This Is Why We STOPPED Using The Artas Robot- Dr. Parsa Mohebi

• Administrators

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Yea I don’t believe we’re there yet in terms of technology. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I was wondering what happened to the Artas technology.  Thanks Melvin. 

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I totally forgot all about ARTAS. I remember there was HUGE debate many years ago about whether machines were better than surgeons for FUE / plus the if machines were better / more ethical than extraction technicians (who were trained).

I also remember one guy posting about his ARTAS experience and that the machine kept punching grafts once the target graft count was already reached as nobody was there to switch it off as they were all out the room!

Edited by HairFunk
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

• Valued Contributor

I rang in to The Bald Truth and the ARTAS was discussed. It has punches that are way to big and it really needs an excellent surgeon to operate it yet many doctors bought it as a training tool! This is why it has botched a lot of patients up. If the doctor has the skill set then there is no need for a coffee stand!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

The punches might be 0.9 inside but end up 1.1mm because the outer diameter is thick. That’s an enormous punch almond like a plug. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 5:41 AM, HairFunk said:

I totally forgot all about ARTAS. I remember there was HUGE debate many years ago about whether machines were better than surgeons for FUE / plus the if machines were better / more ethical than extraction technicians (who were trained).

I also remember one guy posting about his ARTAS experience and that the machine kept punching grafts once the target graft count was already reached as nobody was there to switch it off as they were all out the room!

If the goal is to make the back of your head look like swiss cheese then I guess the machine is "better". 

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, Zinedine said:

Nothing beats a FUE Hair Transplant done by a HUMAN! 

Yup, maybe in the future the machine will be good. But definitely not today.

• Like 1

View my thread

Hey Melvin, are doctors still using the NeoGraft technology?  They used to use my before/afters in their adds way back in 2014.  My doctor quit using the technology a long time ago.  He felt like the machine may have been drying out the grafts, if I remember correctly.

FireShot Screen Capture #004 - 'NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplant System I FUE Hair Restoration' - neograft_com.png

Edited by JohnCasper

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, JohnCasper said:

Hey Melvin, are doctors still using the NeoGraft technology?  They used to use my before/afters in their adds way back in 2014.  My doctor quit using the technology a long time ago.  He felt like the machine may have been drying out the grafts, if I remember correctly.

FireShot Screen Capture #004 - 'NeoGraft Automated Hair Transplant System I FUE Hair Restoration' - neograft_com.png

Believe it or not, many are still using the neograft. It’s mostly cosmetic surgeons that dabble in hair. 

View my thread