3 months

CaptainO

I had my transplant 3 months ago to the day. I began to see some growth at the two month mark but it seems like nothing has happened since. I was hoping to fill in the temple area. I see some thick hairs growing here and there in my temples but not anywhere near the thickness I though would grow. pictures 2 and 4 are from before, 16 and 17 is today.

hair4.jpg.278e0409c95b12221db5dd76be220fd6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are photos of my temple areas. Can anyone tell me why there are real dark spots? Are those ingrown hairs? Also, I'm at 3 months and one week and I see about 10-15 dark hairs growing per temple. Is this the start of the growth phase? Do others start growing at different times.....ie some won't grow until 4 months others 6?

I had 1800 grafts, mostly in the front part of my head.

5b32c91e7daa6_photo(19).jpg.022b279656145077b280144364dedd92.jpg

5b32c91e941f3_photo(20).jpg.0f66cc4b88d1ce9a0127e912fd9fc4af.jpg

If youre worrying....stop....like sparky said its just the start. Expect the process to take many more months and expect to feel a few ups and downs during that time. It may take a year to see the full result, and its possible for the really big change to take place after 6-9 months after the HT. Everyones timing is different.

Are the brown spots tender to touch....if so its a large pimple. sometimes you get some inflammation and then it goes away. If its not a large pimple it could just be your skin characteristics reacting to the HT. I have fair skin and I can still see a very faint purpling in the front from the HT after 5 months. So i wouldnt worry.....give it time....cheers

sunny

Captain,

All I can do is emphasize what others have already advised. Don't worry. You are only at the beginning of the growth phase and yes, the hairs all begin to grow at different times. You will see things slowly begin to fill in over time. If you are like me, you won't begin to see real results until the 8th month but it may happen sooner for you.

I couldn't say what the dark spots are but it could be hairs below the skin.

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Captain,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I see sporadic growth in your temple area where there previously was no hairs prior to surgery. Is that correct? If so, I think that's better than most at only 3months and therefore, you have absolutely nothing to worry about at this stage.

Captain,

I agree with everyone here. While I want to be optimistic and expect awesome growth at the 3 month mark, I am in the same boat as you and actually still have hairs that have not shed. I will continue to wait at least until the 5 month mark and if things have not progressed I will make a point to discuss this with my HT.

Captain0,

I remember at about the 3-4 month mark I thought I looked worse than before!

My doctor, Dr. Charles, did a pretty good job of explaining that this is normal for many at this point on the timeline, so I was concerned, but confident. Then after another 3-4 months? HUGE difference!

Hang in there. You're just getting over the hump!

Panama Jimmy

• 2 weeks later...