Dr Rahal Hair Transplant 5.5 Month Update.

Hi everyone, I wanted to post my transplant with Dr. Rahal, the procedure went great and overall I am quite happy with the turn out so far.

Although I know it is still early days and I know people will tell me don't worry you're only halfway there! I will wait a couple more months before starting to become concerned, I do have one bald patch in the center front of my hairline where it seems hair isn't growing, and there is a real lack of density here despite having a great density on both the left and right sides of the hairline. I'm hoping to see some improvement, I can hide it decently well if I comb my other hair over that area but the scalp still shows in any kind of lighting.

Despite these issues, I am in love with the design but I worry I might just have poor yield in this one central area. I plan on waiting till around 7.5 months to reassess whether that area will grow in more or not. But the surgery has already done wonders for my confidence. I will keep you posted with my results. 

Would love to hear anyones thoughts or input. Thanks. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.24.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.24.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 12.00.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 12.01.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-03 at 12.03.01 AM.png

Everything else looks great and it looks like there are signs of life in that middle part so it could definitely fill in. Either way nothing a touchup couldn't fix. Doubt they would have to shave anything to do it either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ht4me said:

Everything else looks great and it looks like there are signs of life in that middle part so it could definitely fill in. Either way nothing a touchup couldn't fix. Doubt they would have to shave anything to do it either.

Yes agreed, thanks for your input. If It would require a touchup I wouldn't want to shave my entire head again just for a small section of grafts, fingers crossed it fills in. 🤞

• Administrators

It looks reasonable for 5.5 months. There is a spot in the middle that hasn’t filled in, but plenty of time for it to fill in.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It looks reasonable for 5.5 months. There is a spot in the middle that hasn’t filled in, but plenty of time for it to fill in.

For Reference the photo I posted just now is same day as the ones above. Thanks for your input Melvin, love your content. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Excellent soft hairline and the comb over really overlap the spot well..its still 5.5 months so thr is a good chance tht you cn get some growth in upcoming months...bt overall density and hairline is nice...evn if thr is a lack of density in tht spot thn i guess dr rahal wud fix tht wid a small touch up....best of luck...

Edited by Archan
  • Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

7 hours ago, Archan said:

Excellent soft hairline and the comb over really overlap the spot well..its still 5.5 months so thr is a good chance tht you cn get some growth in upcoming months...bt overall density and hairline is nice...evn if thr is a lack of density in tht spot thn i guess dr rahal wud fix tht wid a small touch up....best of luck...

Yes I gotta say I love the soft hairline as well, and agreed thanks for your comment 

• Like 1

Do you have any immediate post-op pics?  And 1 week post op pics, please?  Just want to see if there were any signs of a haematoma etc in that area.  

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

7 hours ago, splitting hairs said:

Do you have any immediate post-op pics?  And 1 week post op pics, please?  Just want to see if there were any signs of a haematoma etc in that area.  

There are basically the best I have, one is immediately after surgery and the other is roughly a week out, sometimes lighting can effect how many grafts you are able to see in the pictures. 

image.thumb.png.12f417f75aa396c3715960a3a0efd0aa.pngimage.thumb.png.b6b9a1c689bb402044ffdccbda3a84bf.png

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in seeing how things are looking. I'm booked with Dr. Rahal this summer. :)

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, everything filled in pretty well and I am overall quite happy, I still have my gripes with some areas lacking in a bit of density but it is definitely only what I can see. Sometimes we need to have realistic expectations of density but I am quite happy, these first 2 photos are close to the 8 month mark and the rest are around 7 months. Came out great, couldn't be happier.

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 11.10.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 11.10.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 11.10.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 11.10.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 11.11.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 11.11.39 PM.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot to follow this topic so I've only just now seen the updates. Very nice results! Makes me optimistic for my appointment in July. :D

• Like 2

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000 grafts, Summer 2023

• Administrators

Looks fantastic 👏🏼

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.