Stop fin or not?

jr1986

Hi everyone, last year I attempted to get on finasteride but struggled with side effects, mainly brain fog and I eventually stopped.

At the start of this year I made a 3rd attempt, only taking 1/8th of a mg per day.  This time the brain fog hasn't been  as bad, can sort of live with it. However like the last time I have lost morning wood almost completely. Sexual function seems okay at the moment but I'm concerned about the loss of night time errections as I understood they the important for penis health? 

1/8th per day is a low dose but I can say it has stopped my head itching almost completely so I'm sure it does some good.

Any advice?

• Administrators

Have you considered topical dutasteride? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I haven't no, I'm not sure how available topical are in the UK. 

Would you consider complete loss of morning wood a deal breaker?

Thanks

Edited by jr1986

28 minutes ago, Ghhh said:

Real alpha males don’t get fin side effects especially sexual ones . 1/8th and getting side effects lol 

Neither do they go trolling on hairloss forums but such is life

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DavidFrancis said:

Hi friend;

i have the same problem;

is it a solution to stop for two weeks to make a break of fin ? 
or it will destroy the benefits of fina

You might not lose benifits but yo-yoing dht levels is not meant to be a good thing

• Administrators
16 hours ago, jr1986 said:

Thanks

No, in my experience morning wood is more associated with sleep quality. Good sleep; strong morning wood.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 3/2/2023 at 12:06 AM, jr1986 said:

Thanks

Occasional loss of morning wood isn’t a biggie. Consistent loss of it could indicate processes related to ED and/or its onset. So yes, personally, I would keep an eye on that if you choose to continue fin. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yesplease said:

Occasional loss of morning wood isn’t a biggie. Consistent loss of it could indicate processes related to ED and/or its onset. So yes, personally, I would keep an eye on that if you choose to continue fin. 

Thanks, eq seems normal when it comes to sex at the moment but morning wood 99% gone so the hormonal shift clearly affects it, I'm sleeping fine, the only thing different is the fin.

On 2/28/2023 at 10:32 AM, jr1986 said:

Hi everyone, last year I attempted to get on finasteride but struggled with side effects, mainly brain fog and I eventually stopped.

At the start of this year I made a 3rd attempt, only taking 1/8th of a mg per day.  This time the brain fog hasn't been  as bad, can sort of live with it. However like the last time I have lost morning wood almost completely. Sexual function seems okay at the moment but I'm concerned about the loss of night time errections as I understood they the important for penis health? 

1/8th per day is a low dose but I can say it has stopped my head itching almost completely so I'm sure it does some good.

Any advice?

Yes stop it and buy CosmeRNA (SAMiRNA) : /

It will be available next month. It is sides effect free, efficacy is almost the same as Fina (it is for stabilization purpose - not for regrow) and you only have to take 1x/ week. It work by removing AR in folicule using RNA modification. It do not reduce DHT, it remove the AR in the scalp ! So there is no side effect due to loss of DHT 🙂

Even female can take it.

MiRNA technology is developping from 2004 and will be a lot used in cancer traitements on next years.

Edited by Hans - Webmaster
External link removed.
  • Like 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day
Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : {Fluridil + CosmeRNA}
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm (See here for explanations & results) :
ASCE+ HRLV

21 minutes ago, jr1986 said:

Update, decided to stop for a few days. On day 3 woke up with strong morning wood, first of 2023.

Good !

ASCE+ HRLV

2 hours ago, DavidFrancis said:

I have the same side effects, loss of morning woods.m at 0,5mg per day.

Do you think its better to decrease at 0,25mg per day, or 0,5mg per day 1 day /2

You could try cutting back, I'm at such a low dose already I'm not sure there's much point. I don't know if loss of morning wood matters or not, but I've read of people experiencing penis shrinkage on fin, although that might not be true I sort of think regular mw is important keeping everything operating correctly.

• Administrators
On 3/17/2023 at 4:40 AM, jr1986 said:

You could try cutting back, I'm at such a low dose already I'm not sure there's much point. I don't know if loss of morning wood matters or not, but I've read of people experiencing penis shrinkage on fin, although that might not be true I sort of think regular mw is important keeping everything operating correctly.

Low dose finasteride still works. It’s not as effective as daily use, but it’s definitely better than nothing. I don’t think you should quit because of morning wood. I got morning wood sporadically when I wasn’t taking any medication. Your testosterone levels fluctuate naturally, stress, poor sleep all contribute. 

View my thread

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Low dose finasteride still works. It’s not as effective as daily use, but it’s definitely better than nothing. I don’t think you should quit because of morning wood. I got morning wood sporadically when I wasn’t taking any medication. Your testosterone levels fluctuate naturally, stress, poor sleep all contribute. 

I see this come up quite often, can you speak to it a little more? How often do you think a week you’d get morning wood off meds? I feel like it tapers down naturally as we are, but perhaps closer to 40. I didn’t really think about my morning wood prior to meds because I didn’t have to worry about anything then, but I would bet I didn’t get them every morning 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

I see this come up quite often, can you speak to it a little more? How often do you think a week you’d get morning wood off meds? I feel like it tapers down naturally as we are, but perhaps closer to 40. I didn’t really think about my morning wood prior to meds because I didn’t have to worry about anything then, but I would bet I didn’t get them every morning 

In my experience, I got morning wood maybe 3-4x per week. I noticed I would get them in a deep sleep. When I didn’t have a good night sleep, no morning wood. This also didn’t make a difference in my ability to achieve an erection. I’ve noticed before that I’ll wake up middle of the night to go pee with wood. But when I wake up I don’t have wood. I think some cases may be that you do get wood at some point in the night without knowing. 

View my thread

On 3/2/2023 at 6:38 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

No, in my experience morning wood is more associated with sleep quality. Good sleep; strong morning wood.

This. Poor sleep wrecks hormone levels.

Also, alcohol and lack of exercise cause me to get it less often.

On 3/17/2023 at 10:27 AM, DavidFrancis said:

I have the same side effects, loss of morning woods.m at 0,5mg per day.

Do you think its better to decrease at 0,25mg per day, or 0,5mg per day 1 day /2

Well cosmerna will give you better result in that case.

ASCE+ HRLV