why do laymen think theyre experts in hair restoration.

I don’t know about that, but there’s a big difference between someone who has zero knowledge and may come to the forum asking for advice about a first ht and someone who has carefully researched all about how ht works and has been living hair loss for years researching to find a solution in a ht, with all the physical experience that entails as well. So the latter can generally give a lot of helpful advice and help “newbies” avoid the many traps and deliberate misinformation, that’s why this forum is so valuable to many.

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

Jerome,

I don’t know specifically what or who you are referring to. But I am guessing that many hair transplant patients are enthusiastic about their procedure and simply want to give back and share what they’ve learned in an attempt to help others.  While undergoing a couple hair transplant procedures doesn’t necessarily make someone an expert nor an authority, they certainly add value when they share their experiences and what they’ve learned through their research and actual experiences.

Now, if somebody specific is being pompous and acting like a know it all, that’s a different story. But in my opinion, I have found that most people who have been through the procedure are typically very helpful and want to give back because they know how challenging the process and procedure can be.

That said, if you do have any specific questions and I’m able to help you with anything, please let me know as I would be happy to help.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant. 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

There’s a big issue with this, particularly in forums where mods are completely anonymous. What are there qualification’s to assert themselves as authorities in the field, have they even had surgery, have they observed surgery. Have they ever had a conversation with surgeons and discussed techniques. 

Getting a hair transplant alone doesn’t make you an authority. I do my best to visit clinics and observe them in surgery.   Stay up to date with the latest techniques and have real conversations with industry leaders. Being the moderator of this forum for over 5 years has definitely given me an insiders perspective that I didn’t have as a regular poster. 

Still, I’m only one person, the collective knowledge is always greater than one. You have to be careful though, anonymous posters who post as an authority figure typically have agendas. I’m not saying don’t listen to what an anonymous person has to say, but take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It's a big never-ending story who is right and who's is wrong, especially when it comes to esthetic surgeries.

Today we have "influencers, gurus, coachs" without any certifications or direct occupation with medical tourism, the 2 main issues are ordinary people that market something they don't really believe is a good product, or ignorant that have no idea what they market, sometimes it's a combination, very few of them did a deep detailed research and to spread the realistic objective information.

Since I was botched very badly by a hair mill in Turkey and a long journey with two repair procedures, I find that the most fair approach as a coordinator is to treat others as I would like to be treated.

I believe that getting emotionally involved will make the best expectations with patients.

These days, it's very easy to act like some authority without taking any kind of responsibility.

My best advice for any candidate is to take the time without any deadline (since it's a medical SOS issue) and gather much information and insights to be as close as possible for reaching out a full realistic satisfaction, this is what I did before I had my 1st repair procedure with Dr. Maras, don't be spontaneous and use a lot of common sense.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

13 hours ago, Jerome said:

why do people get a few surgeries and act like theyre authoritys in the field .

who is calling themselves an 'authority' though? Unless someone is getting paid to be here, or they are literally calling themselves an 'authority/expert' in their posts, we are all just sharing our opinions and (for most of us at least) our lived experiences with the hair transplant process. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

I’ve not seen many on this forum who come across as thinking that they are an authority on the subject. Even Melvin, who has years of experience and research behind him, will try and guide people, rather than give a black or white answer. Forums are for opinions from people who have been through things, and in doing so have gained a little knowledge about the subject. However, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and a lot of the time they might stink.