3 to get to DR. Path.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

Just made a reservation in Abloom from 30th April. Will be there till May 4th.

Had shortlisted it down to the following 4 places and shared with Dr. Path. It seems Abloom is the closest among these to Dr Path's clinic - which works well for me since I would be arriving in Bangkok only on the day of the surgery

a. Grand Tower Inn Rama VI

b. Royal View Resort

c. Abloom Exclusive Apartments

(29 Phahonyothin Soi 3 Phayathai, Bangkok)

d. Mystic Place

(224/5-9, 224/11-18 Pradipat Rd., Samsennai, Phayathai, Bangkok)

My Hair Loss Website

hi missionhair, your procedure is a week after mine, im staying at the bangkok loft inn until may 3rd. my surgery day with Dr.Path is 22nd April. ive just booked 2 weeks at the loft inn as they offered a good deal, 1200 baht per night with breakfast, lovely rooms with laptop/internet and pick up/drop off at airport included with sky train just a few minutes walk away.

I was never too concerned about being on the doorstep of the clinic, just wanted a clean hotel and no fuss of changing to another.

Can anyone answer this, would it still be safe to sit out in the sun and get a tan if its hot, keeping a bandanna or hat over the grafts? bit of a silly one but im doin this without family or friends knowing and they think im off on a sunshine break....what u think guys?

Hi James

Nice to hear from someone who would be in Bangkok the same time as me. Have heard only good reviews about the Bangkok Loft Inn.

I had checked with Dr. Path on a similar query - he advised that I should stay indoors as far as possible (preferably under air conditioning), to avoid sweating too much. Remember, April-May are the hottest months in Thailand.

While, you might want to pick up a bit of tan - I would suggest you stay away as much as possible. Once you are back you can simply tell people that it was too hot to step out during the day, so you kept indoors.

Alternatively, you can also pay a visit to one of those artificial tanning places.

My Hair Loss Website

I ended up staying at the citin hotel in pratunam. Its inside a very busy shopping market / plazas etc. Its easy to get things to eat and do shopping. The hotel is excellent. Very clean with internet access. The staff are superb. In fact firsti booked it for a few days and then after the first night i extended for the whole duration.

Its not that close to BTS, but The hotel have their own tuk tuks which goes every half an hour free for guests. So getting to Dr Path was not a problem at all. three stops from the nearest BTS from citin hotel.

You only have top visit Dr Path 2/3 times.

Im on day nine now and my scabs are begining to itch and i need to shampoo now so better go.

Try searching on agoda. You might use the map feature to find out the proximity of the hotel to the clinic.

I guess hotels around Victory monument wd be convenient.

The first night I stayed at Mirth sathorn near Patpong. The next day I shifted to All Seasons Bangkok Siam Hotel as I wanted to be near the clinic. However this hotel was quite disappointing- clean and all but too drab for my liking. Had booked it for three days so had to bear it.

My last hotel was Radisson on Rama 5 on the way to the airport. This was the best of the lot but it's quite far frm the city centre. From the clinic it shd be arnd 30 mins cab drive away.

• 4 weeks later...

As people are aware, the situation is Bangkok at this point of time is slightly tricky. While this is not a situation any of us would have wished for, I would like to hear the ground reality and the suggested extent of caution from someone who is based out of Bangkok. Anyone on this forum from BKK?

I had booked Abloom Service apartments (which is just a station north of Victory Monument) for the first 3 days. Now, that Victory Monument is on the "places to avoid" list on most travel advisories - I wonder how safe it is to stay there. Any insights?

Also, I had initially planned to stay in Bangkok till May 7th (arriving on 30th, surgery scheduled on 1st). I was wondering if in view of the current situation - it makes sense to reschedule my departure for May 4th (the sutures and the stitches can probably be taken off back home). Anybody here who has tried that?

Can some experts comment/recommend?

My Hair Loss Website

iResidence Hotel is directly in front of the Chong Nonsi BTS station and in a fantastic part of town! You can book a room for under $40 on agoda.com (which is probably the best site for reservations regardless of hotel).

Good luck!

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.