FUE Regret 27 year old- In need of guidance

• Administrators

To be honest, overall, it looks pretty good. Another case study of why you should wait and be patient. I don’t see any gaps in graft placement, so it’s possible that the grafts haven’t grown yet. 6 months is still early, give it more time.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:52 PM, Xanadu said:

I definitely see what you are worried about. The usual length from Glabela is about 7-8 cm as far as I remember so 5.5 cm is low. What I would find more worrying are the way the temples are drawn. 

On the positive side, it looks quite densely packed. Also, if you have no history of balding in your family and you are on medication, then you might never actually need another HT - meaning that you can live with the 3000 grafts being taken so early.

Usual length depends on ethnicity, in south europe(spain, italy, greece) and middle east(turkey, israel, syria) it is much lower than it is on north west europe (netherlands , england, scandinavia) . For Asian and black people its also completely different.

Your result looks impressive to me (For 6 months that is) . With more growth yet to come, i think you will have a nice new hairline. Sure its a bit low than you wanted but many people have low hairlines naturally too. Atleast that is true for us asians. Any new person who meets you wont find it unusual. So just be confident with new look and happy growing for next 6 months. 

As far as using 3k grafts is concerned, definitely it was a mistake but looking at postitve side of things the results came out great. Try to focus on that as whats done is done.

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

To be honest, overall, it looks pretty good. Another case study of why you should wait and be patient. I don’t see any gaps in graft placement, so it’s possible that the grafts haven’t grown yet. 6 months is still early, give it more time.

I agree. Patience is something I’ve really had to learn on this journey. I’m interested to see what the next 6 months will look like. I appreciate the feedback thank you. 

18 hours ago, BaldV said:

Thats a totally fine result, no need for repairs or touchups and its gonna improve even more for the next 6 months, enjoy your hair 😉

That’s very encouraging to hear. Thanks for the comment 😊 

18 hours ago, duckling said:

Your result looks impressive to me (For 6 months that is) . With more growth yet to come, i think you will have a nice new hairline. Sure its a bit low than you wanted but many people have low hairlines naturally too. Atleast that is true for us asians. Any new person who meets you wont find it unusual. So just be confident with new look and happy growing for next 6 months. 

As far as using 3k grafts is concerned, definitely it was a mistake but looking at postitve side of things the results came out great. Try to focus on that as whats done is done.

Yes, as far as the density is concerned it’s pretty good for this stage. 
I can definitely see your point about the hairline, and that’s good to know and remember. 

The graft count was unfortunate.
-But yes, despite the donor area things are improving. That’s true, more patience and positivity is important.

I appreciate the feedback on this, thank you

• 6 months later...

12 Month result & Advice 

Hello all,

I’m just sharing my 12 month update after 3,000 grafts from not the best clinic in the world.. However, as I’m more or less at the final result and over 90% of hairs have grown in I think it’s fair to assess what I’m working with at this stage.

-Everything else at least seems to be stable and I’m continuing medication.

Overall, I know I don’t have the worst HT result to come out of Turkey. But it’s left me far from satisfied, and the low quality of work is evident.

Main concerns:

• The Horn like angles in the hairline, including large gaps between hairs.
  • Poor temple work (Grafts chaotically placed)
  • Low density in frontal third -Unsure exactly why this is, did the grafts there simply not survive?

I do also have signs of over harvesting even wearing my hair longer gaps are still visible particularly

on the left side of my scalp.

As far as what I’d like to achieve goes, a result that is more acceptable would mean a lot to me.

I understand the need to be realistic, due to scalp scarring and the significant amount of grafts (3,000) already taken. I can also appreciate the complexity of repairs, my case could likely require several sessions. However, even if the worst of the angled grafts can be relocated to more suitable areas that would be a huge improvement.

This community has been a brilliant source, particularly documenting the work of elite surgeons. I have reached out to Dr. Bisanga and have a in person consult with him in December. Hopefully his assessment will provide insight on my options moving forward. I’ve seen a lot of his great work on this forum, including excellent repairs.

As disappointed as I currently am, I’m not looking to rush this process. If anyone can recommend any other elite repair surgeons, I would be very grateful. Also it would be great to hear any of your thoughts.

Thanks for reading! (Apologise for the huge photos)

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_3444 copy 2.jpg

Dont beat yourself up over this. I have seen a lot worst cases from cosmedica. Dont rush and jump into a second surgery before doing your research. Bisanga, Couto, HDC, Hattingen hair, Pinot, thee are same examples of doctors considering for a repair. It looks as they overhrvest the donor area on the left side, so its important to get a really good assesment of your donor area before even considering a second surgery.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jjalay said:

Dont beat yourself up over this. I have seen a lot worst cases from cosmedica. Dont rush and jump into a second surgery before doing your research. Bisanga, Couto, HDC, Hattingen hair, Pinot, thee are same examples of doctors considering for a repair. It looks as they overhrvest the donor area on the left side, so its important to get a really good assesment of your donor area before even considering a second surgery.

I agree, considering the clinic that I went to it could be a lot worse. I'm still very much in the research stage of this, far from another surgery. That's why an in person assessment with Bisanga would be valuable I hope. Yes it's important to keep the long term in mind also, thanks for the advice. 

• Valued Contributor

I would definitely stay on the Finasteride and minoxidil. It wouldn’t hurt to even see a good dermatologist. But everything is even. Your donor hasn’t been ravaged as we have seen in some cases. Your case is actually very good considering you took a risk in Turkey. What I would do is to play around and try and change the length. Perhaps cut your hair much shorter so the hair doesn’t clump up or go the other way and grow it much longer and pull it back. The one thing you have in your favour is that you are able to tolerate meds. The hairline looks natural and just gives you a younger, more rounded appearance. 

• Like 1

I think the result is quite nice, but I do see the gap between the hairline and the right frontal third. The curly hair also highlights this a little bit more, but I think you look good imo. Can I see pictures of your hair before the transplant?

Lastly, I agree with Gatsby on playing with hair lengths. I had to try many different cuts to find something that worked for me.

• Like 1

1st Procedure: 3332 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 10.29.20
2nd Procedure: 1908 FUE Grafts | Shapiro Medical Group | 11.13.23

On 11/17/2023 at 4:15 AM, Gatsby said:

I would definitely stay on the Finasteride and minoxidil. It wouldn’t hurt to even see a good dermatologist. But everything is even. Your donor hasn’t been ravaged as we have seen in some cases. Your case is actually very good considering you took a risk in Turkey. What I would do is to play around and try and change the length. Perhaps cut your hair much shorter so the hair doesn’t clump up or go the other way and grow it much longer and pull it back. The one thing you have in your favour is that you are able to tolerate meds. The hairline looks natural and just gives you a younger, more rounded appearance. 

I agree it could be wise to check out a dermatologist...

True continuing the meds are also key, I'll definitely play around with hair lengths and see what works then. I have found that the angles are more manageable with longer hair, although I prefer the low maintaince of shorter lengths. 

Cheers again for your time and the response. 

On 11/17/2023 at 5:29 PM, hybonix said:

I think the result is quite nice, but I do see the gap between the hairline and the right frontal third. The curly hair also highlights this a little bit more, but I think you look good imo. Can I see pictures of your hair before the transplant?

Lastly, I agree with Gatsby on playing with hair lengths. I had to try many different cuts to find something that worked for me.

Interesting that curly maybe highlights that a bit more over other types. 

-Sure I'll get a pre op photo uploaded

Yeah the next plan would be to mix up the hair lengths and see what I can get away with, 

I appreciate the feedback thanks.