Hi all Im a Norwood 6/7 , is there any chance of a hair transplant for me ? Been on min fin and dermaroller for 6 months with very little results to be honest. it's basicly stayed the same. Would fut be better than fue for me that's even if I'm a candidate ? Thankyou

Screenshot_20230416-170333.png

Screenshot_20230416-170340.png

Screenshot_20230416-170345.png

Screenshot_20230416-170421.png

Difficult call, with extensive loss and what appears to be dropping lateral humps then it’s not going to be easy to get decent coverage.

Could be possible depending on who you choose and you’re goal/expectation. Definitely not a one and done though. It’s going to need to be supplemented with BHT. Won’t be a easy case though, have you tried shaving it off? Suits some people and always worth a try ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ultimately, it depends on what results you are looking to achieve. The more modest a restoration you are willing to compromise with, then potentially, the higher the likelihood of candidacy. 

You look pretty young, so the extensiveness of your loss relative to your age isn’t ideal - and I don’t detect huge density in your facial hair in order to be utilised as a donor resource, which again stacks up things that are going against you just now. 

If you are open to it, I would recommend doing an online consult with  Dr Sergio Vaño for his medical recommendations - he will likely recommend 0.5mg daily dutasteride and 5mg daily oral minoxidil - which as of now, are the two most powerful hair loss medications available . . And there are plenty of case studies of people in your position and further gone, with pretty dramatic reversals.
You would have to be motivated and at peace with starting the regime, and will need to wait for at least 12 months before making judgement on the next step. 

All depends on your appetite for regaining your hair, and how far you’re prepared to go - but by no means are you a lost hope. There are options available to you. 

Good luck 

• Thanks 1
  • Face Palm 1

I want to add - it would be far better if you let your hair grow out for another 2-3 weeks from this length to give better judgement of the current state of your donor (short and fair coloured hair makes it hard to ascertain the density). 

From these pics - I would hedge a bet that you are in the transition between a NW5 going onto NW6. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Curious25 said:

I want to add - it would be far better if you let your hair grow out for another 2-3 weeks from this length to give better judgement of the current state of your donor (short and fair coloured hair makes it hard to ascertain the density). 

From these pics - I would hedge a bet that you are in the transition between a NW5 going onto NW6. 

Agreed, was just typing that, any consultations will also be asking for it to see it grown out a little.

• Thanks 1

Hi thankyou both for that 🙂 yea I was actually considering switching to dutasteride and oral minoxidil , Oral minoxidil does slightly worry me though as I suffer with heart palpitations already due to anxiety. I'm 35 years old but look younger 😄 and yes I can't grow a beard unfortunately it's very thin, I do have a hairy chest but it's very curly. I live in England but I'm willing to travel , would love to go to somewhere like Hasson and wong or Dr zarev or even eugenix but there way out of my budget unfortunately it would take me years and years to save 😄 was looking at Dr apaydin in Turkey for a fut fue combo to gain maximum coverage

Honestly if you had good beard then I would have said yes.

but all is not lost. Please add donor photos as per the requirements mentioned above by other users. If your donor is good /decent then you can take one approach: 

1)you can do 1st procedure for frontal and mid-scalp with a conservative hairline. 
2)use oral minox and topical dutasteride and see if atleast crown gets improvement by just meds. 
3)Then do second procedure (after a good gap to let your scalp heal), fill in the frontal and mid-scalp even more.. 

reason i ask you to skip crown is because with the amount of dip crown has (from 1st photo it looks like it will dip a lot more than it already has) , its not beneficial to add grafts there. If you have to sacrifice one are then sacrifice crown. Don’t do third procedure as with crown gone , the depletion in donor will be quite visible.

Note if your donor turns it out to be bad then go for SMP. Some people look good with it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BillyHopkins88 said:

Hi thankyou both for that 🙂 yea I was actually considering switching to dutasteride and oral minoxidil , Oral minoxidil does slightly worry me though as I suffer with heart palpitations already due to anxiety. I'm 35 years old but look younger 😄 and yes I can't grow a beard unfortunately it's very thin, I do have a hairy chest but it's very curly. I live in England but I'm willing to travel , would love to go to somewhere like Hasson and wong or Dr zarev or even eugenix but there way out of my budget unfortunately it would take me years and years to save 😄 was looking at Dr apaydin in Turkey for a fut fue combo to gain maximum coverage

With oral minoxidil out, it becomes tougher.  That would have helped your donor a lot. Reason I suggested surgery even if you are having decent donor(probably ) was oral minoxidil.
Chest hair is tricky. If it matches your  scalp hair texture then it becomes easy but them being curly will make it look obvious. And their survival rate is slightly low. 

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

You should grow your hair a bit more and than click pics of the donor than it can be properly judged ....bdw you cn go for a ht if you keep your goals in check ...consult dr zarev and dr pittela ..they are best when i comes to high nw cases...

And if its not bothering too much thn just shave it off and enjoy...or can do a smp from a better artist ...

Edited by A_4_Archan

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

6 hours ago, Bandit90 said:

Your level of balding and hair characteristics are very similar to  @paddyirishman  who underwent a hair transplant a few years back at Eugenix. Worth checking out his thread for sure!    

Sorry mate eugenix is way out of my price range even id be saving for a decade 🤣 there world class though for sure

5 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

You should grow your hair a bit more and than click pics of the donor than it can be properly judged ....bdw you cn go for a ht if you keep your goals in check ...consult dr zarev and dr pittela ..they are best when i comes to high nw cases...

And if its not bothering too much thn just shave it off and enjoy...or can do a smp from a better artist ...

Thanks mate but Dr zarev is way out of budget I really would be saving for years. I feel like I don't belong in this group 😂🤣 there all elite World class mega money surgeons 😄 Hes world class though that's for sure thankyou anyway

• Administrators

Honestly, keep shaving. You look good with a shaved head, and with your budget you’ll likely get botched. The reality is that you need a lot of grafts, and someone who specializes in high Norwoods. That’s Zarev, Eugenix, pittella, none are cheap. End of the day, you look good shaved. I would do nothing. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

You would have to have all of your ducks in a row. You would need to be an excellent responder to meds, have realistic expectations on what can be achieved, have a beard that you are happy to mostly lose and the money to afford Dr Sethi, Dr Pittella, etc, if they believe you are a candidate. You do have the perfect head shape to shave and SMP is always another option too. I wish you well.

• Like 1

I would recommend to talk to Hattingen (Dr. Muresanu). I am a Facial Plastic Surgeon myself, and he is honestly one of the best in these cases.

Edited by Havar

Hi all thankyou for all your replys I really do appreciate it 🙂 the only affordable ones in reach for me right now who's results are ok are Dr Turan and Dr Gur in turkey. I no 90% of clinics out there are shocking I've done some research 😄 Honestly I would love to go to any of the surgeons mentioned here I've seen there results World class is the only way to describe them. I may switch to dut and oral minoxidil in the mean time while thinking of ways I could save more and earn more . if it comes to it worst case scenario I'm comftable carrying on shaving my head now it's just a shame I never got on medication 15 years ago very stupid on my part I never looked into it untill it was to late. I've still got some fight in me though so IL switch meds and think of how I can afford any surgeons mentioned here 🙂

• Like 1
  • Well Done 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 8:51 PM, Bandit90 said:

Your level of balding and hair characteristics are very similar to  @paddyirishman  who underwent a hair transplant a few years back at Eugenix. Worth checking out his thread for sure!    

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out. Here I looked online for the best writing services since I had an essay assignment to finish. I discovered this website https://letsgradeit.com/best-dissertation-writing-services/ where I may read reviews of many websites that help me write essays and browse through them to help me pick the best one.

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out.

• Thanks 1