Dr. Gary Perrault (Beverly Hills)

ATM

Can anyone give me any feedback on Dr. Gary Perrault in Beverly Hills. I have heard he is one of the best in the world but very discreet. There is virtually no information available about him on the net. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone give me any feedback on Dr. Gary Perrault in Beverly Hills. I have heard he is one of the best in the world but very discreet. There is virtually no information available about him on the net. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

No information anywhere = No transparency.

Personally, I would avoid this clinic at all costs. We call this the information age for a reason. People share their experiences about everything these days, including hair transplants.

Spend some time on this site and learn just how transparent the recommended docs are on this site. You will be far more knowledgeable and be able to make a better decision in the long run, I promise!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks for your insights, Eman. That was my initial feeling, too. But he has come recommended from a contact within the medical community. But I do find it VERY strange that there is not 1 review of his anywhere on the internet. It has left me puzzled.

Not that I know of. He was recommended to me as someone who had a lot of high profile patients and was extremely competent and yet very discreet. During out consultation he was nothing if not completely professional, patient and curteous. He emphasised how he did only one patient a day and hand-sewed up the donor strip with great precision -- he estimated an hour just to sew up the donor area. That seemed pretty meticulous to me. Based on the consultation he seemed brilliant -- but I just can't find anyone who has ever reviewed his work on the web. It's crazy!

I know you will struggle with this decision. But struggle with choosing the best doc available to you, not some clinic where you cannot find any information about. It is simply not worth it in the long run. The heartache you have with your hairloss now will only be exacerbated by having a bad procedure and needing repairs.

Take time on this site and research. There are a lot of awesome docs recommended here...choose one of them!

• Like 1

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Thanks. I will continue with my research.

One more positive point about Perrault, that I forgot to mention, was that he doesn't charge for your initial consultation and is very patient and thorough answering all your questions.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I had several procedures with Dr. Gary Perrault in Beverly Hills. He's brilliant and the best there is. He was a board certified surgeon before moving into hair replacement surgery, so is probably one of the most qualified doctors in the field. You don't read much about him because his patients are the Hollywood elite, and other rich and famous people, and he gets all his business through those connections. Despite that, he's very down-to-earth.

Its true that he takes only one patient per day, and does a very thorough and meticulous job on each. For example, it takes him over an hour to map out changes to a hairline. As a sculpture, he understands how to fit a hairline to a face. By comparison, at Bosley, its an assembly line and each doc does about 6 procedures a day.

I had an advanced balding pattern, about a 6 or 7, and at the initial consultation, he under promised, but after several procedures over several years, I was amazed how good I looked. He really under promised and over delivered.

Each procedure will cost you around 10 bills and you can only do one procedure every two or three years, in order for it to heal properly, but remember, you have only one chance to get it done right. If you can't afford the best, shave your head.

Malibu,

I'm pleased to hear about your positive experience. Please let me know if you'd like help sharing some objective "before and after" photographs with the community.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 years later...

Does anyone else in this forum have feedback on Dr. Perrault? My dermatologist strongly recommended him for hair transplant surgery and I've set up an appointment for later this month, but there are very few reviews (I could only find two) about him online.

hairla,

The first post about Dr. Perrault was 6 years ago! Then One (1) Glowing post (solicited?) almost 2 years later, then this post gets resurrected in late 2105.

A half a million posts later still no sign of the Beverly Hills Doc.

That's some exclusive club he's got going there...

• Like 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You don't read much about him because his patients are the Hollywood elite, and other rich and famous people, and he gets all his business through those connections.

Right, are you Clooney, Lucas or the late George Peppard?

I think we should be told.

"Hollywood elite" ?

That's not even remotely scalable.

Say there's 200 males in Hollywood that even qualify as "elite" and that's pushing it. How many of those men are over 25 and need surgery? Now 35? Now 45? Now those older than 55 that care? Divide that # by 12 and that's how many procedures doctor fancy pants is doing per year, and that assumes each member of this diminishing pool of Hollywood elite all require surgery at the exact same time. So let's spread that # out over 5 years, which would mean only a handful of surgeries in that time, or hundreds less than the actual elite. Not only would that make him inexperienced and altogether unknown as a result, but dead broke too.

Doesn't add up. Sorry bud.

To be fair, he also said this elite gives him leads into other rich and famous people...

But I imagine it something like this:

Gary Perrault's Office. Time has stood still for many months. Plastic coffee cups are strewn over his desk. Gary's looking at a silent phone. He undoes his tie slightly and flips through his rolodex. He picks the phone up and dials.

(The phone rings)

Gary: Hey, hey, er Bruce. It's Gary. How's it going?

(comedy high-pitch voice the audience doesn't understand)

Gary: Perrault... P. E. R. R.

Gary: So I loved your last movie, er, that...

Gary: Yeah, yeah. Sick Sense. Brilliant. Don't you think Jude Law would have been great in that?

Gary: Although he is thinning slightly, no...

Gary: Do you know Jude?

(comedy high pitch voice the audience doesn't understand)

Gary: (twirling the phone cord) Oh, nothing. No reason... I just wondered...

I had several procedures with Dr. Gary Perrault. His patients are the Hollywood elite, and other rich and famous people, and he gets all his business through those connections. Despite that, he's very down-to-earth.

Its true that he takes only one patient per day, and does a very thorough and meticulous job on each. By comparison, at Bosley, its an assembly line and each doc does about 6 procedures a day.

Each procedure will cost you around 10 bills and you can only do one procedure every two or three years, in order for it to heal properly, but remember, you have only one chance to get it done right. If you can't afford the best, shave your head.

Each doctor who does 6 procedures a day must be Superman and/ or a criminal.

There is no way you can deliver a great procedure at that rate!

A great surgeon only takes 1 or 2 patients a day.

As for "Elite" can you define that please?

"A select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society."

That word should even not exist as nobody is superior to another.

There are only great surgeons there who deliver better results than others or maybe far superior than others but qualify them as Elite is far fetched...

• 2 years later...

I just had a 1,500 follicular unit graft by Dr. Perrault performed yesterday and it was a fantastic experience.

Prior to meeting with Dr. Perrault, I met with 5 different hair restoration surgeons in New York City. For one reason or another I did not feel comfortable with any of them performing my surgery (FUT). My mother, who lives in LA, asked her plastic surgeon who he recommended for hair restoration and he said Dr. Perrault.

I arranged for a phone consultation with Dr. Perrault and sent him photos of my hair via email. He was very generous with his time during the phone-call explaining his approach to hair restoration and answering all of my questions. On this basis of this very positive experience, during a visit home from NYC I arranged to meet with Dr. Perrault in person at his office. The thoroughness of his consultation was astounding and was like nothing that I had experienced with the NYC surgeons (and I saw highly recommended surgeons in NYC).

On the basis of my positive experience I booked to have a FUT performed.

Dr. Perrault's incredible staff greeted me outside the office and from that time until I left at the end of the day I felt very well cared for. Dr. Perrault spent a great deal of time outlining the placement of the grafts and the location of the donor site excision. As a physician myself his anesthetic technique blew me away. The entire procedure was minimally painful and as I sit here typing on post-op day one I have zero pain and I haven't taken any pain medicine since last night.

His staff were uniformly cheerful and most importantly very professional. Some of his staff have assisted Dr. Perrault for over 20 years and their expertise shined in terms of the way they were able to isolate and preserve the grafts (I was able to examine them myself under the microscope) as well as make me feel very safe and comfortable throughout the day. Dr. Perrault then prepared every single recipient site.

Overall, I am left thrilled by the entire experience and feel like I made an excellent choice in choosing Dr. Perrault.

Like others I was initially somewhat nervous given the lack of information/reviews on the internet about Dr. Perrault, but I think it must tell you something that he is able to have such a low profile and yet still be a highly in-demand surgeon (in Beverly Hills no less).

I recommend doing what I did which is just schedule an appointment if you live in the LA area and if not schedule a phone consultation with him; I think you will be left as impressed as I have been with the depth of his knowledge and the professionalism of his approach.

I will write again in 6-9 months once I can evaluate on how the end-result looks.

• 3 years later...

I am a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills who both refers every patient who needs hair work to Dr. Perrault and who has personally had three procedures with him. All the positive comments are very true, his practice does not depend on review sites and his work is impeccable - no one here comes remotely close. Interestingly the above comment about celebrities coming in could be spot on, if Dr. Perrault were not so down to earth and not "caught up" in the interesting clients' lives. Take it from me, the goal is to do the best work you can and everything else flows.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, PS23 said:

I am a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills who both refers every patient who needs hair work to Dr. Perrault and who has personally had three procedures with him. All the positive comments are very true, his practice does not depend on review sites and his work is impeccable - no one here comes remotely close. Interestingly the above comment about celebrities coming in could be spot on, if Dr. Perrault were not so down to earth and not "caught up" in the interesting clients' lives. Take it from me, the goal is to do the best work you can and everything else flows.

If this is true, which I doubt. Post some pictures of your own experience and results. Otherwise, it’s nothing more than a hit and run comment that may be made by someone with a vested interest in this clinic.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.