1306 grafts, Wimpole Clinic, London with Dr. Malkani

waterworld

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone @Pbaird98

Here are some recent photos. The single graft follicles that make the outer line have grown in length. I still have large areas that are smooth to touch, suggesting there is close to zero growth in those spots. But the hair that is growing in length adds some coverage to these spots (you can see that in the flash photo), which gives it the appearance of slightly more density than the previous month...but this isn't exactly new 'hair'. I'm 2 and a half months into the process.

I cut my 'original' hair to a low 0.5 buzzcut, which blends in with the current level of the transplanted hair. From a distance, this looks quite level.

.IMG_6707.thumb.jpeg.b4adde24167f08ffdb9442e9ba3196f4.jpegIMG_6711.thumb.jpeg.bf74cc5b706eaa204b738e063cb09e51.jpegIMG_6661.thumb.jpg.2789ac54a5c6e34a5734866dcc068f31.jpg

Edited by waterworld
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you, good to see. I was wondering who did the FUE bit (the graft harvesting) did you say the doctor didn’t do that part? 

If it wasn’t a doctor doing the fue do you think that may have had an effect on the outcome? I’m interested and I can’t find another clinic that administers ‘medalozam’ that seems like it would just knock you out for the day 

On 12/9/2022 at 8:02 AM, sinbar said:

Thank you, good to see. I was wondering who did the FUE bit (the graft harvesting) did you say the doctor didn’t do that part? 

If it wasn’t a doctor doing the fue do you think that may have had an effect on the outcome? I’m interested and I can’t find another clinic that administers ‘medalozam’ that seems like it would just knock you out for the day 

The doctor didn't do that part, correct. This is true for most clinics. I'm not sure whether the result would have been much different - it all depends on experience and skill. Presumably, with enough experience, the technician should be well qualified for the role.

On 12/12/2022 at 9:33 AM, waterworld said:

The doctor didn't do that part, correct. This is true for most clinics. I'm not sure whether the result would have been much different - it all depends on experience and skill. Presumably, with enough experience, the technician should be well qualified for the role.

I suppose in theory. There are clinics which have offered to put it in writing that the surgeon does the FUE surgery bit of the process so that’s comforting.

I see what you mean but also can’t understand how a doctor can claim to be an important (and expensive) part of the process and then let any old assistant do the actual surgery! What are we paying for? 

i hope it comes through for you. I won’t be going to Wimpole though it all doesn’t sit right with me.

• 1 month later...