Results 4000 FUT Dr. Bisanga

11 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Why did you opt for fut

Because FUE was too new and most doctors had more experience with FUT for large sessions. I was promised hair on the top of my head and a thin scar at the back of my head (not until my temples as he did). None of these promises were kept.

There are barely 20 hairs on each temple. Growing at weird driections. For the frontal parts, the average is 10 hairs per square cenimeter, at some place there is only 2 hairs per square centimerer. Much lower than 40 grafts per square centimeter i was promised. As for the vertex, there are barely 50-100 hairs

One of the worst scars i've ever seen to be honest. However, to be fair the surgery was 13 years ago. A lot has changed in the industry since then. I'm not a fan of Bisanga. He implants in rows and often lacks irregularity, which is insane to me for an "elite" doctor. 

1 hour ago, Berik said:

One of the worst scars i've ever seen to be honest. However, to be fair the surgery was 13 years ago. A lot has changed in the industry since then. I'm not a fan of Bisanga. He implants in rows and often lacks irregularity, which is insane to me for an "elite" doctor. 

A lot has changed? Bisanga keeps offering FUT and some people even end up with worse scars. Here is a patient who had a FUT with Bisanga in 2018. I came across other people who also experienced terrible scars from him. The other doctors i have talked to in Belgium told me they have a lot of repair patients from Bisanga. All this is unacceptable. 

Screenshot_20230326-131104_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230402-132451_Gallery.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

This is a heartbreaking result. I'm sorry. Do you have a plan? Do you know how many grafts you have left? 

A plan? My life has been a mess since 2010. I might consider FUE into the scar but the results are not guaranteed. And most doctors ask a lot of money for repair cases.

1 hour ago, Berik said:

What exactly has changed in FUT in the past 13 years? The fact it was done that long ago is not an excuse.

This patient's life has been devastated by a failed surgery that left him looking worse than he did before. Thankfully Bisanga gave him a refund, but there is no repairing the damage, and no attempt by BHR to repair it.

One of the worst Bisanga results I've seen. But you must focus on the future. It doesn't help to dwell on the past and languish endlessly. We will try to help if we can. 

49 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

What exactly has changed in FUT in the past 13 years? The fact it was done that long ago is not an excuse.

This patient's life has been devastated by a failed surgery that left him looking worse than he did before. Thankfully Bisanga gave him a refund, but there is no repairing the damage, and no attempt by BHR to repair it.

One of the worst Bisanga results I've seen. But you must focus on the future. It doesn't help to dwell on the past and languish endlessly. We will try to help if we can. 

Thanks for your support.

In 2012 he said he would help me until the end. He tried 100 grafts in the scar and some SMP (which made the scar look worse) some years ago. I met him again in January but told me this time that i had to pay for any repair work. He said that the scar was part of the surgery (even if it clearly states on their website that it will be thin and nearly undetectable, and he never told me that it would be on the sides of my head) and that the growth on top is not bad. After seeing other bad scars from him, i have lost all my confidence in him.

10 hours ago, Namur1980 said:

I know. But his promise was very clear. A guaranteed surgery with 98% survival rate. And a thi scar almost invisible with short hair. I know that i go scammed but many other patients have similar cases with Bisanga. When is this going to end?

Screenshot_20230402-085445_Gallery.jpg

I see. It’s going to end when you and the other patients who were unsatisfied with their bad results and bad fut scars with dr Bisanga share their experiences on forums like this. 

So people will learn about these cases and avoid the same mistakes…

Edited by Belve

It would be easier to comment with immediate pre and post op photos, but to summarise; 

- given the placement of your FUT scar, it is right in the sweet spot in terms of a ‘safe zone’, so regardless of whether you have taken medication or not, you’d still expect to see more hair on the top of your head 13 years on than what you appear to have now 

-scar is bad 

-your native hair loss has seemingly progressed , which dramatises your current situation now compared to your pre op photos in 2010

-Hair restoration surgery in 2010 (regardless of clinic) was unfortunately not what it is today, that goes for both FUT and FUE 

-the comments regarding other Bisanga patients you know with unsatisfactory results, and other surgeons claiming to have lots of former repair patients of his should be dismissed as hearsay until they come online and speak for themselves providing evidence 

-you should be able to ask for an official statement from the clinic on this thread, as there are two or three very active BHR reps who regularly post on this forum, 

I hope you find peace eventually, in whatever form that may be. At least you got a refund, which I know doesn’t make up for how you have felt or must currently feel now, but it is still a small victory in this industry as very rarely do clinics actually follow through with a refund. 

Good luck! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

It would be easier to comment with immediate pre and post op photos, but to summarise; 

- given the placement of your FUT scar, it is right in the sweet spot in terms of a ‘safe zone’, so regardless of whether you have taken medication or not, you’d still expect to see more hair on the top of your head 13 years on than what you appear to have now 

-scar is bad 

-your native hair loss has seemingly progressed , which dramatises your current situation now compared to your pre op photos in 2010

-Hair restoration surgery in 2010 (regardless of clinic) was unfortunately not what it is today, that goes for both FUT and FUE 

-the comments regarding other Bisanga patients you know with unsatisfactory results, and other surgeons claiming to have lots of former repair patients of his should be dismissed as hearsay until they come online and speak for themselves providing evidence 

-you should be able to ask for an official statement from the clinic on this thread, as there are two or three very active BHR reps who regularly post on this forum, 

I hope you find peace eventually, in whatever form that may be. At least you got a refund, which I know doesn’t make up for how you have felt or must currently feel now, but it is still a small victory in this industry as very rarely do clinics actually follow through with a refund. 

Good luck! 

^ perfect summary, FUT scar is poor, pencil thin like scars unfortunately are not a given, especially back then. 

1 hour ago, Belve said:

I see. It’s going to end when you and the other patients who were unsatisfied with their bad results and bad fut scars share their experiences on forums like this. So people will learn about these cases. 

Well, most  people who go through depression and anxiety never share their experiences here. HT doctors are perfectly aware of that.

As for Bisanga, he perfectly knows that his FUT surgeries never end up with "almost invisible scars even with short hair" (as stated on his website). He knew in 2012 that i had been suffering from severe depression and anxiety, and that i quit my studies and my job. Despite that, he keeps offering FUT surgeries with false hopes. As a result, more people are suffering from his long and wide scars and go into endless depressions. As a doctor, as a human being, how can you keep making money knowing how devastating the consequences can be? We are not talking about isolated cases here as i have witnessed several cases myself online. And even if it were some isolated cases, destroying a person's life should never be put at stake. But it's obvious that many doctors in this industry don't have moral values.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

-scar is bad 

Good luck! 

Thanks for your message and support.

The FUT scar being right in the sweet spot (safe zone)....i guess i should be thankful that he did something good.

I guess you do realize that most people that had an unsuccessful HT and go through depression never post on forums. Other people just don't post on forums. Other people contact the clinic and settle an agreement. In conclusion, most bad cases don't end up in forums. If i managed to find posts of 2 other people who experienced the same results as myself, then it means that there are many people out there who experienced bad results from Bisanga. My definition of a doctor is someone who helps people, not someone who makes their situation much worse.

As for an official statement from the BHR reps. I talked several times to Bisanga's staff. At first they said i was a "late bloomer", then they said big surgeries are not suitable for me and that i should go for surgeries of max 1500 grafts, then they performed a biopsy of my scalp but nothing came out of it. Lately i asked them what really went wrong but i never got an official reply.

13 hours ago, Namur1980 said:

Because FUE was too new and most doctors had more experience with FUT for large sessions. I was promised hair on the top of my head and a thin scar at the back of my head (not until my temples as he did). None of these promises were kept.

What did you expect? It looks like you stopped any preventive medication 

14 hours ago, Namur1980 said:

I got a refund in 2012. But that doesn't take away the huge scar nor all the depression and anxiety i have been going through. Bisanga knows that many of his patients end up with big scars and poor growth. Why is he still offering FUT today?? Pretending to be someone with only good results and charging patients premium prices

I agree. Money doesnt take away the huge ugly scar and all the depression that Dr Bisanga caused you with this poor result. High paid doctors usually hide their bad results and show only their good ones. So thats useful for the community that you shared with us your bad experience with dr Bisanga.

Edited by BaldGuy

9 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

I agree. Money doesnt take away the huge ugly scar and all the depression that Dr Bisanga caused you with this poor result. High paid doctors usually hide their bad results and show only their good ones. So thats useful for the community that you shared with us your bad experience with dr Bisanga.

You are right. Being a so called "top" doctor is not all about producing good results, it's about being good at hiding the bad results. HT doctors should be transparent about the results and should have the obligation to post all their results on their website, even the very bad ones.

• Administrators

I’ve been notified that this case may be going the legal route.  That goes beyond the scope of this forum. I’m locking this topic to protect all parties.

The clinic provided a refund, which is rarely ever done. But in my opinion, shows they were not happy with these results either. I’m not sure you could ask much more from a clinic. No surgery is guaranteed. Even the best strip surgeons have stretched scars. This is an unfortunate situation by all accounts.

I believe Curious25 summed it up well

given the placement of your FUT scar, it is right in the sweet spot in terms of a ‘safe zone’, so regardless of whether you have taken medication or not, you’d still expect to see more hair on the top of your head 13 years on than what you appear to have now 

-scar is bad 

-Hair restoration surgery in 2010 (regardless of clinic) was unfortunately not what it is today, that goes for both FUTand FUE 

-the comments regarding other Bisanga patients you know with unsatisfactory results, and other surgeons claiming to have lots of former repair patients of his should be dismissed as hearsay until they come online and speak for themselves providing evidence .

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.