Dr Kaan Pekiner - 1906 grafts - 26.01.23 & 27.01.23

Spring15

Hi all

After much delay due to COVID, my own indecisiveness and surgeon wait times I finally had my second transplant performed by Dr Kaan Pekiner

Background

I have been losing hair since 2012 starting around age 20. I tried finasteride but quickly developed side effects so stopped immediately. Used topical minoxidil for the next few years which I hope slowed my loss slightly. I decided to pull the trigger and get my first transplant in 2017. I made the poor decision of choosing cost over quality, with Dr Cinik - who back then was considered one of the better low cost surgeons, think I payed 1750 Euros. I posted a topic about it, the results for the price were satisfactory apart from the fact they overharvested my donor a bit, which I only realized recently, that pissed me off. Anyway 6 years after my first transplant I feel I've lost maybe half a norwood or so & I wanted a touch up and add density. My treatments currently are minoxidil - oral + topical, micro needling & nizoral.

Experience

For my second transplant I wanted to go with the best possible for my situation. From the patient testimonies & results I've found online, Dr Pekiner stood out among the best for me. I spoke with the coordinator through whatsapp, he sorted everything out for me pretty promptly. It was about a 4 month wait until surgery went ahead. The tedious travel of 4 flights from New Zealand to Ankara, Turkey did not disappoint, I had blisters on my feet when I finally arrived at the Green Park hotel. I arrived a few days early prior to surgery incase I missed a flight or delays. Reception at hotel spoke English, no one else really. I felt arrogant to an extent anyway speaking English in a country where it's not the native tongue, so I tried not to talk too much. The room service food at the hotel was delicious, not too costly either. The pepsi & coke in Turkey tastes bland though. I also nearly got run over looking the wrong way when crossing the road as they drive on the right side, where I'm used to cars on the left side. 

The day of surgery I was picked up by one of the assistants, nice guy speaks a little English. The clinic is only a 2 minute drive from Green Park hotel. The state of the clinic was immaculate. Not a spec of dust to be seen. Upon arrival I met Dr Pekiner, he speaks English fluently & we discussed my situation, treatments etc. He is a very warm, caring, ethical man. I felt in great hands the whole time. He was the forefront of every stage of the procedure, drawing the hairline, extracting the grafts, inserting the grafts. He had the help of 2 assistants. He completed about 1200 grafts the first day, then 700 the next day as I had a flight out that night. Experience was flawless.

Flying back home at Istanbul air port - I was shocked by the pure number of hair transplant patients. On my flight alone, checking in and waiting for departure I counted at least 13 others. That is only what I saw, there were probably 20+ on my flight. Trying to half examine some of the work. I'd say sadly majority were done by mills. Nearly all were NW4-6 who looked like they just had a 3000-5000 grafts mega session that day, some of these guys heads were still bleeding. I saw someone whose mid-scalp looked like he had maybe 5 grafts per cm2. I felt pretty bad for them. On my last of 4 flights home, I lightly bumped my head on the recipient area on some kids elbow, I was exhausted not paying attention. Hopefully it doesn't affect the grafts growth

At home now, been spraying saline frantically

pekiner-preop-1.jpg

pekiner-preop-2.jpg

pekiner-preop-3.jpg

pekiner-preop-4.jpg

pekiner-postop-1.jpg

pekiner-postop-2.jpg

pekiner-postop-donor.jpg

pekiner-postop-3.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Hairagainn said:

haha I bumped my head on the car right after the assistant told me to be careful getting in, felt like such an idiot. But I was drugged up and feeling pretty disoriented. Hit the midscalp so hopefully no damage done to any grafts.

Enjoy your new head of hair (soonish) 😃 

It's easy to be clumsy after such a procedure. Should be fine. Thanks I'm hoping eagerly waiting 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:20 AM, Spring15 said:

Hi all

After much delay due to COVID, my own indecisiveness and surgeon wait times I finally had my second transplant performed by Dr Kaan Pekiner

Background

I have been losing hair since 2012 starting around age 20. I tried finasteride but quickly developed side effects so stopped immediately. Used topical minoxidil for the next few years which I hope slowed my loss slightly. I decided to pull the trigger and get my first transplant in 2017. I made the poor decision of choosing cost over quality, with Dr Cinik - who back then was considered one of the better low cost surgeons, think I payed 1750 Euros. I posted a topic about it, the results for the price were satisfactory apart from the fact they overharvested my donor a bit, which I only realized recently, that pissed me off. Anyway 6 years after my first transplant I feel I've lost maybe half a norwood or so & I wanted a touch up and add density. My treatments currently are minoxidil - oral + topical, micro needling & nizoral.

Experience

For my second transplant I wanted to go with the best possible for my situation. From the patient testimonies & results I've found online, Dr Pekiner stood out among the best for me. I spoke with the coordinator through whatsapp, he sorted everything out for me pretty promptly. It was about a 4 month wait until surgery went ahead. The tedious travel of 4 flights from New Zealand to Ankara, Turkey did not disappoint, I had blisters on my feet when I finally arrived at the Green Park hotel. I arrived a few days early prior to surgery incase I missed a flight or delays. Reception at hotel spoke English, no one else really. I felt arrogant to an extent anyway speaking English in a country where it's not the native tongue, so I tried not to talk too much. The room service food at the hotel was delicious, not too costly either. The pepsi & coke in Turkey tastes bland though. I also nearly got run over looking the wrong way when crossing the road as they drive on the right side, where I'm used to cars on the left side. 

The day of surgery I was picked up by one of the assistants, nice guy speaks a little English. The clinic is only a 2 minute drive from Green Park hotel. The state of the clinic was immaculate. Not a spec of dust to be seen. Upon arrival I met Dr Pekiner, he speaks English fluently & we discussed my situation, treatments etc. He is a very warm, caring, ethical man. I felt in great hands the whole time. He was the forefront of every stage of the procedure, drawing the hairline, extracting the grafts, inserting the grafts. He had the help of 2 assistants. He completed about 1200 grafts the first day, then 700 the next day as I had a flight out that night. Experience was flawless.

Flying back home at Istanbul air port - I was shocked by the pure number of hair transplant patients. On my flight alone, checking in and waiting for departure I counted at least 13 others. That is only what I saw, there were probably 20+ on my flight. Trying to half examine some of the work. I'd say sadly majority were done by mills. Nearly all were NW4-6 who looked like they just had a 3000-5000 grafts mega session that day, some of these guys heads were still bleeding. I saw someone whose mid-scalp looked like he had maybe 5 grafts per cm2. I felt pretty bad for them. On my last of 4 flights home, I lightly bumped my head on the recipient area on some kids elbow, I was exhausted not paying attention. Hopefully it doesn't affect the grafts growth

At home now, been spraying saline frantically

pekiner-preop-1.jpg

pekiner-preop-2.jpg

pekiner-preop-3.jpg

pekiner-preop-4.jpg

pekiner-postop-1.jpg

pekiner-postop-2.jpg

pekiner-postop-donor.jpg

pekiner-postop-3.jpg

Dang man.. can’t imagine seeing All those men with high hopes and expectations for what they think they’re getting and in a few months it would have been better to shave. Your work looks clean! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Dang man.. can’t imagine seeing All those men with high hopes and expectations for what they think they’re getting and in a few months it would have been better to shave. Your work looks clean! 

I'm hoping the best for them, but no doubt some will be very disappointed sadly. Yeah I'm really happy so far, will clean off scabs tomorrow

11 hours ago, vanilia said:

typical great Pekiner work. i am going in 3 weeks.

how many anestesia injections did you get on first day and how many on second? need to prepare for those hard 15 minutes :)

I didn't count but probably around 10 in my donor, the pains not too bad - you'll be able to bare it, then all of a sudden you'll feel nothing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spring15 said:

I think they're from micron needling. I only noticed them in the last few years

Interesting. Likely scarring from microneedling then, thanks for sharing. I refrained from microneedling suspecting something like this might happen.  

Transplant looks great, all the best. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Right on track ..work looks clean and hairline design by him is always great..u will get a good outcome soon with head full of hair...happy growing and keep updating 😊

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

13 hours ago, Giddylot said:

Hey congrats. He does everything by himself right? Extraction stick and place etc?

Thanks, still have to wait to see how it turns out. Yes he does everything, he is the center of the operation the whole way through

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryanwhit14 said:

How do you get a hold of Dr Pekiner? I can’t find his info anywhere. If it weird he doesn’t have a website ?

The clinic name is now Neohead. I don't know why the website is down. I'll PM you his advisor's number

Edited by Spring15
removed link to external site
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryanwhit14 said:

How do you get a hold of Dr Pekiner? I can’t find his info anywhere. If it weird he doesn’t have a website ?

He's got an Instagram (neoheadclinic) that has a link to his advisors WhatsApp. 

Seems he gets plenty of business even with this suboptimal strategy 

• Like 1

5 weeks. Those indents are apparently from my body producing too much skin when healing causing it to fold - I think micro needling started it and this latest transplant made it more severe

20230303_211849.jpg

• Like 1