Dr John Diep - 1 year result FUT - 37 y/o male

I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Diep for my hair transplant surgery, and I can confidently say that he is an exceptional surgeon. From the moment I met him, I knew that I was in good hands. Dr. Diep and his team were patient, informative, and supportive throughout the entire process.

During the 14-hour FUT procedure, Dr. Diep and his team created a warm and comfortable atmosphere that helped me to relax. Their attention to detail was impressive, and I felt confident in their abilities.

Since my surgery, I have been absolutely thrilled with the results. Dr. Diep restored the density of my hair and created a natural-looking hairline that exceeded my expectations. His expertise as a hair transplant surgeon is truly remarkable, and I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him.

Dr. Diep and his staff have been incredibly responsive and supportive throughout the entire process. They provided me with detailed post-procedure instructions and were always available to answer any questions that I had. I cannot recommend Dr. Diep highly enough for anyone who is considering a hair transplant procedure.

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the experience and results of my hair transplant surgery with Dr. Diep. He is a true artist and a skilled surgeon, and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of a hair transplant.

before.jpg

after.jpg

• Haha 1

I have a feeling this is going to be yet another Diep “patient” review that disappears after the initial post. I’m just glad they remembered not to alter his ethnicity this time around…

OP - if you’re a real poster, apologies for the skepticism. Can you please provide photos of the FUT scar immediately post-op and now? 

Same review posted on Yelp on same day, just like the other reviews that look and smell like this one. Located in Los Gatos, CA.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/medical-hair-transplant-and-aesthetics-los-gatos?hrid=e1lGhbny9y7czWzogjh9sQ&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Edit: Review was removed by Yelp.

Edited by AlexMeister21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Fantastic result, congrats!

Not at all, hairline full of multis implanted upwards and even inside the car where light is minimal the hairline is see through.

Edited by BaldV
  • Like 1

@Z-- That is understandable you guys may be skeptical, but I assure those pics are real and mine. I just used the same blue boxes on my pics since I don't want show my face 🙂 Hopefully that is understandable.

About the photos of FUT scar, I do have one right after post-op and one for after two months. See attached. The scar is barely visible now and my hair is longer make it harder to show

IMG_2147.thumb.jpg.69214fe130686644232ad4ffdb95c827.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

Edited by Mohammad A.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mohammad A. said:

@Z-- That is understandable you guys may be skeptical, but I assure those pics are real and mine. I just used the same blue boxes on my pics since I don't want show my face 🙂 Hopefully that is understandable.

About the photos of FUT scar, I do have one right after post-op and one for after two months. See attached. The scar is barely visible now and my hair is longer make it harder to show

Do you have photos of your scar now? I know Diep asks patients to send him photos of their scar 1-2 months post-op. Also, could you post another photo of your hair in different lighting, please? Interior car lighting is quite favorable. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BaldV said:

Not at all, hairline full of multis implanted upwards

no one notices multis in real life. Multis are a fake issue that are only identified in zoomed in photos by people on hair transplant forums. 

• Thumbs-down 1

11 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

no one notices multis in real life. Multis are a fake issue that are only identified in zoomed in photos by people on hair transplant forums. 

I somewhat agree with that, however with hair transplant standards, the work is subpar when you put multis pointing upwards.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mohammad A. said:

IMG_2147.thumb.jpg.69214fe130686644232ad4ffdb95c827.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

Hey thanks for confirming and congrats on the result! Looks like it’s made a big difference in appearance. 

skepticism isn’t due to you, but the clinic you went to (there’s many shady reviews). I’m glad you had a positive experience and hope the hair loss is behind you. 

• Administrators

Guys,

I understand some of you have heard/had negative experiences with this doctor, but some of these accusations are unacceptable. If he’s a genuine patient coming to share, he shouldn’t be treated like this, regardless of the surgeon. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks good.  While I’d never set foot in Diep’s clinic, this is one of his better results.  Good density, nice hairline, and seemingly excellent yield.  Enjoy the new hair.

• Like 2

Check out my journey here:

I’m 1.5 months post op from my 3rd fut procedure with Dr Diep and I can also say the service from the staff and actual surgery was fantastic. Melvin I thank you for pointing me in the right direction years ago. My life has been changed for the better! 

Edited by Skyb
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

Looks good.  While I’d never set foot in Diep’s clinic, this is one of his better results.  Good density, nice hairline, and seemingly excellent yield.  Enjoy the new hair.

How can you say this is a good hairline? Its full of triple grafts pointing upwards

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

I understand some of you have heard/had negative experiences with this doctor, but some of these accusations are unacceptable. If he’s a genuine patient coming to share, he shouldn’t be treated like this, regardless of the surgeon. 

Why did you delete my response about ChatGPT generated review? How was it offensive? We need to protect the people of this forum from this doctor.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Guys,

It's hard to feel reviews like this are genuine when there have been so many reviews with similar verbatim coming from newly joined members with no post history. Dr. Diep is a controversial surgeon and for very good reason. I obviously have had a bad experience with them and spoke with both Diep and his wife Allison for hours on the matter and all they did was defend their clinic. I don't think anyone here would want any potential patient to be subjected to a doctor that doesn't prioritize patient satisfaction or stand by their work.

Perhaps Mohammad A is a genuine patient. It really is hard to tell when verbatim and behavior is so similar to other reviews like this. As a former Diep patient, I know they ask patients to send in photos of their FUT scar and schedule a follow-up about 1-2 months after surgery. If Mohammad can supply current photos of scar and hair in different lighting, then I will apologize to him. 

• Like 4

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, BaldV said:

Why did you delete my response about ChatGPT generated review? How was it offensive? We need to protect the people of this forum from this doctor.

Because you’re making baseless accusations. That’s not acceptable. We need to protect genuine members who are sharing their reviews. This isn’t a place where you antagonize new members and make accusations towards them. If that’s what you want to do, then perhaps this isn’t the forum for you. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

It's hard to feel reviews like this are genuine when there have been so many reviews with similar verbatim coming from newly joined members with no post history. Dr. Diep is a controversial surgeon and for very good reason. I obviously have had a bad experience with them and spoke with both Diep and his wife Allison for hours on the matter and all they did was defend their clinic. I don't think anyone here would want any potential patient to be subjected to a doctor that doesn't prioritize patient satisfaction or stand by their work.

Perhaps Mohammad A is a genuine patient. It really is hard to tell when verbatim and behavior is so similar to other reviews like this. As a former Diep patient, I know they ask patients to send in photos of their FUT scar and schedule a follow-up about 1-2 months after surgery. If Mohammad can supply current photos of scar and hair in different lighting, then I will apologize to him. 

While I understand skepticism, there’s a way to go about it, before resorting to antagonizing behavior. Let’s give the benefit of the doubt and allow him some time to respond. He’s already posted some strip scar pictures.  Keep in mind, if you’re someone new to a forum and you get a bunch of people ganging up on you and downvoting you for no reason, are you likely to return? I wouldn’t. 

Let’s try and keep a fair and balanced forum where we allow members time to respond and provide additional information, if requested. Users are more likely to respond to respectful requests. Let’s all try to be civil. 

• Like 1

View my thread

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

While I understand skepticism, there’s a way to go about it, before resorting to antagonizing behavior. Let’s give the benefit of the doubt and allow him some time to respond. He’s already posted some strip scar pictures.  Keep in mind, if you’re someone new to a forum and you get a bunch of people ganging up on you and downvoting you for no reason, are you likely to return? I wouldn’t. 

Let’s try and keep a fair and balanced forum where we allow members time to respond and provide additional information, if requested. Users are more likely to respond to respectful requests. Let’s all try to be civil. 

I understand. I hope Mohammad can respond and quell all doubts. It would be nice to have another Diep patient here on the forums. However, every single Diep thread that has been created like this, the OP does not stay or respond to any further inquiries. They just stop by, drop a review and leave. Seeing that the same review has been posted on Yelp, I'm assuming the intention is the same here. Hopefully Mohammad can break that pattern.

@Melvin- Moderator Thanks for your support and kind words! I understand skepticism and hope folks understand different people may have different experience. I am sorry people had negative experience with him, but I truly shared my sincere and honest review of Dr. Diep's work. I hope this review helps people in future to have a better understanding of Dr. Diep's work and decide based on all positive and negative opinions

@AlexMeister21 Please see attaches photos. They are all taken today. As I pointed out in an earlier message, my FUT scar is barely visible after 1 year post-op. There is just one small where it is still pink and irritating time to time.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions!

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators

@Mohammad A.

Thank you for responding and sharing these additional images. I trust our community will treat you with the same respect as any other patient sharing their review.

• Like 2

View my thread

On 5/1/2023 at 7:20 PM, Mohammad A. said:

@Melvin- Moderator Thanks for your support and kind words! I understand skepticism and hope folks understand different people may have different experience. I am sorry people had negative experience with him, but I truly shared my sincere and honest review of Dr. Diep's work. I hope this review helps people in future to have a better understanding of Dr. Diep's work and decide based on all positive and negative opinions

@AlexMeister21 Please see attaches photos. They are all taken today. As I pointed out in an earlier message, my FUT scar is barely visible after 1 year post-op. There is just one small where it is still pink and irritating time to time.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions!

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

Your scar is somewhat wide-ish but manageable and you have thick hair where I'm sure it wouldn't be much of an issue. Do you have any other current photos of your hairline? How many grafts were used and how involved was Dr. Diep in your surgery? Also is there a reason why you opted for FUT over FUE?

Edited by AlexMeister21
  • Like 1