6120 follicular transplant by Dr. Resul Yaman

Bald47

Your 4 month looks better than what it might look for me. Im at 100 day post HT with Dr Resul getting almost the same 6k grafts. You may have an edge as looking at your pre op pictures i can say you had more hair than me on top. I was complete bald-with little exceptions in the name of small single hairs. Also, not taking finasteride..only Dr Resul's once a day tablets. Would love to see your 6 month results!

14 hours ago, Dev said:

Your 4 month looks better than what it might look for me. Im at 100 day post HT with Dr Resul getting almost the same 6k grafts. You may have an edge as looking at your pre op pictures i can say you had more hair than me on top. I was complete bald-with little exceptions in the name of small single hairs. Also, not taking finasteride..only Dr Resul's once a day tablets. Would love to see your 6 month results!

Any reason you're not taking Fin? What's the name of the medication you're taking instead?

I've heard not taking Fin or MIn after a HT is bad news after a few years, since you'll continue to lose same as before. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bald_Eagle_69 said:

Any reason you're not taking Fin? What's the name of the medication you're taking instead?

I've heard not taking Fin or MIn after a HT is bad news after a few years, since you'll continue to lose same as before. 

Im 47 and most of the doctors (more than 75%) I consulted felt at my age and pattern of hair loss, fin is not going to make much difference. My hair loss is pretty stable since a decade, and my donor even after taking out 6k grafts looks dense. So I doubt im going to lose much of transplanted hairs. Second and more personal reason is im yet to start a family and I wish to have children. I dont want to mess with my already reduced sexual libido just to get more hair. No matter how many people claim non existent side effects of finasteride, there are enough people who do get side effects.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The following photos are for the six month mark.  Starting to see some density and areas filling in.  Overall I am pleased with the results so far.  Still on fin and min.  

51C07B27-48E4-4F59-B369-DB0C1EBA96F3.jpeg

2FA28A41-1161-4C93-8A0C-EBA0EB3578B3.jpeg

21894396-8977-4C14-B107-2410B22CEADC.jpeg

D0AAB42B-9C88-4E78-8D8E-13BEC8682627.jpeg

2E297BBF-C99B-4AEB-870C-0D6386CDA0AA.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

Oh wow. Look at this compared to your pre op pics! Your crown may have risen from the meds. Coming along really nicely for six months! 💯👌

Thank you so much.  If this was as good as it would ever get, I would be happy in comparison to where I started. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting.

i am thinking of HT with dr Yaman, but a little worried and at the same time confused and cannot decide if i do it with him or with one of several surgeons i am thinking of. Please if you can share any updated pics, so we can see the progress and results after several months. Would be appreciated 

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for sharing your journey. Your  experience and updates have made me feel so much better about getting the process done by Dr.  Yaman (definately calmed my nerves). I am headed to Turkey this weekend from Texas for a hair transplant with Dr. Yaman. I am getting about 3,400 grafts at the front of my hair line. Been thinking about it for awhile now.

Question - beside the pain from the injections from the anesthesia was the procedure itself painful? Did you feel any discomfort during the process? Once the anesthesia wore out, how did you feel? Any painkillers? My sister is coming along and wanted to stay at the clinic while i had the procedure. Is tat necessary? How was the trip back and recovery? My plan is to head back to the office 5 days after the procedure.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

Thank you so much for sharing your journey. Your  experience and updates have made me feel so much better about getting the process done by Dr.  Yaman (definately calmed my nerves). I am headed to Turkey this weekend from Texas for a hair transplant with Dr. Yaman. I am getting about 3,400 grafts at the front of my hair line. Been thinking about it for awhile now.

Question - beside the pain from the injections from the anesthesia was the procedure itself painful? Did you feel any discomfort during the process? Once the anesthesia wore out, how did you feel? Any painkillers? My sister is coming along and wanted to stay at the clinic while i had the procedure. Is tat necessary? How was the trip back and recovery? My plan is to head back to the office 5 days after the procedure.

Thank you.

I experienced no pain, other than the injections, during the surgery.  I did ask for a Xanax to calm my nerves both days.  My wife stayed at the clinic both days but was extremely bored.   I went back to work 10 days later but could have sooner.  I had no pain after the anesthesia wore off but I did experience severe itching.  It was difficult not to scratch but I was able to overcome the urge.  You will be glad you chose Dr. Yaman. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

Thank you.

Had my procedure done a month ago with Yaman.  Flew from Dallas solo and the trip back and forth was smooth sailing.  I upgraded to business on the return flight and was glad I did since it’s a long one.   Be prepared to experience pain / discomfort for the needles. I did not love it. I’ve taken multiple needles before but when you did in rapid succession for what felt like 100x in a row for like 10 minutes it became less tolerable.   

The post op has been fine but the itching and sensitivity can get annoying.  My dermatologist prescribed me FLUOCINOLONE to help with it. 

best of luck!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaylove said:

Had my procedure done a month ago with Yaman.  Flew from Dallas solo and the trip back and forth was smooth sailing.  I upgraded to business on the return flight and was glad I did since it’s a long one.   Be prepared to experience pain / discomfort for the needles. I did not love it. I’ve taken multiple needles before but when you did in rapid succession for what felt like 100x in a row for like 10 minutes it became less tolerable.   

The post op has been fine but the itching and sensitivity can get annoying.  My dermatologist prescribed me FLUOCINOLONE to help with it. 

best of luck!

I’m glad it went well.  The shots suck but the end result will be worth it.  Happy growing !

• Thanks 1

These pictures are at the eight month mark.  The crown is starting to fill in.  I can feel new hair stubble at the scalp and also in the front center. These pictures were purposely taken under harsh lighting .

I have also added a side by side comparison from the day of the surgery till now. IMG_0945.thumb.jpeg.e624dd7ab6245ac4105c22a80dcf10be.jpegIMG_0937.thumb.jpeg.659b365134bf1bdbedfea5cf55a4188d.jpegIMG_0939.thumb.jpeg.17ce94096d00cab9197649922aec4a01.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_0938.jpeg

IMG_0941.jpeg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Jaylove said:

best of luck!

Thanks for the heads up. Heading out from Dallas as well. I plan to do an upgrade since the flight looks to be at about 50% capacity. Excited and nervous at the same time. All the best with your journey. 

Got my procudre done today. Thank God the pain during the initial.phase of getting the injections was not bad at all. All went well. Got 2,950 implants and now ready for the recovery journey. Thanks to everyone for their support. Will continue to use the insights shared on this blog while I go through the healing process.

By the way, how long did you stay in bandages (how many days) before having to walk around without them? 

• Like 1