Dr. Resul Yaman/ February 2023/ 4100 Grafts

Lirti

Hello everyone. On February 18, I had a transplant at the Dr. Resul Yaman clinic.
I began to notice the first signs of baldness around the age of 25, although in fact it started earlier, but it was not so noticeable.
Now I'm 34 years old, and I have 6 or 7 in Norwood. I don't drink alcohol and I don't smoke. For about two years I was going to do a retake, and finally everything coincided and I had the opportunity to carry out my plans.
I studied the forums for a long time and chose a doctor. My budget was limited to about $3,000. For this money, Dr. Resul Yaman seemed to be the most authoritative doctor.
I have seen many excellent results on this and other forums, and after consulting with clinics, I chose Dr. Resul Yaman.
Most of his results on this forum are really impressive. 2 people are made per day. The clinic has been working for a long time. The doctor himself performs an examination, makes an operation plan, then makes a PRP and opens the channels. The rest is done by a team of assistants, but the doctor regularly comes into the operating room and checks the work.
At the Airport, I was met by a driver in a comfortable Mercedes and taken to the hotel. The next day, an examination and the operation itself were scheduled.
I do not know Turkish, I do not know English very well, so on the day of the operation, I was accompanied by a translator - Rabia.
My donor zone is not big enough, so, with my degree of baldness, the doctor advised me to do two transplants in the first about 4000, the second will remain about 2500.
The operation lasted about 9 hours, with a break for rest and lunch for about an hour. They were extracted with a micromotor, landing with a DHI implant.
As everyone says, painkiller injections are really very painful, but they need to be tolerated twice for five minutes. The rest of the time just lie still, it's also quite hard, but quite bearable.
The result was 4100 follicular units. (900 single, 2100 double, 1100 multiple).
After the operation, I was given pills and taken to the hotel. I didn't sleep well, but nothing hurt and I didn't need painkillers.
The next day they washed my hair, gave me an antibiotic, edema pills, shampoo and foam for 10 days, shampoo and vitamins for half a year.
Then I went to the airport.
At home, too, I didn't have any pain, the swelling was but not big (I thought it would be more).
At the moment, I think I am happy with my choice, although there were some minor points that I did not understand. But the main conclusions need to be made much later.
Now I am in the stage of shock loss and I hope for a good result.

IMG_20221229_174604.jpg

IMG_20221229_174726.jpg

IMG_20221229_175021.jpg

IMG_20230218_104349.jpg

IMG_20230218_104414.jpg

IMG_20230218_195207.jpg

IMG_20230221_145317.jpg

IMG_20230221_145323.jpg

IMG_20230224_113211.jpg

IMG_20230224_124557.jpg

IMG_20230310_175452.jpg

IMG_20230310_175517.jpg

Edited by Lirti
  • Like 1

It has been 2 months since the hair transplant. During this time, all the transplanted hair fell out.
I noticed that some of the transplanted hairs grew (especially in the front line), then fell out, others did not begin to grow. I don't know if that means they won't survive.
By the end of the second month, acne began to appear. I heard it happens when the hair starts to grow. Some pimples are big enough, I don't know if they can damage the follicle.
I also noticed short hair and black dots on the head, as if hair was starting to grow there.
Could it be new hair or broken old hair? Otherwise, everything is going according to schedule, the donor zone is being restored. Hope it starts growing soon.

IMG_20230423_192610.jpg

IMG_20230422_110156.jpg

IMG_20230423_192601.jpg

Edited by Lirti

• 1 month later...

Report for three months and one week. I started to notice small hairs, but so far there are very few of them. A little more hair falls out, I don’t know if this is still a shock loss or new hair is already falling out. Otherwise, there were no significant changes compared to the second month. I really hope that by the fourth month active growth will begin.

IMG_20230522_083245.jpg

IMG_20230528_184203.jpg

IMG_20230531_180502.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fourth month report. Unfortunately, no changes have taken place during this time. Hair growth never started, although the clinic said that after the third month it should begin. I told the consultant about this, they answered me that sometimes this happens, you need to continue drinking vitamins and growth will begin soon.

IMG_20230615_204927.jpg

IMG_20230615_205016.jpg

IMG_20230615_205110.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 3:38 AM, MFR84 said:

Hey man. Hoping you’ve seen some growth since you posted this as you head into month 5. Just wondering if you’re on any medications?

Hi. I haven't noticed any significant growth yet. I only take vitamins that were given to me in the clinic for half a year. There were no further recommendations. In two weeks I will post a report for 5 months, I hope that some changes will be visible there.

Edited by Lirti

15 hours ago, Lirti said:

Hi. I haven't noticed any significant growth yet. I only take vitamins that were given to me in the clinic for half a year. There were no further recommendations. In two weeks I will post a report for 5 months, I hope that some changes will be visible there.

Have you considered Minoxidil or Finasteride? I’m no expert, but wondering if that would help you stimulate some growth. Hoping you see some good results! I’m going to Dr. Yaman soon and I’m very nervous. I started Finasteride, topical Minoxidil, and laser cap with Capillus not too long ago in prep for my HT. I’m wondering if any of those will help you. 

On 7/5/2023 at 2:52 AM, MFR84 said:

Have you considered Minoxidil or Finasteride? I’m no expert, but wondering if that would help you stimulate some growth. Hoping you see some good results! I’m going to Dr. Yaman soon and I’m very nervous. I started Finasteride, topical Minoxidil, and laser cap with Capillus not too long ago in prep for my HT. I’m wondering if any of those will help you. 

On 7/5/2023 at 10:14 AM, Jackdaniels said:

Minoxidil helps to speed up growth in hair transplants. So I think you should start minoxidil. Together with finasteride if you want. 

I have seen that minoxidil is used in combination with a derma roller after HT. But I am in touch with the clinic and fully comply with all their recommendations. After the fourth month, I clarified this question again, and they answered me that everything was fine with me and I didn’t need to take anything extra, just continue to drink vitamins.

I have heard that minoxidil should be stopped a month before a HT, as it increases the blood supply to the head and this can lead to unnecessary blood loss during the transplant. It is better to clarify this issue with Dr. Yaman.

• 2 weeks later...

Report for 5 months. There is a slight increase in the front line, otherwise, I did not notice any significant changes. Judging by the length, what is now there is hair that began to grow at 2-3 months, and now it is getting longer. At the moment, I almost do not observe new short hair. Dr. Yaman believes that this is 45-50% and we still have to wait. I do not want to get upset ahead of time, but I understand that the probability of a good result is very low.

IMG_20230712_145912.jpg

IMG_20230712_145950.jpg

IMG_20230712_150213.jpg

Definitely you selected the doctor after seeing results and following him. I hope the end results will be great. At the end of the 5th month, one should expect only 30% results. But I can assess after seeing your post op photo, your frontalline density will be good and the mid scalp area would be less dense and the scalp would be visible. Hope for the best as the doctor is experienced and talented. 

Dr. Ahmad Chaudhry

Cosmo Derma clinic 

Lahore Pakistan 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:23 PM, AhmadChaudhry said:

Definitely you selected the doctor after seeing results and following him. I hope the end results will be great. At the end of the 5th month, one should expect only 30% results. But I can assess after seeing your post op photo, your frontalline density will be good and the mid scalp area would be less dense and the scalp would be visible. Hope for the best as the doctor is experienced and talented. 

I agree with you, Dr. Yaman is an excellent doctor. But even the best doctors fail. When I decided to do HT, I understood that with my degree of baldness it would not be possible to achieve high density, and I would need a second HT. But so far the hair is even smaller than I expected. In any case, it is too early to draw conclusions, you need to be patient for a few more months.

Hello! Hope you are happy and growing.

I went to Yaman myself in february, but I only had 2.5k grafts for my front. 

What was your experience with the clinic and the steps of the surgery? I Ask because I am beggining to be skeptical about my result by various reasons. Before I continue Id like to point out that Yaman poked the wholes while his «technicians» did the extraction and placement. What bothers me is that I think at least 3 technicians was involved in the placement. 

Anyways, my concerns are

1. Im still red, kinda like you, but I also have cobblestones. I hope these will soften with the redness as my scalp aint fully healed yet. Im also turning up my use of bepanthen and aloe vera as my scalp is pretty dry.

2. i got several multigrafts in the hairline, with especially one being horribly placed. If these gets removed my density seems fine as per month 5.5.

3. They did an harsh job on the extraction. I also observer Yaman to be a bit surpriced by the look of it. Bur thats my observation he obviously didnt make a deal out of it. Now if i use 16mm it seems kinda patchy unfortunately.. I really hope that this is due to the harsh extraction and that my donor heals properly. I think its lowkey kinda red so fingers crossed.

To summarize I am very skeptical about the clinic and the technicians they have come to use. My result by this time, 5.5 months, is under doubt, but its still time for these problems to fix itself I hope. If not Im pretty sure its an result of bad craftmanship, and that is unacceptable. 

Anyways best wishes for both of us, and Id be happy to hear more about your experience. 

Edited by The only one

Hello. Indeed, the extraction and landing were carried out by Dr. Yaman's assistants, but this was known in advance, so I do not see a problem in this. My redness went away after about 4 months. At the moment, everything has healed and there are no traces of HT left. The only thing that worries me is very weak hair growth. I think it's too early to talk about failure, you have to wait at least 8 months and then draw conclusions and look for reasons. If by that time the result is bad, then Dr. Yaman himself should name the reasons, since he is responsible for the result. In the meantime, we all have patience and good growth!

21 hours ago, Lirti said:

Hello. Indeed, the extraction and landing were carried out by Dr. Yaman's assistants, but this was known in advance, so I do not see a problem in this. My redness went away after about 4 months. At the moment, everything has healed and there are no traces of HT left. The only thing that worries me is very weak hair growth. I think it's too early to talk about failure, you have to wait at least 8 months and then draw conclusions and look for reasons. If by that time the result is bad, then Dr. Yaman himself should name the reasons, since he is responsible for the result. In the meantime, we all have patience and good growth!

You’re absolutely right. Interesting to hear from someone else with Yaman early this year. I asked for the price of Yaman doing the whole process, but that wasnt an option. My only consern is the use of multiple assistans, and that some of them where quite young. But anyways time will tell, and its growing at least. 

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Report for six months. I did not have time to make a report on time, but I prepared photos taken exactly for 6 months. Half a year is the time to sum up the intermediate results, so I tried to make the report a little more detailed. Unfortunately, there have been no significant improvements. The hair becomes thicker and longer, this makes the appearance better, but new hair has not appeared during this time. If there is a certain density in the front line, then at the top there are areas where there is not a single hair per square centimeter. That is, there is no talk of any promised 30-35 grafts per centimeter. I am attaching a photo for comparison before the operation and the result for 6 months. I tried to take a photo with a ruler, so that it would be clear that at the top of the head the density is very low.
I ran out of vitamins that were given out at the clinic. Dr. Yaman told me to continue drinking saw palmetto and biotin. Also. The doctor agreed that the growth is really weak, but in any case, you need to wait 12 months. If by 12 months I am not satisfied with the result, they promised to fix it. I still hope that the result will be better and have not yet decided whether I will have a second operation. But the fact that Dr. Yaman is ready to admit a bad result and is ready to correct it, I respect.
I will be very grateful for your comments.

1.jpg

IMG_20230821_195306.jpg

IMG_20230821_195553.jpg

IMG_20230821_195721.jpg

IMG_20230821_195825.jpg

I am very sorry to hear your bad experience - I am also booked with Dr Yaman for a HT in 2 weeks. It seems there have been a number of poor results posted here in the last few months. 

I would  be great if @Dr Resul Yaman could provide some comments or feedback. As I think a few people that are planning HT with him are getting very nervous. 

4 hours ago, Lirti said:

Report for six months. I did not have time to make a report on time, but I prepared photos taken exactly for 6 months. Half a year is the time to sum up the intermediate results, so I tried to make the report a little more detailed. Unfortunately, there have been no significant improvements. The hair becomes thicker and longer, this makes the appearance better, but new hair has not appeared during this time. If there is a certain density in the front line, then at the top there are areas where there is not a single hair per square centimeter. That is, there is no talk of any promised 30-35 grafts per centimeter. I am attaching a photo for comparison before the operation and the result for 6 months. I tried to take a photo with a ruler, so that it would be clear that at the top of the head the density is very low.
I ran out of vitamins that were given out at the clinic. Dr. Yaman told me to continue drinking saw palmetto and biotin. Also. The doctor agreed that the growth is really weak, but in any case, you need to wait 12 months. If by 12 months I am not satisfied with the result, they promised to fix it. I still hope that the result will be better and have not yet decided whether I will have a second operation. But the fact that Dr. Yaman is ready to admit a bad result and is ready to correct it, I respect.
I will be very grateful for your comments.

1.jpg

IMG_20230821_195306.jpg

IMG_20230821_195553.jpg

IMG_20230821_195721.jpg

IMG_20230821_195825.jpg

On 6 months you cant make judjements...You still have plenty of time till 12 months. Be patients as it seems that you are a late grower...