Xyon Topical Dutasteride sides

Sunset Dune

I just received the Xyon Topical Dutasteride today but on the leaflet it says the topical dutasteride can you give the same side effects as oral dutasteride and Finasteride. So what’s the point of using topical if it has the potential to give the same sides as oral? 
I am scared to take this now

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Sunset Dune said:

I just received the Xyon Topical Dutasteride today but on the leaflet it says the topical dutasteride can you give the same side effects as oral dutasteride and Finasteride. So what’s the point of using topical if it has the potential to give the same sides as oral? 

Topicals reduce the risk of side effects, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get side effects. I too was scared of using it, but after 2 months of using it 3-4x a week. I haven’t experienced any side effects, and it’s working quite nicely. If you get side effects stop using it. At least give it a try. Report back here, we need more honest and objective reviews.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Melvin- ModeratorPrior to beginning this Xyon topical Dutasteride formula a few months ago, were you taking either Finasteride or Dutasteride in the oral form?  If so, what were you experiencing that caused you to make this switch?  I'm currently taking .5mg oral Dutasteride but not experiencing any benefits so wondering if applying directly to the scalp for some of us would be more efficacious.  

• Administrators
1 hour ago, jim1973 said:

@Melvin- ModeratorPrior to beginning this Xyon topical Dutasteride formula a few months ago, were you taking either Finasteride or Dutasteride in the oral form?  If so, what were you experiencing that caused you to make this switch?  I'm currently taking .5mg oral Dutasteride but not experiencing any benefits so wondering if applying directly to the scalp for some of us would be more efficacious.  

I was not taking any anti-androgen prior to taking xyons topical dutasteride. I don’t know if you would have any benefit if you’re already using the oral version. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

It's totally worth trying. Dr Wong told me many can get amazing results from it even one application per week. Have you had side effects from 5aR inhibitors before?

21 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

It's totally worth trying. Dr Wong told me many can get amazing results from it even one application per week. Have you had side effects from 5aR inhibitors before?

Dr Hasson wants me to use the topical dutasteride everyday, I have never used any hair loss medication before. I am scared of trying the topical Dutasteride because of side effects but I really need my crown to get fixed and they say this would help with the crown and not get sides

Edited by Sunset Dune

Dr Hasson wants me to use the topical dutasteride everyday, I have never used any hair loss medication before. I am scared of trying the topical Dutasteride because of side effects but I really need my crown to get fixed and they say this would help with the crown and not get sides

if he is promising you no sides that's a bold statement. 

But a lot of HT surgeons completely deny or downplay that these medications have sexual side effects. I believe on of the doctors at eugenix told me to "have positive thoughts" and it was my negative thoughts that there causing all me side effects from fin

• Administrators

Side effects can happen, but it’s lower using it topically. If you’ve never tried medication, there’s a big chance you wouldn’t get side effects, even from the oral version. Overall, even the oral version has a low side effect profile. It’s worth trying to save your hair, if you get sides stop taking it.

• Like 2

View my thread

As someone who has had side effects from topical (Not Xyon) even I highly recommend trying it.

If I were you I would still start of once a week despite what I was told (As thats what they'd tell everybody) then go to 2x week and so on if all goes well.

You are very unlikely to get sides. I’m 3 months in using top dut for Xyon. Just not sure it is working for my hair yet. 

Hairloss began at age 23. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

No sides on oral fin. 
You will be fine. 

Oral Finasteride 1mg daily since 2006, Topical Minoxidil since 2012. Hair transplant 3,400 grafts 2019. Second hair transplant 2,400 grafts in 2023. 

On 4/25/2023 at 4:54 AM, FinallyHT said:

You are very unlikely to get sides. I’m 3 months in using top dut for Xyon. Just not sure it is working for my hair yet. 

What's your methodology for assessing its efficacy?

Do you have a hair catcher? Or a method to assess shedding?

8 hours ago, FinallyHT said:

No sides on oral fin. 
You will be fine. 

I certainly wasn't fine haha. Just wanting clarify when looking at these new topical formulas in terms of reducing sides as most people don't get them anyway . I've had side on oral and low doses of other topicals.

Personally I don't see why someone who's never had sides wouldn't just take pill. So much easier, but to each their own

I can definetly say, the topical has caused significantly less shedding.  Prior to use, I would shed tons of hair on a daily basis.  Now its just maybe 3 hairs a day.   But I'm not seeing any new hair growth yet. 

1 hour ago, FinallyHT said:

I can definetly say, the topical has caused significantly less shedding.  Prior to use, I would shed tons of hair on a daily basis.  Now its just maybe 3 hairs a day.   But I'm not seeing any new hair growth yet. 

did you have sides from topical or oral fin in the past? any sides on xyon dut?

No sides ever. Oral or topical. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FinallyHT said:

No sides ever. Oral or topical. 

you are a lucky man. im green with envy. 

i think trying topical dut is the natural choice 

• Like 1

Do you think I will see new hair regrowth? 

Thanks Dave. 

While the top dut has stopped the shedding, I also believe I lost hairs at the beginning of the use of the medication, which have not grown back. It’s been 3.5 months so far, so 6 months will be a fair assessment.