Interest in a Repair HT. This is the 2 HT, no room for mistakes.Please help

Hello,

I am seeking answers and recommendations from the community.

I have had an HT with Dr Cinik, the HT is a complete failure only 30% to 40% of the 4000 grafts have grew, many of them are kinky and fine due to trauma.

Anyways I am looking to repair this mess, can you please help me to find a surgeon that will most likely minimize the transection rate and Yield higher growth and also will protect the donor supply for a third HT in the future.

Do you guys know if Dr Yaman, Dr Bicer and Dr Sethi are reputable for High Yield or I should go with the top tier 1 Dr W&H or Bisanga

What about Dr Rahal and Dr Mwamba.

Since I had a bad experience from turkey and I am not planing to go there unless I am convinced that Yaman or Bicer can have high yield surgery.

Final question, is it important that the surgeron do the whole procedure or the technicians can be as good as them.

I am looking to restore the crown and Frontal part, I would be very happy only with coverage not full density

Thanks and Regards,

Screenshot_20230329_125642_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20230329_125603_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20230329_125455_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20230329_125531_Snapchat.jpg

Screenshot_20230329_125512_Snapchat.jpg

You’d be best visiting a dermatologist and having some blood work done first to try and figure out why the first HT wasn’t a success.

Only once you’ve eliminated all possible other reasons and you’re certain it’s the surgeons fault should you book another transplant. 

• Like 1

I am really sorry for what happend to you. How is your donor now? And do you have a dense beard? 
I think you have to combine it together because u have already used up 4000 grafts from your donor area now 

Edited by Ajamilo

33 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

You’d be best visiting a dermatologist and having some blood work done first to try and figure out why the first HT wasn’t a success.

Only once you’ve eliminated all possible other reasons and you’re certain it’s the surgeons fault should you book another transplant. 

I have already went to a dermatologist, he saw my scalp said it a beautiful MPB, also some hair grew, I think it was botched by technician in Turkey

19 minutes ago, Maballack said:

I have already went to a dermatologist, he saw my scalp said it a beautiful MPB, also some hair grew, I think it was botched by technician in Turkey

Ok well if you’ve exhausted other possible reasons then yes of course repair work is the next step. You’ve still got some growth so it isn’t a complete failure and one I am sure a decent Dr can work with.

The more Dr involvement the better but they don’t have to carry out every part of the process if the techs are skilled enough. Certain stages however such as incisions id expect and want the Dr to do this.

I’m 6 months on from surgery for the same area with Bicer, my journey so far is in another topic on here if you want to take a look for reference. I’d recommend her without doubt but mine was a first transplant so not sure what she’s like for repairs

Given your case I’d search for repair jobs on the forum and see if any are close to your own situation. Have you reached out to many clinics?

12 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Ok well if you’ve exhausted other possible reasons then yes of course repair work is the next step. You’ve still got some growth so it isn’t a complete failure and one I am sure a decent Dr can work with.

The more Dr involvement the better but they don’t have to carry out every part of the process if the techs are skilled enough. Certain stages however such as incisions id expect and want the Dr to do this.

I’m 6 months on from surgery for the same area with Bicer, my journey so far is in another topic on here if you want to take a look for reference. I’d recommend her without doubt but mine was a first transplant so not sure what she’s like for repairs

Given your case I’d search for repair jobs on the forum and see if any are close to your own situation. Have you reached out to many clinics?

I have reached to a couple clinics and waiting feedback.

Do you know if Dr. BICER AND DR. YAMAN are reputable doctor who do the majority of the work ?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Maballack said:

I have reached to a couple clinics and waiting feedback.

Do you know if Dr. BICER AND DR. YAMAN are reputable doctor who do the majority of the work ?

Thanks

Bicer is heavily involved from start to finish.

She designed my hairline after an indepth pre op consolation on the day (we’d previously discussed it during initial consultation too). Harvesting collecting is done by her a 2 techs, Incisions exclusively by her. Putting the grafts into the holes is done by techs but she’s close by.

Unsure on Yaman but he’s got plenty of threads on here so im sure someone who has had work done by him will be able to advise?

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ITA said:

@MaballakDo you have any pics of how the grafts were placed?

No I have no pics from the transplant, the transplant was looking good except some double et triples on hair line, no shockloss, but then growth yield was mediocre. I think Cinik technicians are butchers anyway the yield might be in 40% 50% not 95%

• Administrators

Repairs are not going to be cheap. They’re difficult, the doctor doesn’t have a fresh slate. Also, keep in mind, a repair can fail also. There’s no guarantees. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Repairs are not going to be cheap. They’re difficult, the doctor doesn’t have a fresh slate. Also, keep in mind, a repair can fail also. There’s no guarantees. 

Melvin, Thanks for your feedback,

That's why I would like to go with the best surgeon for yield growth and minimize trauma and transection. What are the top 3 in your mind for this task ?

Regards

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Maballack said:

For repairs, I’ve always thought Dr. Cooley, Dr. Konior, Dr. Mwamba, and Dr. Bisanga were solid choices.  

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 4/6/2023 at 10:04 PM, Rawkerboi said:

Dr. Patrick Mwamba and Dr. Pradeep Sethi should be in your list. 

Have you consulted any of these two? 

Dr. Sethi is very well known for complex repair procedure 

Indeed, I might go with Dr. MWAMBA

seems that non virgin scalp is complicated due to scarring and disrupted blood supply.

Regards,

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
48 minutes ago, Maballack said:

Hi guys,

Can you give feedback on whether Unshaven vs Shaven HT could impact growth Yield

Thanks

Yes, unshaven could have a negative impact on the yield. It's better to bite the bullet and shave.

View my thread

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Bucky O Hair said:

Really?  How?

View my thread