How bad is my crown?

• Administrators

Most of us would kill to have this amount of density. That's just a typical whorl. 

• Like 6
  • Face Palm 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Hair4Dummys,

To be completely honest with you, don’t do anything to your crown. If you’re concerned that you are losing hair, you might wanna consider getting on finasteride or minoxidil which is quite good at helping to slow down, stop or even reverse the effects of Male Patteto be completely honest with you, don’t do anything to your crown. If you’re concerned that you are losing hair, you might wanna consider getting on finasteride or minoxidil which is quite good at helping to slow down, stop or even reverse the effects of Male Pattern Baldness especially in the early stages.  to be honest, I’m not even convinced that you’re experiencing hair loss. What I’m saying looks like a potential cowlick and not hair loss.

so here’s what I would do if I were you. I would schedule a consultation with a dermatologist and explain that you would like them to evaluate your scalp to see if you are experiencing any signs of miniaturization/hair loss a.k.a. androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness.  If they claim to see signs of miniaturization, start on either finasteride or minoxidil or preferably both and apply the topical minoxidil to the thinning areas.

That said, you are absolutely NOT a candidate for scalp micropigmentation (SMP) nor hair transplant surgery at this time.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 3/11/2023 at 12:01 AM, Sunset Dune said:

My head used to be just like yours, that isn’t a whorl it’s a thinning/bald spot and it will get larger over time. Look at how my crown looks 5 years later

E12A56A6-9177-4B59-88DB-EC7DB6BF7DCF.jpeg

Did you not get on finasteride? I've been on fin for a year now and its stayed the same.

On 3/9/2023 at 4:28 AM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Hair4Dummys,

To be completely honest with you, don’t do anything to your crown. If you’re concerned that you are losing hair, you might wanna consider getting on finasteride or minoxidil which is quite good at helping to slow down, stop or even reverse the effects of Male Patteto be completely honest with you, don’t do anything to your crown. If you’re concerned that you are losing hair, you might wanna consider getting on finasteride or minoxidil which is quite good at helping to slow down, stop or even reverse the effects of Male Pattern Baldness especially in the early stages.  to be honest, I’m not even convinced that you’re experiencing hair loss. What I’m saying looks like a potential cowlick and not hair loss.

so here’s what I would do if I were you. I would schedule a consultation with a dermatologist and explain that you would like them to evaluate your scalp to see if you are experiencing any signs of miniaturization/hair loss a.k.a. androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness.  If they claim to see signs of miniaturization, start on either finasteride or minoxidil or preferably both and apply the topical minoxidil to the thinning areas.

That said, you are absolutely NOT a candidate for scalp micropigmentation (SMP) nor hair transplant surgery at this time.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

From all these comments sounds like SMP is obviously not the decision. However, since we are on the topic does SMP cause shock loss or what not? I always wondered that

On 3/8/2023 at 12:59 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Most of us would kill to have this amount of density. That's just a typical whorl. 

On 3/8/2023 at 1:14 PM, TheGreatPretender said:

Absolutely normal, I wouldnt even try and touch it.

On 3/8/2023 at 3:27 PM, sunsurfhair said:

You’re crown looks exceptional. Don’t even consider surgery for it. That’s your natural cowlick or whorl. 

On 3/8/2023 at 3:56 PM, Gatsby said:

Exactly what everyone else has stated. Great head of hair if anything else. 👌

On 3/10/2023 at 10:37 AM, Shifty said:

man I'd love to have that head of hair lol 

Thanks for the comments guys to ease my concern although that one dude does mention its thinning but I am on Fin and its stayed the same since i started. Do you guys think I should be using hair fibers or is it really not that bad yet to be using them?

1 hour ago, Hair4Dummys said:

Thanks for the comments guys to ease my concern although that one dude does mention its thinning but I am on Fin and its stayed the same since i started. Do you guys think I should be using hair fibers or is it really not that bad yet to be using them?

No need for them imo. I doubt anyone will even have a look on that. Just live your life knowing that you are doing exactly what one should when losing hair and forget about it. 

14 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

No need for them imo. I doubt anyone will even have a look on that. Just live your life knowing that you are doing exactly what one should when losing hair and forget about it. 

Alright, thank you for the response! I'm on fin and will def continue to be on it for sure

• Like 1