Getting over a botched hair transplant

Hi, I really don’t know what to say…. I really ashamed and feel really ugly. I have a botched hair transplant few years ago and I really struggling to get over it. I have therapy and medication for the past few years but nothing seems to help. I have PSTD as well, it really affects me. I don’t think that much can be done, I don’t have facial hair. Natural clinic in Istanbul took away my beauty. I look like a freak, I cry nearly everyday. My life is a complete mess, I get triggered when I see people can do nice hair styles I can’t. I can’t even go in to a hair salon because I do embarrassed. Honestly I can’t live like this anymore. Please can someone give me some advise, I just don’t think there is no hope for me. I am even overwhelmed whilst writing this, it’s taken over my life. I am a woman by the way… my life is falling into pieces, constantly breaking down everywhere I go so I just stay inside most of the time.

31E7356D-1C4B-4541-B3B0-8632CA6D5101.jpeg

DF656265-52D0-4451-80A3-E149AF606A0D.jpeg

44C832A7-7F56-4774-91E3-6E5AA88D15A3.jpeg

• Sad 6

Just posted on the on the other thread, a way forward would be seeking a repair, so Dr Mwamba or Dr Bisanga… both are skilled with Afro centric hair and also with repairs. Reach out to both of them 👍🏿

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BaldV said:

You need to stop blaming yourself, we are humans and we all make mistakes, move forward from this and focus on the positives of your future, also I am sure many men will find you attractive and not care.

I need to echo this. You must not be so hard on yourself. You could look into SMP treatment to help with the look of density throughout your scalp... many use it to great effect. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nisa88 said:

Hi, I really don’t know what to say…. I really ashamed and feel really ugly. I have a botched hair transplant few years ago and I really struggling to get over it. I have therapy and medication for the past few years but nothing seems to help. I have PSTD as well, it really affects me. I don’t think that much can be done, I don’t have facial hair. Natural clinic in Istanbul took away my beauty. I look like a freak, I cry nearly everyday. My life is a complete mess, I get triggered when I see people can do nice hair styles I can’t. I can’t even go in to a hair salon because I do embarrassed. Honestly I can’t live like this anymore. Please can someone give me some advise, I just don’t think there is no hope for me. I am even overwhelmed whilst writing this, it’s taken over my life. I am a woman by the way… my life is falling into pieces, constantly breaking down everywhere I go so I just stay inside most of the time.

So sorry to hear, but hang in there. You are not the first and you will not be the last to be left feeling wronged by such a 'clinic'.

Have you considered SMP to perhaps lessen the effect of the patchy areas...? That could perhaps be an option if you do some serious research and go to the right people.  

Either way, there will be some light at the end of the tunnel eventually. Many people have been repaired here. Stay strong. 

No matter how upset you get, just keep hanging in there. Give it time. This too shall pass. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 5:30 PM, Pbaird98 said:

Just posted on the on the other thread, a way forward would be seeking a repair, so Dr Mwamba or Dr Bisanga… both are skilled with Afro centric hair and also with repairs. Reach out to both of them 👍🏿

Dr Umar in LA could also be a good call. He has done many great repairs. Certainly worth reaching out to see what options may be available. Scalp Pigmentation could also be a potential quick fix to tie you over.....

Have you consulted any physicians about a repair? This website would be a good start. 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

Keep us posted. You do have options. I think SMP would really help you in the interim as a quick fix. Often results are seen in 2-3 weeks. Then consult with a surgeon to explore FUE or even FUT depending..... 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

@Nisa88 We're here to help. Can you give us some background? How many grafts did they extract? We have some excellent surgeons that specialize in Afro hair. There are plenty of options, do not beat yourself up. Believe me. You are in the right place. Have you consulted with any surgeons for a possible repair?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 3/24/2023 at 4:49 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

@Nisa88 We're here to help. Can you give us some background? How many grafts did they extract? We have some excellent surgeons that specialize in Afro hair. There are plenty of options, do not beat yourself up. Believe me. You are in the right place. Have you consulted with any surgeons for a possible repair?

Would Dr Taleb Barghouthi be a good option for afro hair ? have seen a lot of work in the forum which is excellent haven't seen too many afro patients but he seems to really know what he is doing so I was just wondering if he would be a good option for people with curly or afro hair to go to him ?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, nasir olajuwon said:

Would Dr Taleb Barghouthi be a good option for afro hair ? have seen a lot of work in the forum which is excellent haven't seen too many afro patients but he seems to really know what he is doing so I was just wondering if he would be a good option for people with curly or afro hair to go to him ?

I think he’s a good option. I believe he has some examples. Send him a dm @DrTBarghouthi

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
On 3/28/2023 at 4:18 PM, nasir olajuwon said:

I can’t send any direct messages it might be cause i’m a new member but it says u are allowed 0 messages a day 

Yes, you need to reach at least 10 post’s before you can send messages. 

View my thread

On 3/19/2023 at 5:22 PM, Nisa88 said:

You are not a freak

You are the same person you always were, just a mistreated patient. It's the clinic who should be ashamed, not you. 

Have you tried growing it out? I've seen many examples of wide scars that can be covered by adding length to the hair. With coily afro hair especially. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Its tougher for a women I think.  But dont lose hope.  Your hair doesnt define you and you musn't let it.  I don't want to sound harsh but there are people with terrible lives who would love to have hair as their only issue.  That said you have lots of options to improve your look.  Repairs, smp, fibres, hair pieces.....You have to focus on improving your mental health, getting perspective and realising there are ways to improve.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...