Dr. Resul Yaman/ February 2023/ 4100 Grafts

Lirti

21 hours ago, DavidJ said:

I am very sorry to hear your bad experience - I am also booked with Dr Yaman for a HT in 2 weeks. It seems there have been a number of poor results posted here in the last few months. 

I would  be great if @Dr Resul Yaman could provide some comments or feedback. As I think a few people that are planning HT with him are getting very nervous. 

Yes, I've seen several bad results on this forum around the same time. If I understand correctly, Dr. Yaman is aware of this situation and is monitoring every patient.

21 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Updates? 

You’re not on medication? 

For half a year I took vitamins that were given to me at the clinic. I am currently taking saw palmetto and biotin as recommended by Dr. Yaman. Today, the doctor's representative recommended that I start using Minoxidil 5%.

Edited by Lirti

21 hours ago, Gramatik said:

On 6 months you cant make judjements...You still have plenty of time till 12 months. Be patients as it seems that you are a late grower...

You are right, I have to wait 12 months. I am worried that after the 5th month I almost do not see new hair.

6 hours ago, Malledive said:

You have the same issue with cobblestoning like me after HT @Dr Resul Yaman. They told me 'it is my skin that is so sensitive' - looks more like technical mistakes here since you have it as well 

Perhaps it is difficult for me to name the reasons. Dr. Yaman has a lot of experience, he is monitoring the situation and I hope he knows what to do.

• Valued Contributor

@Lirti

I can understand you concern but sometimes some people are slow growers and take more time to show growth than others,if the situation remains same after 8 months than its surely concerning ...so just hold on for a bit more and i hope evrythng start getting better...good that you have started using minoxidil which can help you with this...best of luck...

• Confused 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

4 hours ago, Lirti said:

For half a year I took vitamins that were given to me at the clinic. I am currently taking saw palmetto and biotin as recommended by Dr. Yaman. Today, the doctor's representative recommended that I start using Minoxidil 5%.

You can flush saw palmetto down the toilet, it doesn’t do anything for hairs. The only vitamin that’s important is Vitamin D, have you checked your vit d levels to make sure they’re good? If your vitamin D levels are deficient, it can cause hair loss and interfere with hair growth so keep it in check. 

On 9/6/2023 at 12:21 AM, A_4_Archan said:

@Lirti

I can understand you concern but sometimes some people are slow growers and take more time to show growth than others,if the situation remains same after 8 months than its surely concerning ...so just hold on for a bit more and i hope evrythng start getting better...good that you have started using minoxidil which can help you with this...best of luck...

Thanks for support. I really hope minoxidil will help.

On 9/6/2023 at 4:08 AM, Turkhair said:

You can flush saw palmetto down the toilet, it doesn’t do anything for hairs. The only vitamin that’s important is Vitamin D, have you checked your vit d levels to make sure they’re good? If your vitamin D levels are deficient, it can cause hair loss and interfere with hair growth so keep it in check. 

Thanks for the advice, but I am following Dr. Yaman's recommendations. There were no recommendations about vitamin D

• 1 month later...

Eight month report. I have been using minoxidil for 1.5 months, drinking saw palmetto and biotin for 2 months. But no miracle happened, there was no more hair, the density remained very low. The hair is longer and thicker, resulting in a better overall look. The hair has become healthier, shiny, easier to comb (the photo shows how you can comb your hair in different directions and the hair does not stick out as before). The doctor's representative said to wait a year and continue taking minoxidil, saw palmetto and biotin. I will wait and hope that it will be even better.

IMG_20231023_175747.jpg

IMG_20231023_175815.jpg

IMG_20231023_180003.jpg

IMG_20231023_180111.jpg

IMG_20231023_180155.jpg

Edited by Lirti
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 9:09 PM, consequence said:

Are you able to get a scalp biopsy?

Are you on finasteride, dutasteride, ketoconazole, oral minoxidil?

Can you get PRP?

Hello. No, I haven't tried any of this. After 6 months, the doctor prescribed me minoxidil 5%, saw palmetto and biotin. Before that, I took vitamins that were given out at the clinic.

• 2 weeks later...

I am at Day 7 and nowhere an expert. 

@Lirti, I thought I would chip in to share the medication my surgeon prescribed to me:
- oral finasteride 1.25mg / day

- oral minoxidil 2.5mg / day

Dr also recommended me to take Vitamin D and Zinc as additional supplements. (Absolute Hair Clinic, Dr Ratchathorn).

Stay positive as this is a long journey for all of us.

On 12/11/2023 at 7:08 AM, romeo_gent said:

I am at Day 7 and nowhere an expert. 

@Lirti, I thought I would chip in to share the medication my surgeon prescribed to me:
- oral finasteride 1.25mg / day

- oral minoxidil 2.5mg / day

Dr also recommended me to take Vitamin D and Zinc as additional supplements. (Absolute Hair Clinic, Dr Ratchathorn).

Stay positive as this is a long journey for all of us.

Thank you for your attention. Oral finasteride and minoxidil have side effects, I don't want to take the risk. Dr. Yaman told me before the transplantation that finasteride and minoxidil are not needed, a good result will be without them.
You have planted almost as many grafts as I have, but from the photo it seems that there are more, they look denser. I hope you have excellent results, the main thing is patience.

On 12/11/2023 at 4:13 AM, BaldDude said:

Update?

On 12/11/2023 at 5:59 AM, BillyHopkins88 said:

Hoping things have improved ? 🙂

Thank you for your attention. I'll try to post a 10 month report this coming weekend.

10 month report. I continue to take biotin and saw palmetto and apply minoxidil 5%. I didn't notice any more hair or any new short hair. But I began to like the overall look more. In the photo, the hair is combed forward to better show the real thickness. I usually don’t go like this, I comb my hair to the side, it looks quite acceptable. Despite the fact that the result of the first HT is not what I expected and the reasons why it did not turn out to be a good result are not clear, I am already thinking about the second HT. In my opinion, the donor area looks quite good. Dr. Yaman said that there should be approximately 2000 grafts left for the second HT. This is not enough, and I don’t know if I should try to thicken it, which didn’t work the first time, or replant it on the top of my head. In general, I began to like the look in the mirror much more than before the HT, so I don’t regret at all that I made the decision and I really hope that after the second HT it will be even better.

IMG_20231217_194734.jpg

IMG_20231217_194826.jpg

IMG_20231217_195112.jpg

• Like 1

well i think your result is good enough considering your level of hairloss (norwood 6). You had a huge area to cover and with 4100 grafts you cant expect miracles...as you can see in the post op photo, the density of grafts is lower in the back, which is why your result looks denser on the front.
So i do think your result is good and with the second hair transplant for the crown and by addind some grafts to the midscalp it will look perfect. Enjoy your new appearence ! 😀

image (17).jpg

Edited by wembley
  • Like 1

I don't think this is a huge definite improvement. I think MPB is advancing and he may need more aggressive routine. Looking at this - for example, 8 month to 10 month. If you don't look at the combover pic, this actually looks worse. Frontal third looks great but midscalp should look better since there was a considerable amount of grafts placed. This has me worried about my upcoming results too..

weird.PNG

• Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 8:21 PM, wembley said:

well i think your result is good enough considering your level of hairloss (norwood 6). You had a huge area to cover and with 4100 grafts you cant expect miracles...as you can see in the post op photo, the density of grafts is lower in the back, which is why your result looks denser on the front.
So i do think your result is good and with the second hair transplant for the crown and by addind some grafts to the midscalp it will look perfect. Enjoy your new appearence ! 😀

image (17).jpg

Thank you. The appearance has really improved. But you should evaluate ht by the amount of hair grown, and there are very few of them, especially in the middle area. Previously, I posted a photo with a ruler, there you can estimate the real density, it is no more than 50% of the transplanted grafts and is significantly lower than the clinic’s promises. This means that half of the grafts were simply thrown into the trash.

Edited by Lirti