6½ months in, I think we can call this a failure. But I've never seen something so strange.

waterworld

Original thread: August 2022, 1306 grafts, Wimpole Clinic, London.

Although the original low graft count could account for the lack of density, I'm as to a loss what explains the consistent pattern of no-growth behind the hair line. It's as if the vast majority of grafts died other than the single grafts played at the front. The black and white image is from September, and shows this perfectly: the yellow arrows point to the growing hair while the white areas had zero growth. Since then, almost all of the hair growth has stemmed from that yellow region. 

I was not suffering hair loss. I merely wanted to 'lower' my hairline. What can cause this odd pattern to emerge? Is this merely down to low amount of grafts?

Next steps: arranged a consultation with Dr. Bissanga for March for a potential repair. I

CleanShot 2023-02-25 at 21.11.23@2x.png

CleanShot 2023-02-25 at 21.16.37@2x.png

CleanShot 2023-02-25 at 21.24.45@2x.png

Untitled.thumb.png.44cafba6b45b30803c4f58392b30befa.png

Edited by waterworld
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, waterworld said:

Original thread: August 2022, 1306 grafts, Wimpole Clinic, London.

Although the original low graft count could account for the lack of density, I'm as to a loss what explains the consistent pattern of no-growth behind the hair line. It's as if the vast majority of grafts died other than the single grafts played at the front. The black and white image is from September, and shows this perfectly: the yellow arrows point to the growing hair while the white areas had zero growth. Since then, almost all of the hair growth has stemmed from that yellow region. 

I was not suffering hair loss. I merely wanted to 'lower' my hairline. What can cause this odd pattern to emerge? Is this merely down to low amount of grafts?

Next steps: arranged a consultation with Dr. Bissanga for March for a potential repair. I

CleanShot 2023-02-25 at 21.11.23@2x.png

CleanShot 2023-02-25 at 21.16.37@2x.png

CleanShot 2023-02-25 at 21.24.45@2x.png

Untitled.thumb.png.44cafba6b45b30803c4f58392b30befa.png

do you have any images from surgery? 

2 minutes ago, waterworld said:

Please click on the thread original thread link.

ahh yeah sorry bro, am not sure what’s going on here but it’s poor growth 😞 some of the more experienced guys on here may be able to advise 

• Valued Contributor

I saw your original post....imo i dnt think so tht 1300 grafts are sufficient to match the density of existing grafts ...whn thr is no hairloss and if a patient want to take his hairline down thn generally in most of the cases more thn 1700 grafts are required to match the density of existing hairs...

Still you can wait as i have seen many slow growers...bt u said you cannot evn feel any baby grafts in tht area thn i guess its nt worth waiting...

Good tht you have chosen bisanga this time...you cn consult him and dr mawamba and thn take your decision ....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators

It’s too early to call it a failure, it does raise concerns. But give it more time before casting final judgement.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, waterworld said:

@Melvin- Moderator @Archan @Rafael Manelli @Big RomeIt's been a week, and I don't know how this has happened

image.thumb.png.95876bc1586d2e65491488f815a1c3b0.png

It started growing ....congratulations ...you will see more growth in upcoming months..and i wish you are on medication ...and if not thn plz be..tht would help you immensely ...

Edited by Archan

--> My Thread

4 hours ago, Archan said:

It started growing ....congratulations ...you will see more growth in upcoming months..and i wish you are on medication ...and if not thn plz be..tht would help you immensely ...

The hair used from the donor is DHT resistant, so medication won't make a difference. Medication will help stop further loss behind the transplant area though

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Spring15 said:

The hair used from the donor is DHT resistant, so medication won't make a difference. Medication will help stop further loss behind the transplant area though

Finasteride works on dht levels bt minoxidil will help to make implanted hair as well as existing hair fuller and thicker and thts hw he will get more coverage ...thts my understanding bt still some expert advice would be better ..

--> My Thread

@waterworldAre you using minox or fin by the way? Anecdotally I've heard many users tell me that if you are not on any meds (I am not, I just take saw palmetto and multivits) you really see your growth between months 7-9 vs. the people on minox who usually get there by month 6. 

On 3/4/2023 at 1:40 PM, waterworld said:

@Melvin- Moderator @Archan @Rafael Manelli @Big RomeIt's been a week, and I don't know how this has happened

Sometimes a week is really what you need for your follicles to troll. But from the previous photo to this, I think your hair was all in a similar shed cycle. If you don’t take medication it does get shocked so the surrounding area probably started to grow back at the same time. It happens, but it’s bizarre for many hairs to be in the same phase. But it does happen.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

7 hours ago, StillAlive said:

@waterworldAre you using minox or fin by the way? Anecdotally I've heard many users tell me that if you are not on any meds (I am not, I just take saw palmetto and multivits) you really see your growth between months 7-9 vs. the people on minox who usually get there by month 6. 

Only started min a few weeks ago, so perhaps this is true.

• Administrators
On 3/4/2023 at 10:40 AM, waterworld said:

It’s called “you’re not done growing” this is a great example of why the “you’re done growing at 6 months” posts are nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 3/15/2023 at 11:44 AM, waterworld said:

This is now, with the help of some hair fibres to give a little density.CleanShot2023-03-15at11_43.01@2x.thumb.png.230aa0f763d4d3f03ed2b673e106acc5.pngCleanShot2023-03-15at11_42.45@2x.thumb.png.0e745c495484229496cb4e074bb5d01f.png

This looks great with the fibres. Sadly wimpole clinic is a hit and Miss clinic and a bit of a mill. When I had my consult with them they were very professional, but were open about the parts the surgeon does and the techs do. This allows the surgeon to do more cases. But it’s amazing to see how much growth happened in the space of a week. Shocked actually. It’s starting to look decent. Be patient you could have a lot more to come in. 

• Administrators
On 3/15/2023 at 4:44 AM, waterworld said:

This is now, with the help of some hair fibres to give a little density.CleanShot2023-03-15at11_43.01@2x.thumb.png.230aa0f763d4d3f03ed2b673e106acc5.pngCleanShot2023-03-15at11_42.45@2x.thumb.png.0e745c495484229496cb4e074bb5d01f.png

Looks great with fibers. I don’t think this would’ve been possible 3 weeks ago. 

View my thread

• 1 month later...