Temple restoration suggestions.

Ant763

Good afternoon everyone, I was wondering if there are options for a small fue procedure for good temples and what doctor specializes in this area. I am 32 years old and have been using rogaine in that area for about 5 years when I noticed it was starting to recede. It’s done a decent job of maintaining it but I would like to possibly restore them. I can see sort of a U shape forming on my hairline and it starting to make my forehead look bigger.  I looked up Dr Cuoto but it seems he is booked for years. Please let me know if you think this an Option for me. Thank you! 2982E34B-7574-46E0-A30C-0B75216EF078.thumb.jpeg.38db45cee6398a1d115d81fbfb04c1f8.jpeg 

D195B8A3-8DD1-47F2-9A66-41B1961BB712.jpeg

4668C021-6022-4B17-B715-330597D07ADE.jpeg

9A652E1A-589F-494C-AAD7-0AA6E5B3CA68.jpeg

0892BC81-0291-4FE4-BD6A-B65A427AF87F.jpeg

5FD29A2B-657E-4A53-A75C-74E7975CE799.jpeg

You have a good head of hair. It may be best to avoid transplanting yet unless it bothers you too much, because once you go down that route it’s hard to back out since you’ll have scars and hair growing on those temples indefinitely - even if the hair behind it continues to recede, which would look unnatural.

If you want  a transplant, consider finasteride first. As for recommendations, Couto is great. Fuegenix too. Dr Heitmann also. 

Edited by Rafael Manelli
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

You have a good head of hair. It may be best to avoid transplanting yet unless it bothers you too much, because once you go down that route it’s hard to back out since you’ll have scars and hair growing on those temples indefinitely - even if the hair behind it continues to recede, which would look unnatural.

If you want  a transplant, consider finasteride first. As for recommendations, Couto is great. Fuegenix too. Dr Heitmann also. 

Thanks how long would you wait to determine if more hair loss has slowed? And the side effects of fin have scared me, particularly the ED one I read about.

If you’re scared of the risks of finasteride, why aren’t you scared of the risks of hair transplantation?

ED is a rare side effect.

ED that continues long after the drug is discontinued is much rarer.

Hair retention is the most common effect of finasteride and it may help to try the drug for a few months to see if it works for you. If you notice side effects, they will likely subside with continued use. If you stop taking the drug, side effects will likely dissipate also.

• Like 1

I guess because I seen results from some people it seems to look better. And even someone like Kanye west who seemed to do a small temple one himself. But I could look more into that drug. It was the ED side effect mostly for me

• Valued Contributor

Its not that evry1 will get side effects from meds..less percentage of people faces side effects and suppose if you face such issues thn you cn stop using it and you will be fine...still you can take opinion of a good doctor ..from you pics it doesn't seem tht you need a surgey ..but still if are too much concerned than you can consult dr munib ahmad ..he will give you better suggestions..so talk to him once and see what he has to offer you...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

17 minutes ago, Ant763 said:

I guess because I seen results from some people it seems to look better. And even someone like Kanye west who seemed to do a small temple one himself. But I could look more into that drug. It was the ED side effect mostly for me

The problem with doing a transplant without meds is you’ll probably continue to lose hair and need more and more surgery just to keep pace 

21 hours ago, Ant763 said:

Thanks how long would you wait to determine if more hair loss has slowed? And the side effects of fin have scared me, particularly the ED one I read about.

That's the problem with majority of guys who are scared of Finasteride. 

They just simply get scared without even trying Finasteride. 

Every medicine causes some or the other side effects and Finasteride is no exception. 

There are side effects of Finasteride too and one is ED but the side effects is very rare and it's completely reversible once you stop. 

Our Generation is lucky to have a drug like Finasteride and Dutasteride which can slow down our Hair loss. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Do nothing, you have a great head of hair. Save your money and go on a vacation 🍹

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm no expert in hair restoration but Id like to present a different opinion from a doctor's perspective. Meds and surgery are different things. For Eg. I did HT to avoid being on meds forever. I'm an MD and I know what these meds could mean. Sure they may have minimal side effects but at the same time we are talking of folks in 20s and 30s being on meds forever. The list of meds will grow later in life. 

If I had hair like you and I dint want meds I may try concealers before HT (assuming you progress in future). 

Just my 2 cents. There is no perfect answer

Great brows bro:-)

Do yourself a favor and get on finasteride asap. You have a window of opportunity to restore and maintain your hairline. As with all meds evaluate the side effects if any and look to reduce the dose if required.

On 4/23/2023 at 2:15 PM, A_4_Archan said:

Its not that evry1 will get side effects from meds..less percentage of people faces side effects and suppose if you face such issues thn you cn stop using it and you will be fine...still you can take opinion of a good doctor ..from you pics it doesn't seem tht you need a surgey ..but still if are too much concerned than you can consult dr munib ahmad ..he will give you better suggestions..so talk to him once and see what he has to offer you...

I just asked him and he responded saying he’d do it but his price was insane! Lol

7 hours ago, Beamerboy said:

I'm no expert in hair restoration but Id like to present a different opinion from a doctor's perspective. Meds and surgery are different things. For Eg. I did HT to avoid being on meds forever. I'm an MD and I know what these meds could mean. Sure they may have minimal side effects but at the same time we are talking of folks in 20s and 30s being on meds forever. The list of meds will grow later in life. 

If I had hair like you and I dint want meds I may try concealers before HT (assuming you progress in future). 

Just my 2 cents. There is no perfect answer

That is true I never thought about that I’d have to take those meds forever 

2 hours ago, stephcurry30 said:

OP,  you're hair is legit perfect. Do nothing. Every member on this forum would die for your head of hair. 

Thanks boss! Just feeling self conscious as it’s not what it was before

5 hours ago, NikosHair said:

Great brows bro:-)

Do yourself a favor and get on finasteride asap. You have a window of opportunity to restore and maintain your hairline. As with all meds evaluate the side effects if any and look to reduce the dose if required.

Thanks man lol I’ll have to do more research on it for sure. Just been self conscious about the hairline going back

11 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do nothing, you have a great head of hair. Save your money and go on a vacation 🍹

Thank you I may be overthinking it but it’s not what it once was as a 20 year old

• Valued Contributor

Practically no one at the age of 32 would be like they were at 20...so i think you are over thinking ....but imo actually its good that you thought about it before it gone worst...imho you dont need surgery at the moment ....you should first try non surgical options ..you can be on oral minoxidil, finasteride and biotin plus ketoconazol shampoo twice a week after consulting a good doctor ...and you can use hair fibres when you need it.....yeh dr ahmad's prices would be high bt he is worth it....and if you wanna check out someone who is reasonably priced than check out dr de freitas ....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023