6120 follicular transplant by Dr. Resul Yaman

Bald47

3 minutes ago, BaldGuy said:

best of luck..the work looks great and very clean, as always from Dr Yaman. Do you use any medication ?

Thank you. I am using finasteride and minoxidil along with some vitamins.  

Hey @Bald47,

I just had a consultation with Dr Yaman and he recommended 6000 grafts for me too, and from your pictures it looks like we're balding in a very similar way!

Dr Yaman said I would also need to use 30% of my beard in the transplant, and it looks like you've done similar. Do you know how much was used?

Also, would you mind posting some recovery photos of your beard doner area along with your bi-weekly updates, if its not too much trouble?

Reason I ask is because I love my facial hair and am nervous of how it will look/recover after some of it is removed!

Also, can I ask - did they only remove the beard hair on the neck/throat area, and avoid the face hair?

Appreciate your detailed post, and look forward to tracking your recovery progress in the future! Good luck!

11 hours ago, Bald_Eagle_69 said:

Hey @Bald47,

I just had a consultation with Dr Yaman and he recommended 6000 grafts for me too, and from your pictures it looks like we're balding in a very similar way!

Dr Yaman said I would also need to use 30% of my beard in the transplant, and it looks like you've done similar. Do you know how much was used?

Also, would you mind posting some recovery photos of your beard doner area along with your bi-weekly updates, if its not too much trouble?

Reason I ask is because I love my facial hair and am nervous of how it will look/recover after some of it is removed!

Also, can I ask - did they only remove the beard hair on the neck/throat area, and avoid the face hair?

Appreciate your detailed post, and look forward to tracking your recovery progress in the future! Good luck!

I will get some photos posted this weekend.  My beard area healed up nicely.  They were taken from the neck area and unless I told you or you paid a great amount of attention you would not know.  The area the beard grafts were taken from is slightly thinner looking, but it is never noticeable because I shave that area.  Dr. Yaman is a great doctor.  Your in good hands. 

7 hours ago, Bald47 said:

I will get some photos posted this weekend.  My beard area healed up nicely.  They were taken from the neck area and unless I told you or you paid a great amount of attention you would not know.  The area the beard grafts were taken from is slightly thinner looking, but it is never noticeable because I shave that area.  Dr. Yaman is a great doctor.  Your in good hands. 

IMG_5661.thumb.jpeg.7cab7b72d035b3a536c7623a06b3cd39.jpegIMG_5661.thumb.jpeg.7cab7b72d035b3a536c7623a06b3cd39.jpegIMG_5660.thumb.jpeg.8722c3d30050c3e9a61ec2ce11528d2f.jpegTwo quick photos with 24 hour growth of whiskers.  500 beard follicles were extracted. 

Wow nice, you're right, i wouldn't have been able to tell unless you expressly told me it had been removed from that area!

Can i ask about your medication? Were you on medication before the treatment at all, and if so for how long? And have you seen any results from the medication?

Also, are you using oral or topical, and did you have to stop for a bit in the build up to your HT?

Can't wait to see how much more you progress! You've given me faith in my HT journey lol

1 hour ago, Bald_Eagle_69 said:

Wow nice, you're right, i wouldn't have been able to tell unless you expressly told me it had been removed from that area!

Can i ask about your medication? Were you on medication before the treatment at all, and if so for how long? And have you seen any results from the medication?

Also, are you using oral or topical, and did you have to stop for a bit in the build up to your HT?

Can't wait to see how much more you progress! You've given me faith in my HT journey lol

I was on topical finasteride/Minoxidil starting in November of 2022. On advice from Dr. Yaman I stopped using the topical solution 30 days prior to my surgery, which was January 1, 2023, and began using a 1 mg daily dose of Finasteride.  I could tell my hair appeared stronger and had darker coloring to it.  

I am very happy my posts could help you.  This was a big decision for me and I always felt that I should help others if I could.  This forum helped me a great deal and I’m glad I can give back.  I can’t say enough about the kindness and professionalism shown to me by the staff at the Yaman Clinic.  Top notch group.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gramatik said:

Your beard area healed up very well..Waiting for your final result..Dr Yaman seems to be a great doctor for covering highers norwoods with large areas..

Thank you, the results are really starting to take shape this month, which is month four. Dr. Yaman is a true professional in his field. 

• Like 1

Hi 

your journey so far looks great

am also consulting Dr yaman and he suggested 6000 grafts for me

may I know how you feel with HT now

is your donor area recovered well and the way they implanted the hair, no of graft, angle etc : how do you feel personally satisfied with it

also if you can share some latest pic of yours will be great

• 3 weeks later...

I am happy with the results I have gotten so far.  My donor area has grown back with no problem.  I wear a low fade haircut and have been able to do so without an issue since the surgery. 6120 total grafts, with the single grafts being placed in the hairline.  Everything has been as I hoped it would. You won’t be sorry for choosing Dr. Yaman. 

• Like 1

These photos were taken May 31, which is four months and three days after the surgery.  I’m starting to see a lot more growth in the last month.  I have experienced really dry skin on my scalp and forehead but no other issues. I consulted Dr. Yaman and was advised to use ketokonazol shampoo, which seems to be helping.  

64B9521D-B0E6-4932-B889-8A03B106A82B.jpeg

0A031B95-FFB8-44A1-8DE0-74348BD60928.jpeg

81C96218-21C2-4E65-9AFB-6982649829C2.jpeg

CD769CD0-0A9D-4EDF-B0A4-B7A64AC99C70.jpeg

747FADBD-7810-49AB-822E-EF77A8E6651B.jpeg

8768CD55-A165-4A70-B080-9ECDF29B89AB.jpeg

4A224ADA-A2FA-436C-9933-BACB9A5D1178.jpeg

Edited by Bald47

I couldn’t help but notice there are some dry itchy patches on the top

of your back.  Are those unrelated preexisting conditions?  I’m concerned about possible side effects of HT particularly past folliculitis that might recur as result of doing HT

On 6/4/2023 at 10:16 AM, Spring15 said:

No, not my forehead. Just where my hair grows, especially on the back of my head

That’s poison ivy.  It is unrelated to the hair transplant 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...