Dr. Resul Yaman/ February 2023/ 4100 Grafts

Lirti

On 12/18/2023 at 10:39 PM, xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx said:

I don't think this is a huge definite improvement. I think MPB is advancing and he may need more aggressive routine. Looking at this - for example, 8 month to 10 month. If you don't look at the combover pic, this actually looks worse. Frontal third looks great but midscalp should look better since there was a considerable amount of grafts placed. This has me worried about my upcoming results too..

weird.PNG

I agree with you, even though I use minoxidil, saw palmetto and biotin. I'm worried that if I stop this the results will get worse.

1 hour ago, Lirti said:

Thank you. The appearance has really improved. But you should evaluate ht by the amount of hair grown, and there are very few of them, especially in the middle area. Previously, I posted a photo with a ruler, there you can estimate the real density, it is no more than 50% of the transplanted grafts and is significantly lower than the clinic’s promises. This means that half of the grafts were simply thrown into the trash.

well in the frontal third the growth is really good. In the midscalp you did not have high density but an average one during the implantation. In the midscalp your growth might be around 80%, but we cant talk about numbers if we dont count all the grafts in the recipient area...you had a large area to cover and with 4100 grafts you cant expect miracles.

Overall i think that your result is decent considering your huge hair loss problem, and your appearence has improved a lot. With the second hair transplant you will be even more satisfied! 😀

Edited by wembley

On 12/25/2023 at 9:15 PM, Ajamilo said:

Have you consulted other doctors regarding your second surgery? 

this is a another bad result from Yaman and  from the photos I guess meaby  30% growth of the 4000 grafts he implanted and wasted 

On 12/25/2023 at 9:32 PM, wembley said:

well in the frontal third the growth is really good. In the midscalp you did not have high density but an average one during the implantation. In the midscalp your growth might be around 80%, but we cant talk about numbers if we dont count all the grafts in the recipient area...you had a large area to cover and with 4100 grafts you cant expect miracles.

Overall i think that your result is decent considering your huge hair loss problem, and your appearence has improved a lot. With the second hair transplant you will be even more satisfied! 😀

You differ greatly in your estimates - 30 and 80%, I think that the truth is somewhere in the middle.
I have not yet contacted other doctors; I first wanted to hear the final assessment of the result from Dr. Yaman. But, unfortunately, the doctor's representative stopped responding to my last monthly report. At 11 months I will try to contact the clinic again.

• 1 month later...

Report for 11 months.

I continue to use minxidil 5%, saw palmetto and biotin, but after 7-8 months I have not seen any significant changes for the better. Dr. Yaman looked at my photos and believes that I need a second session, which will cost $2,350. Dr. Yaman thinks that the result seems bad only because I have thin hair. This is very strange, because during the examination before the operation, Dr. Yaman said that I have very good and strong hair, which is excellent for HT. Starting from the 7th month, the clinic representative convinced me not to worry, that if the result did not improve, the doctor would fix everything. I still plan to have a second HT, but I still can’t decide on a clinic. I was ready to go a second time to Dr. Yaman, but it was important for me to hear from him the reasons for such a low survival rate of the first session, some kind of analysis, and how this could be corrected the second time. But this did not happen; the clinic representative simply stopped answering my questions, which was very unpleasant.

I'm a little late with my 11 month report. Very soon it will be a year since my HT with Dr. Yaman. I plan to make a more detailed report and post more photos so that the real density is clearly visible.

IMG_20240119_091238.jpg

IMG_20240119_091315.jpg

IMG_20240119_091413.jpg

• Sad 1

Are you in finasteride? You still got a good donar for 2nd session but make sure to do more research and choose the right dr who knows the correct approach . If you don’t grow beard you can also use it as a donar . 

I think it is very disingenuous of the clinic to tell you that before the transplant you have great hair and then, rather than take any responsibility, blame your less-than-satisfactory result on thin hair so the clinic has no responsibility. The fact that you are still using minoxidil means that the actual results from the transplant will deteriorate if you stop using minoxidil. However, your situation has improved considerably, particularly when you style your hair, and a second operation will improve it even more. Just make sure you chose your surgeon wisely for your second HT. Also investigate whether Finasteride will help your situation going forward.

Unfortunately this is not a great result. I looked at your post-op pics and in my opinion this is poor planning by Yaman.

You had 4100 grafts, and some of those 4100 grafts were placed diffusely across your mid-scalp which is making the mid-scalp look very thin and visually not too much different than before. They never should have done it like that, instead they should have focused density up front only for the first surgery.

You are essentially a NW6, going into NW7, so you were always going to need about 9-12k+ grafts for decent coverage (which means at least 2 if not 3 surgeries unless you go to a wizard like Pittella or Zarev).

Edited by Ccd99
  • Like 2

well i think your result is not bad considering your level of hairloss (norwood 6 to norwood 7). You had a huge area to cover and with 4100 grafts you can't expect miracles, since you would need at least 9000 grafts for good coverage...as you can see in the post op photo, the density of grafts is lower in the midscalp, which is why your result looks denser on the front and less dense in the midscalp which is normal. You didnt touch crown too.

Also when you comb your hairs to the back it looks better, because the frontal third has better density so there is more illusion of density...

So i do think your result is good enough considering the huge area of your scalp and the small amount of grafts for that area. With the second hair transplant for the crown and by adding desnityto the midscalp it will look overall better. 

IMG-20221229-175021jpgf19498990a.jpg

Edited by wembley

On 2/13/2024 at 9:38 PM, Kamran10 said:

Are you in finasteride? You still got a good donar for 2nd session but make sure to do more research and choose the right dr who knows the correct approach . If you don’t grow beard you can also use it as a donar . 

I have never taken finasteride. I really want to do a second session and have already chosen several doctors. I hope the second time the choice will be more successful.

On 2/16/2024 at 5:23 PM, wembley said:

well i think your result is not bad considering your level of hairloss (norwood 6 to norwood 7). You had a huge area to cover and with 4100 grafts you can't expect miracles, since you would need at least 9000 grafts for good coverage...as you can see in the post op photo, the density of grafts is lower in the midscalp, which is why your result looks denser on the front and less dense in the midscalp which is normal. You didnt touch crown too.

Also when you comb your hairs to the back it looks better, because the frontal third has better density so there is more illusion of density...

So i do think your result is good enough considering the huge area of your scalp and the small amount of grafts for that area. With the second hair transplant for the crown and by adding desnityto the midscalp it will look overall better. 

IMG-20221229-175021jpgf19498990a.jpg

I think you are comparing not entirely correct photos. Here is a photo exactly a month before HT. Here my hair is about the same length as it is now and combed. Apart from the front line, nothing has changed. That is, I spent time, money, and most importantly, grafts that can never be returned and received almost nothing in return. You are right, I have a large area of baldness. But I have seen many examples on this forum with the same but much better results, sometimes even with fewer grafts.
But what raises even more questions for me is not the bad result, but the behavior of the clinic in this situation - they refuse their own words and simply ignore it further. I think this says a lot about the status of Dr. Yaman's clinic. And there are a lot of people like me on this forum.

IMG_20221214_205926.jpg

On 2/16/2024 at 5:17 PM, Ccd99 said:

Unfortunately this is not a great result. I looked at your post-op pics and in my opinion this is poor planning by Yaman.

You had 4100 grafts, and some of those 4100 grafts were placed diffusely across your mid-scalp which is making the mid-scalp look very thin and visually not too much different than before. They never should have done it like that, instead they should have focused density up front only for the first surgery.

You are essentially a NW6, going into NW7, so you were always going to need about 9-12k+ grafts for decent coverage (which means at least 2 if not 3 surgeries unless you go to a wizard like Pittella or Zarev).

I completely agree with you, but unfortunately, I don’t have 9-12 thousand grafts, the maximum that I have left is 2-3 thousand. Therefore, it is very important not to make a mistake in choosing a doctor during the second session.

On 2/13/2024 at 6:22 PM, Lirti said:

Report for 11 months.

I continue to use minxidil 5%, saw palmetto and biotin, but after 7-8 months I have not seen any significant changes for the better. Dr. Yaman looked at my photos and believes that I need a second session, which will cost $2,350. Dr. Yaman thinks that the result seems bad only because I have thin hair. This is very strange, because during the examination before the operation, Dr. Yaman said that I have very good and strong hair, which is excellent for HT. Starting from the 7th month, the clinic representative convinced me not to worry, that if the result did not improve, the doctor would fix everything. I still plan to have a second HT, but I still can’t decide on a clinic. I was ready to go a second time to Dr. Yaman, but it was important for me to hear from him the reasons for such a low survival rate of the first session, some kind of analysis, and how this could be corrected the second time. But this did not happen; the clinic representative simply stopped answering my questions, which was very unpleasant.

I'm a little late with my 11 month report. Very soon it will be a year since my HT with Dr. Yaman. I plan to make a more detailed report and post more photos so that the real density is clearly visible.

IMG_20240119_091238.jpg

IMG_20240119_091315.jpg

IMG_20240119_091413.jpg

The same thing happened to me; initially, excellent donor area and hair, but in the end, they blamed thin hair for the failed transplant. I never received an explanation for the poor results, and they didn't make an effort to provide one.

A few days ago, a friend was at Yaman's, and he told me they now perform 4 surgeries per day 😳😳

People start working at 8 in the morning and continue until 9 in the evening. How can they achieve quality results with such a schedule?! It seems like it's just another hair transplant famr now, so I recommend everyone to explore other options. I believe you can find much more quality clinics in Turkey for the same money.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ms_paint said:

The same thing happened to me; initially, excellent donor area and hair, but in the end, they blamed thin hair for the failed transplant. I never received an explanation for the poor results, and they didn't make an effort to provide one.

A few days ago, a friend was at Yaman's, and he told me they now perform 4 surgeries per day 😳😳

People start working at 8 in the morning and continue until 9 in the evening. How can they achieve quality results with such a schedule?! It seems like it's just another hair transplant famr now, so I recommend everyone to explore other options. I believe you can find much more quality clinics in Turkey for the same money.

You are right, I am surprised that Dr. Yaman continues to be recommended on this forum. Could you tell me which doctors you mean? The doctors I like now are much more expensive than Dr. Yaman.

• 1 month later...

One year after HT.
There is a lot that can be said, but I will try to present the results of my HT with Dr. Yaman as briefly and informatively as possible.
Liked:
transfer: met at the airport, taken to the hotel, from the hotel to the clinic. Comfortable and spacious Mercedes. Included in the cost of the HT, no additional payment is required;
hotel: comfortable room, breakfast included. It is not far from the clinic. Included in the cost of the HT, no additional payment is required;
front line design: the design was developed by Dr. Yaman himself, I think he did it perfectly, the creation of the front line suits me, it looks quite natural;
donor area: I think that after removing 4100 grafts my donor area looks good and a second HT is possible;
translator: nice girl, answered all questions and helped as much as possible.
Did not like:
survival rate of grafts: the most important thing is the survival rate of hair. The doctor promised 30 at the top of the head, 35 in the front line, in the photo with the ruler you can see that there is not even half of this. This is the biggest factor why I consider HT a failure.
The operation lasted more than 9 hours, which I consider a very long time. A very long break for lunch, about 2 hours. After lunch, I waited in the operating room for about an hour for the doctor’s assistants to continue. I don’t know how long grafts can remain in the refrigerator, but perhaps this is one of the reasons for the poor results. 
guarantee: there is simply no guarantee, this is a marketing ploy, no one will return your money or fix anything. Under any pretext they will tell you that you yourself are to blame for the failure. The certificate itself was sent to me only when I had already returned home, only after I reminded about it. They didn’t give it to me right away, because on the second day Dr. Yaman was not at the clinic;
doctor's assistants: people are constantly changing in the operating room. I couldn’t see everything, but I counted at least three assistants who performed the operation on me. I asked the translator why so many people change, to which I was told that all the doctor’s assistants are trained and can do everything. I really didn’t like that in the operating room the assistants constantly used their personal phones; I think this is unacceptable, as it is bacteria and dirt. This shouldn't happen;
support after HT: during the first 10 months they responded quite quickly, but almost always the same thing - “don’t worry, everything is fine, if something goes wrong, we will fix everything under warranty.” When it became clear that the result was bad, they simply stopped responding.
Now I understand that I was hasty in my choice, I did not pay attention to the bad results of Dr. Yaman on this forum, I hoped that this would not affect me. I was attracted by the fairly low price and the recommendations of this forum.
I really want to do a second HT, but I haven’t chosen a doctor yet. I hope that the second time I will make the right choice and my situation can still be improved.

IMG_20221229_174604 готово.jpg

IMG_20221229_174721готово.jpg

IMG_20221229_175021 готово.jpg

IMG_20240225_185137.jpg

IMG_20240225_185825.jpg

• Sad 1

I am sorry to see how this turned out but cudos for being so detailed and help other people avoid Yaman.

Gur has nice results in NW6 cases like yours. Then Turan, Nader, Pinto are also choices probably worth considering.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Well you are showing us more the crown area in the photo "one year after hair transplant", while the clinic did not implant grafts on the crown.

Most grafts had been implanted implanted in the frontal area which has been changed a lot and it has good growth, and less grafts had been implanted in the midscalp thats why it looks less dense than the frontal part. You did not have hairline before, but you have now and the frontal area is quite good, while it was really bad before the procedure.
With the photo you uploaded now we cant see the result in the frontal area, where the most grafts had been implanted.
If you comb your hair backwards it will look like this and it will show difference with the pre op pics. In general yes it could be better than the result you got, but you are a norwood 6 and you need 9000 grafts for full coverage since you have a huge area to cover.

IMG-20221229-175021jpgf19498990a.jpg.5f4dd6df9bcacc2b1bd78a5621390660 (1).jpg

Edited by wembley

Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2024 at 4:23 PM, wembley said:

Well you are showing us more the crown area in the photo "one year after hair transplant", while the clinic did not implant grafts on the crown.

Most grafts had been implanted implanted in the frontal area which has been changed a lot and it has good growth, and less grafts had been implanted in the midscalp thats why it looks less dense than the frontal part. You did not have hairline before, but you have now and the frontal area is quite good, while it was really bad before the procedure.
With the photo you uploaded now we cant see the result in the frontal area, where the most grafts had been implanted.
If you comb your hair backwards it will look like this and it will show difference with the pre op pics. In general yes it could be better than the result you got, but you are a norwood 6 and you need 9000 grafts for full coverage since you have a huge area to cover.

IMG-20221229-175021jpgf19498990a.jpg.5f4dd6df9bcacc2b1bd78a5621390660 (1).jpg

The combover photo is never a good comparison to a straight down photo. I don't think graft yield is awful.. This is not @Lirti's fault for not doing a combover. Graft yield is looks rather low in the front.. Directly in the front of the hairline, in high implantation spots, there is extremely low yield here - so there might be a yield issue.

Granted, medication (maybe?) have made the result better but the patient cannot take it.

This does not look like great planning. It is the doctor's job to measure hair thickness, and assist the patient in planning and design phase.  Placing things extremely sparsely behind the hairline in a way that only works assuming 100% yield is very strange. I think this could be planned better. (why not tighten up the graft placement rather than place things extremely sparsely behind the hairline in a way that makes no visual sense? Was this a gamble on things maybe looking "okay?" like this? Could this really have looked OK with 100% yield, even?)

image.png.886f0d36a80b167673b5a7f5fba42ef9.png

Edited by xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, xXFOLICILEDOMINIONXx said:

The combover photo is never a good comparison to a straight down photo. I don't think graft yield is awful.. This is not @Lirti's fault for not doing a combover. Graft yield is looks rather low in the front.. Directly in the front of the hairline, in high implantation spots, there is extremely low yield here - so there might be a yield issue.

Granted, medication (maybe?) have made the result better but the patient cannot take it.

This is simply bad planning. If the visual effect is going to suck, it is the doctor's planning to place grafts in a way to make things look better.  Placing things extremely sparsely behind the hairline in a way that makes no visual difference is bad artistry. There is absolutely no way you can tell me that this could not have been planned better. (why not tighten up the graft placement rather than place things extremely sparsely behind the hairline in a way that makes no visual sense? Was this a gamble on things maybe looking "okay?" like this?)

I might be a failure of bad planning as well with this Dr., though it's still a little bit too early to tell it's getting to the point where my results will be locked in soon and I am not hopeful.

image.png.886f0d36a80b167673b5a7f5fba42ef9.png

In the 1 year before-after comparison that he made we cant see the hairline with panoramic view and he showed us more the crown area where the doctor did not implant grafts there...
the hairline has quite good growth and behind the hairline the grafts were implanted in lower density as it shown on the post op surgery photo. Thats why the midscalp has less density.
In general when more grafts are implanted in the frontal part in order to have better illusion of density you need to comb your hairs to the back.
This was not going to be full with one hair transplant in any way, so you cant blame for bad planning because he needs another one or two procedures to make it looks fuller. These norwood cases will never look full with just one procedure.

Edited by wembley

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 10:14 PM, Stoner said:

I am sorry to see how this turned out but cudos for being so detailed and help other people avoid Yaman.

Gur has nice results in NW6 cases like yours. Then Turan, Nader, Pinto are also choices probably worth considering.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look at the reviews about these doctors on this forum.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 3:27 AM, wembley said:

In the 1 year before-after comparison that he made we cant see the hairline with panoramic view and he showed us more the crown area where the doctor did not implant grafts there...
the hairline has quite good growth and behind the hairline the grafts were implanted in lower density as it shown on the post op surgery photo. Thats why the midscalp has less density.
In general when more grafts are implanted in the frontal part in order to have better illusion of density you need to comb your hairs to the back.
This was not going to be full with one hair transplant in any way, so you cant blame for bad planning because he needs another one or two procedures to make it looks fuller. These norwood cases will never look full with just one procedure.

Dr. Yaman promised a density of 35 grafts per centimeter in the anterior line and 30 grafts per centimeter at the top. I had hair transplanted over an area of approximately 11*12 centimeters, 4100 / 11*12 = 31 grafts per centimeter. What happened is visible in the photo with a ruler, no more than 50%.
During the second HT, it was planned to transplant hair to the top of the head, but now we need to thicken the front part, and there is no longer enough hair for the top of the head.
I also forgot to tell you that Dr. Yaman positions himself as a member of ishrs, but at the time of my HT he was not there, I was told that this was temporary, but Dr. Yaman is still not on the website.

Not bad but not good either! I hope there will be a much better result in the second session. I have seen many results where the crown is not filled in the first session, but yours looks like only the front part is filled.